• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Horse Power !!!

vigorcomp

Porkster is your dyno an engine dyno or a chassis dyno?

From what I have gathered it is a chassis one so it measures whp....but don't quote me on it as I am still investigating, I am supposed to visit the facility sometime within the next two weeks.

• 2 years later...
the one at open uni is a chassis dyno whereas the one in german tech is a normal one where u take off the engine and connect it directly to the engine. so no chance of using that. but keep in mind the one at open uni can be used by 2wds only.

oh right!

do you have any idea how we can gain access to the facility? :huh:

in all honesty i was looking for a place to drop the post about an application for the iPhone which acts as a dyno using the phones accelerometer function

:)

hey there was a video about this iphone software on youtube. In that they compared that specific software of the iphone against one of the other units that measures HP using similar methods. Apparenlty the results produced by that iphone software(dynolicious) was far more accurate than the results produced by the other unit . So it might be a worthy investment. Ill try to find that video and post it here. Its a nice video to watch as they compare the final results with a real dyno sheet.

OT:- is it possible to embed videos here in AL forum?

Edited by GearHead

hey there was a video about this iphone software on youtube. In that they compared that specific software of the iphone against one of the other units that measures HP using similar methods. Apparenlty the results produced by that iphone software(dynolicious) was far more accurate than the other results produced by the other unit . So it might be a worthy invenstment. Ill try to find that video and post it here. Its a nice video to watch as they compare the final resutls with a real dyno sheet.

OT:- is it possible to embed videos here in AL forum?

don't think u can embed machan :(

yup well worth a $15 investment for anyone who's got an iphone!

yup thats the plan :)

nothing serious ne, so thought it'd be fun to know how many horses have run away in the last 12 years! :lol:

lol :action-smiley-060:

with the low mileage you've got on the clock, i dont think that the numbers would many...:) how many Ks did you actually manage to put in it in last few years?

Edited by GearHead

you are not the mystery man who left it his z untouched for years in some timber shop in kirulapone right?

nope..that car is red....devinda's is black

BTW devinda how many Z's are there with targa tops in SL?

Edited by HelRazor