• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Completely Redesigned 2007 Corolla

isurujosh

I don't think that is going to be the New corolla, Toyota has been keeping it hush hush and no really been disclosing their direction for the corolla. Check out this link:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpr...yota_auris.html

It seems the Auris will replace the Corolla. I've heard that they will bring out a Diesel Hot hatch version, using their 180 bhp 2.2 Diesel from the Rav-4 and tuning it to 200bhp. That would be Phat! Imahine all the torque in a mid sized hatch back.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that is going to be the New corolla, Toyota has been keeping it hush hush and no really been disclosing their direction for the corolla. Check out this link:

It seems the Auris will replace the Corolla. I've heard that they will bring out a Diesel Hot hatch version, using their 180 bhp 2.2 Diesel from the Rav-4 and tuning it to 200bhp. That would be Phat! Imahine all the torque in a mid sized hatch back.

I like the way these Diesels are going.... with their economy and with the recent power output increases, they are a match for their petrol counterparts.....

I like the way these Diesels are going.... with their economy and with the recent power output increases, they are a match for their petrol counterparts.....

true

yaris, auris... what will they come up with next ? Jamis ? they arent even sticking to their names.. they changes models so often that it's a tough job to keep up with...

Edited by dragster

well now your just been plain stupid bro... read the facts..

here I'll make it easier for you...

http://carwale.com/Resources/DetailedCompa...rollaVsOctavia/

Play nice, draggy. The personal comments are getting a little tiresome.

well now your just been plain stupid bro... read the facts..

here I'll make it easier for you...

http://carwale.com/Resources/DetailedCompa...rollaVsOctavia/

Also, if ur repling to Mona with this, its just plain irrelavant. Mona says Accords are popular targets for thieves in the US and u say their wrong and use an Indian mags review of the new civ, old corolla and an octavia as ur proof? I mean....???

That easy to break into eh... lol...

damn i've been beaten lol!

I think I'm leaning towards Hola's statement that the Civic and Corolla really don't compete directly. Come to think of it both models have stood for different aspects. Civic for Performance, comfort & looks. Corolla for soft, refined boring ride, and not much else :P:D:D

not firing at you but if you and hola insist they're for two different markets how can dragster here lash out sales figures comparing the two? i say they're for the same market but they just have different approaches...

well what to do man.. that's reality...

how ever much you say that the corolla has a market the true stats are that the civic sells far better than the corolla...

just a note: do you know the most stolen model in the US is the Accord ?

"Sales of Toyota Corolla have nearly halved since the launch of Honda Civic, which hit the road merely a few months ago.

Sources in the industry said sales of Toyota Corolla have reduced to around 450 per month from 850-900 per month before the launch of Honda Civic. The 1.8-lt Civic, is witnessing sales of over 1,800 on a monthly basis probably because it is the newest car to hit the market, industry analysts said. "

just cos they sell well in the US it doesn't mean that the rest of the world follows suit... would you buy a chery if it sold in huge numbers in the US?

ohhhh i used a sensitive word...

Yes, hope someone can get a market reserch or a sales report thing. The Civic has been the best seling Japanease sedan for sometime now for US. I think Corolla is more towards family, you know the one a husband buys his wife or a standard car if you have the right budget. A Civic is more towards style (not that corolla doesnt have style). I still say the 2 cars are 2 diffrent markets

i would like to clear something... the civic or the corolla is not a car that people for style. they buy it because it one of the cheapest cars available (i'm speaking for the US market) the civic specially is purchased by high schoolers or college kids coz they are cheap and reliable.

i would like to clear something... the civic or the corolla is not a car that people for style. they buy it because it one of the cheapest cars available (i'm speaking for the US market) the civic specially is purchased by high schoolers or college kids coz they are cheap and reliable.

actually i think that has changed. i haven't seen too many college kids driving brand new civics..most of the civics i see around are usually owned by small families, and young professionals..well basically people who have a bit more money than your typical college kid. there is a huge college kid market for second hand and older hondas, but i think they're a bit pricey these days given how popular they are and how refined they've become.

but i too would have to agree that the corolla and the civic, no matter what enthusiasts may say (and i'm a civic owner here), are still both in the same general market. like fuzzo said, they're (relatively) cheap, reliable cars. both cars may have their own followings...hondas for people who are a bit more enthusiastic about driving, and corollas for people who don't care much about the aftermarket scene and just want a basic, not too flashy car. but still, they're both aiming at the same general market trying to sell an entry level mid-sized car.

actually i think that has changed. i haven't seen too many college kids driving brand new civics..most of the civics i see around are usually owned by small families, and young professionals..well basically people who have a bit more money than your typical college kid. there is a huge college kid market for second hand and older hondas, but i think they're a bit pricey these days given how popular they are and how refined they've become.

but i too would have to agree that the corolla and the civic, no matter what enthusiasts may say (and i'm a civic owner here), are still both in the same general market. like fuzzo said, they're (relatively) cheap, reliable cars. both cars may have their own followings...hondas for people who are a bit more enthusiastic about driving, and corollas for people who don't care much about the aftermarket scene and just want a basic, not too flashy car. but still, they're both aiming at the same general market trying to sell an entry level mid-sized car.

well there you go people.. short and sweet.. well said.. why cant the others in here understand such a simple thing ? :D

Play nice, draggy. The personal comments are getting a little tiresome.

Also, if ur repling to Mona with this, its just plain irrelavant. Mona says Accords are popular targets for thieves in the US and u say their wrong and use an Indian mags review of the new civ, old corolla and an octavia as ur proof? I mean....???

mona didnt say Accords are popular targets for thieves... I said it.. and he said "is it that easy to break in to" which I replied like above.. LIKE DUH.. the accord is a popular target cause it's one of the best models in the US.. thus resale value is higher than other models...

and I was playing nice man.. the way your going we wont be able to say anything here after.. it will have to be only Hi's and Bye's... specialy a forum has to be very open so that every one could view their thoughts be it right or wrong..

Edited by dragster

well there you go people.. short and sweet.. well said.. why cant the others in here understand such a simple thing ? :D

mona didnt say Accords are popular targets for thieves... I said it.. and he said "is it that easy to break in to" which I replied like above.. LIKE DUH.. the accord is a popular target cause it's one of the best models in the US.. thus resale value is higher than other models...

and I was playing nice man.. the way your going we wont be able to say anything here after.. it will have to be only Hi's and Bye's... specialy a forum has to be very open so that every one could view their thoughts be it right or wrong..

Your link was an Indian Mag Reveiw...

Cars being a target is onething, but being the top most robbed car, i wouldnt touch it!!!

If you take the Sri Lankan recon market. A 2003 VTEC Civic goes around 25.5 to 26. A 2003 Corrola goes from 2.8 to 3. And these days all Civics in the sales are gone. Becuase what Japanease have is the 2002 model in their stocks which our goverment doesnt allow to import. And the Singapore ones are booked for sale already and Singapore has a 1590cc model which can be got down recon to us, but the tax is high. In Sri Lanka 80% of the 1500cc sedan buyers prefer Corolla, then they fail to have the fund and they go for N16s or FB15s. The rest of the 20% goes for Hondas/Mazdas/Ford

If you take the Sri Lankan recon market. A 2003 VTEC Civic goes around 25.5 to 26. A 2003 Corrola goes from 2.8 to 3. And these days all Civics in the sales are gone. Becuase what Japanease have is the 2002 model in their stocks which our goverment doesnt allow to import. And the Singapore ones are booked for sale already and Singapore has a 1590cc model which can be got down recon to us, but the tax is high. In Sri Lanka 80% of the 1500cc sedan buyers prefer Corolla, then they fail to have the fund and they go for N16s or FB15s. The rest of the 20% goes for Hondas/Mazdas/Ford

No offense, but who did the survey on the percentages u've mentioned?

A. Find someones book where playing nice includes calling ppl "stupid". U can air ur thoughts, and air ur opinions on car, but keep ur personal opinion on ppl to urself.

B. U replied to it is easy to break into with an article about indian civics, not US Accords.

C. Best models of what in the US? Are u restricting this best to in the Honda line up? If ur talking 4 door sedans .... :D:D I'm sure BM and Merc will disagree, among a whole host of others. Don't even think of putting qualifiers and "duh" or "ding"ing here bud. I don't care what u meant. Thats what u said.

Your link was an Indian Mag Reveiw...

Cars being a target is onething, but being the top most robbed car, i wouldnt touch it!!!

oh man... why did even bother...

I'll leave it as let bygones be bygones

Edited by dragster

A. Find someones book where playing nice includes calling ppl "stupid". U can air ur thoughts, and air ur opinions on car, but keep ur personal opinion on ppl to urself.

B. U replied to it is easy to break into with an article about indian civics, not US Accords.

C. Best models of what in the US? Are u restricting this best to in the Honda line up? If ur talking 4 door sedans .... :D:D I'm sure BM and Merc will disagree, among a whole host of others. Don't even think of putting qualifiers and "duh" or "ding"ing here bud. I don't care what u meant. Thats what u said.

i don' think u r being unfair here! but i see no consitency in your treatment of of insults, there are number of cases where (including mona) has been very rude to to other memebers and you don't tend to raise your concern then... now all of a sudden you are being strict on dragster! some members post in the forum with funny pictures that thing and this thing and you give them free will! but what ever you do or think ...

getting nack to the topic...

for US auto sales follow this link forbes

u'd see that dragster is wrong ... corolla selles about 30,000 units (if i remember right) than civic

@blazin: check the link i have given as "source" in my initial post in this thread and you'd see that they are refering to a JDM corolla... rest of the owrld may get different versions! for instance 1.8L (127hp) corolla is already offered in US (in the old 121 body though) ... this diesel hatch must be mainly intended at europe (as europe is safe haven for diesel power) ... anway juding by your mention that Tyoyota is building a 200hp diesel hot hatch ... i can safely say that it could possibly be a good challenge to CTR(deprending on how well the Toyo handles) :P

cause we are talking about a better car here.. so as Ash beeing a good friend of mine, I want him to have the best... :D

Machan my reply post for this is in the post w. thread. please move it to that.

i don' think u r being unfair here! but i see no consitency in your treatment of of insults, there are number of cases where (including mona) has been very rude to to other memebers and you don't tend to raise your concern then... now all of a sudden you are being strict on dragster! some members post in the forum with funny pictures that thing and this thing and you give them free will! but what ever you do or think ...

Ur right and wrong. We have been leniant, and this is not a "crackdown". Draggy choose to comment on the light warning of "play nice", so I had to be a little more forceful. Some ppl need it to get the message.

As for the last rash of picture insults, if u look carefully, u will notice a post where I say.

And boys, knock it off with the pics. It is detracting the value of this thread.

That would be consistent with the "play nice" warning. No one getting their warning levels raised yet.

I remember putting up a post telling someone they were treading on thin ice too, tho I don't remember the circs.

Anything further?...

Just saw a freakin Corolla 1.8 ver intercooled turbo-charged today.. i dnt knw whether it is authentic or not but the intercooled n turbo badge was very clear on the rear and it is a 1.8... any specs on this model?

Zz

if the badge said it, i am sure it really has intercool turbo! since sri lankans aren't the kind who fantacise over stuff they don't have... if the badge says something it does really have stuff in it! for instance if there is a badge saying GTR.. that is infact a GTR... emmm... may be even R35 :action-smiley-060:

:action-smiley-060: Found the circs. It was u on the first page of this thread! :rolleyes:

he! he! getting back to the topic! as u r a somewhat in touch with the auto industry... u can also add something as to what sells more (civic or corolla - at least in US)... i think corolla's sell better contrary to what dragsters is telling about corolla's! ;)

he! he! getting back to the topic! as u r a somewhat in touch with the auto industry... u can also add something as to what sells more (civic or corolla - at least in US)... i think corolla's sell better contrary to what dragsters is telling about corolla's! :action-smiley-060:

I have no knowledge on the subject as I am extremely uninterested in the market data of entry level sedans. Actually I am extremely uninterested in market data of all types. I work in a place that makes systems for stock markets. We have an overabundance of market data and I am sick of the sight of it.

this corolla car belongs to a pal of mine whoz got a freakin rich dad.. and the car looked in tiptop condition so i would assume it really is a turbo version.. the nut owned a evo, a subaru etc.. what money would buy for ppl with no enthusiasm for speed :-( lolz...

somebody bloody sponsor me a camphone.. could take da pic den! ;-)

Zz