• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My New Ride

ash

I'm going for a total check-up hopefully this week-end before I put it to full swing. You have to take care of the CVT box. The CVT oil is more expensive than the normal. I've also heard when gone for services, some service stations have top up with the normal and have messed it. Keeping an eye.

It’s not only A/T, it’s multitronic. You get the best otta both worlds. Even in the auto mode it kiks...

Well it's a nice car one time even i checked out one to buy. But end of the day u won't get best of both worlds cos it doesn't have a clutch now does it. And yes the CVT is a wonderful thing but play safe with the gearbox cos it's very sensitive. And most of nissan BHP levels are unusable. Just put one against a honda and u will see tee hee hee

Well it's a nice car one time even i checked out one to buy. But end of the day u won't get best of both worlds cos it doesn't have a clutch now does it. And yes the CVT is a wonderful thing but play safe with the gearbox cos it's very sensitive. And most of nissan BHP levels are unusable. Just put one against a honda and u will see tee hee hee

Yeah I remember a yellow d15b taking down a silver sr20ve :D

just to keep you informed..the agents want 800K for a new gearbox and 1.1 mil for the gearbox with lsd.

:D Thanks… I won’t be harsh on the gear box. Too much for my pocket.

I don’t wanna put it against any car. The pleasure driving it is enough for me, specially after hearing the new gear box prices. ;) May be on the road here & there.

no offence Ash.. but finaly a person who speaks some reality...

Edited by dragster

Nice car bro... interestin stuff it got.. especially the multi-tronic thingy... since you d mentioned it have dual trannyz.. is there a clutch in place for the manual? or is it basically the tiptronic along with the autoD function ?

Zz

Nice car bro... interestin stuff it got.. especially the multi-tronic thingy... since you d mentioned it have dual trannyz.. is there a clutch in place for the manual? or is it basically the tiptronic along with the autoD function ?

Zz

The latter... it's similar to the tiptronic with an addition of AutoD

Hey, nice car first of all. Not a manual, true..but they're harder and harder to find these days, so this is definitely not a bad option at all I'd say.

But I have a question about CVT gearboxes...I thought they used a pulley system and didn't have "gears" per se...so are the 6 gears in your car just synthetically assigned numbers for speed & rev levels, or is there an actual gear of some sort for each number? ...I'm assuming CVT in these primeras does stand for the traditional Continuously Variable Transmission?..or does it stand for something else, and this is a 6 speed gear box?

Hey, nice car first of all. Not a manual, true..but they're harder and harder to find these days, so this is definitely not a bad option at all I'd say.

But I have a question about CVT gearboxes...I thought they used a pulley system and didn't have "gears" per se...so are the 6 gears in your car just synthetically assigned numbers for speed & rev levels, or is there an actual gear of some sort for each number? ...I'm assuming CVT in these primeras does stand for the traditional Continuously Variable Transmission?..or does it stand for something else, and this is a 6 speed gear box?

that's correct... Hyper-CVT M6 is nissan's 6 speed tip-tronic gearbox... and yes it is the standard pulley and belt system... as you said it simulates 6 manual gears... no gears per se... the primera was first to get this gearbox...

i'd have to say it's pretty impressive since CVT boxes weren't known to handle much torque at inception...

• 1 year later...
Machan, Im asking this because I dont know really. What is this CBK mawatha and why is it good for speed test runs? Please forgive me for my low knowledge about these roads.

nice ride bro. u came to c janitha rgt. one of ma frnd has the same car. (301 purple one). so i no the power of dis car. its an awesom ride. CONGRADS.

Machan, Im asking this because I dont know really. What is this CBK mawatha and why is it good for speed test runs? Please forgive me for my low knowledge about these roads.

ohh CBK mawatha is located in between kaduwela and malabe and it is 2.5 km long and carpetted. But u have to be very careful when you drive over speed because the road has got only two lanes and two connected roads in between. Also a lot of children and families are doing jogging and use to walk around.

there were so many fatel accidents occured. Recently two cars have gone over the pavement and felt down a paddy field and two motocylist died on the spot in two incidents.

Therefore ride carefully on this road. :)

ohh CBK mawatha is located in between kaduwela and malabe and it is 2.5 km long and carpetted. But u have to be very careful when you drive over speed because the road has got only two lanes and two connected roads in between. Also a lot of children and families are doing jogging and use to walk around.

there were so many fatel accidents occured. Recently two cars have gone over the pavement and felt down a paddy field and two motocylist died on the spot in two incidents.

Really? I haven't heard of any fatalities. Tho I did see the tire marks that looked like a motorbike had lost it recently, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was fatal. Nasty tire track.

Besides, road is deteriorating a bit now. Surface isn't as smooth. And the road beyond Millennium Drive isn't good for speeding unless you have suspension upto the task.

Haven't thrashed in a long time :( Need new tires. And for the price of petrol to go down.

Got it machan. :jumping-smiley-013: Thank you very much for your comprehensive reply. The answer is crystal clear now. And thank you very much also for the advices.... Thanks :alc: