• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

VITZ KSP 90 1000cc 2010 MODEL - WHITE SMOKE AND ENGINE OIL BURN

Harshana82

Question

Dear All

There is a white smoke coming when accelerating at full and Engine oil is also getting reduced.

I showed to couple of mechanics and they said that the engine is under compressor and better to replace the engine.

Are there any other solutions other than the replacing the engine as it is costly these days. 

Can you recommend me a good Garage who can fix this

Thank  you. 

2 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Harshana82 said:

Dear All

There is a white smoke coming when accelerating at full and Engine oil is also getting reduced.

I showed to couple of mechanics and they said that the engine is under compressor and better to replace the engine.

Are there any other solutions other than the replacing the engine as it is costly these days. 

Can you recommend me a good Garage who can fix this

Thank  you. 

Well....not really....you will  end up nearly rebuilding the existing engine and this would cost as much as getting a new engine.

When you get a new engine, please make sure you do a proper rebuild on it (change seals and gaskets, check piston rings, etc, check the timing chain, change any tensioners, etc...as well) A lot of makabaases and cheap owners just drop in the new engine. Remember these "new" engines are used from Japan and you never know what the condition of the donor car was...so always do a rebuild/refresh.

Depending on the mileage and age of the engine the things you will have to do will be lesser, but you can never know what the engine mileage is unless you saw the engine being pulled out of the car. So you need to start doing a rebuild/refurb/restore on the engine and as you inspect it, change what needs to be changed.  FYI...the 1.0L Vitz is quite popular with fleet owners (i.e. companies, rental agencies) and new owners...either way the car gets used quite harshly.

@Twin Turbo's solution, as he mentioned, is temporary...and very temporary. Please do NOT consider that to be a fix.

• Like 1