• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki SWIFT Ht51s EPS issue

fakeside

Question

Hi Friends,

I have a 2004 suzuki swift HT51S and recently I noticed that after starting the car power steering function is not working for a while. However when driving automatically the power steering comes in to work (after 5 - 10 minutes time). This happens only when starting the car.

Appreciate your valuable suggestions, opinions in this regard.

Thank You

3 answers to this question

14 hours ago, fakeside said:

Hi Friends,

I have a 2004 suzuki swift HT51S and recently I noticed that after starting the car power steering function is not working for a while. However when driving automatically the power steering comes in to work (after 5 - 10 minutes time). This happens only when starting the car.

Appreciate your valuable suggestions, opinions in this regard.

Thank You

This is a known issue with this model. You will have to replace the M5 steering control module. Usually this comes attached to the steering column, thus when you buy reconditioned might have to purchase the whole steering column.

If I remember correctly it costs arround 15,000lkr or more. 

Screenshot_20211028-024210_Chrome.jpg

On 10/28/2021 at 2:46 AM, GK_007 said:

This is a known issue with this model. You will have to replace the M5 steering control module. Usually this comes attached to the steering column, thus when you buy reconditioned might have to purchase the whole steering column.

If I remember correctly it costs arround 15,000lkr or more. 

Screenshot_20211028-024210_Chrome.jpg

Thank you very much GK_007. 

Assume that the image you have posted is a exact sample of HT51S steering control module.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fakeside said:

Thank you very much GK_007. 

Assume that the image you have posted is a exact sample of HT51S steering control module.

Yes, not sure of the current pricing though. 

Edited by GK_007
  • Like 1