• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Filling stations add kerosene oil to petrol and mix Octane 92 with 95

K.o.N.o.S

Guys we should be more concerned about this. I also experienced reduced performance after pumping 95 from the fuel station of my neighborhood.

Quote from the article

"After pumping petrol from the Kottawa filling station two pistons of my car and three pistons of my friend’s car were damaged. There weren’t other issues in those vehicles. If this had happened to one vehicle it would have been because of a defect in the vehicle"
- Asanga Bandara,  Racing Driver

https://www.dailymirror.lk/opinion/Shaky-deals-and-misdeeds-in-the-fuel-industry/231-228937

• Sad 1

Well, how about getting one of these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OKTIS-2-Analyzer-Meter-Octane-Number-Portable-Tester-New-condition-/274492681724

Place this between filler hole and the petrol pump and it'll show the octane number of petrol you pump, just needs 80ml of fuel for a measurement. I was contemplating getting one but so far my neighborhood filling station hasn't failed me 

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Well, how about getting one of these:

Good one but might not be ideal/practical for majority of the users. I think the best approach would be to avoid these shaky fuel stations. May be we can use this thread to report those fuel stations.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Good one but might not be ideal/practical for majority of the users. I think the best approach would be to avoid these shaky fuel stations. May be we can use this thread to report those fuel stations.

Ah, we do have an age old thread dedicated for that purpose

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Ah, we do have an age old thread dedicated for that purpose

Great.Thanks for pointing this out. Maybe it is time to restart the thread.