• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which is better...Perodua Axia 2015 or Mitsubishi EK wagon 2016 ?

Ranjula Wahalawatte

Question

I am looking for a car and considering various opinions and considering future issues I have two options according to my budget. Which is better in response to fuel economy and maintenance cost Perodua Axia 2015 or Mitsubishi EK wagon 2016? Please kindly enlighten me. I live in Kandy and work in Nuwaraeliya. 

Edited by iRage

10 answers to this question

15 hours ago, Ranjula Wahalawatte said:

I am looking for a car and considering various opinions and considering future issues I have two options according to my budget. Which is better in response to fuel economy and maintenance cost Perodua Axia 2015 or Mitsubishi EK wagon 2016? Please kindly enlighten me. I live in Kandy and work in Nuwaraeliya. 

Easy choice - Axia.  The Axia comes with a 1 L engine and is more of a car than the Kei-class EK with a 0.6 L engine. Maintenance wise too the Axia will be easier to live with. Perodua's are generally tough, nippy little cars and the Axia's no different. 

15 hours ago, matroska said:

more of a car than the Kei-class EK

@Ranjula Wahalawatte..whilst I agree with hat @matroska has stated...the above is somewhat subjective/quesionable as it depends on the exact variants you are looking at. The Ek...in higher grades, especially with the Turbo engine (there are a few in SL) are actually much nicer than than the like of the Axia and other Daihatsu offerings with the 1L engine. This is mainly because the EK, which is mainly for the Japanese market, is offered in better safety equipment and the turbo engine makes he car quite peppy and things like interior finish is a lot better as well compared to the likes of an Axia which tend to have somewhat more basic plastics and upholstery and also in terms of features/accessories. the issue is when it comes to kei cars, Sri Lankans have a tendency to think of them in terms of the Wagon R and Alto which are some what of the basic of kei cars around. Well specs kei cars like the Dayz, EK and NOne are actually much nicer that the common 1L Vitz we get in SL (mainly because the 1L Vitz/Yaris were/are made for cheap fleets and first time young buyers on a budget..whilst the average to higher trim kei cars are spec'd as family vehicles..quite common for a guy who has a Crown or Land Cruiser as a family vehicle to use a decent kei car as the daily car). 

Having said that...if what you are looking for is ease of and cost effective maintenance, then yes..the Axia is the better choice and will offer you a bit more luggage/interior space. I beleive a lot of the mechanical parts and even body components, etc...can be found a bit more easily in SL than the EK.

But, if there are other criterion, or existing priorities do change, also look in to higher spec'd EKs and Dayz..they just might fit your bill.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, iRage said:

depends on the exact variants you are looking at. The Ek...in higher grades, especially with the Turbo engine (there are a few in SL) are actually much nicer than than the like of the Axia and other Daihatsu offerings with the 1L engine

Since he is trying to choose between an Axia and an EK - it seems he is looking at an EK in the same price bracket as the  Axia . AFAIK the nicer EK/Day'z are a bit more expensive. Axia's and garden variant EK's go for around the high 40's and the Nicer Kei's are a bit above 5 M. 

Edited by matroska
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

had a viva 2010 the problem with perodua is the plastic tend to fall off the door guard and several like that fell off.

go for the Mitsubishi it will be more reliable the only issue is the body part will be difficult to get as the Ek wagon many many models and are few unlike the wagon r.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, matroska said:

Axia's and garden variant EK's go for around the high 40's and the Nicer Kei's are a bit above 5 M. 

:o :o :o ..and to think I bought my Mark X for 4.5mil and sold it for 4.2....pretty soon bullock carts are going otbe in high demand and prices of bulls and carts will ky rocket as well

On 2/21/2022 at 10:30 AM, iRage said:

@Ranjula Wahalawatte..whilst I agree with hat @matroska has stated...the above is somewhat subjective/quesionable as it depends on the exact variants you are looking at. The Ek...in higher grades, especially with the Turbo engine (there are a few in SL) are actually much nicer than than the like of the Axia and other Daihatsu offerings with the 1L engine. This is mainly because the EK, which is mainly for the Japanese market, is offered in better safety equipment and the turbo engine makes he car quite peppy and things like interior finish is a lot better as well compared to the likes of an Axia which tend to have somewhat more basic plastics and upholstery and also in terms of features/accessories. the issue is when it comes to kei cars, Sri Lankans have a tendency to think of them in terms of the Wagon R and Alto which are some what of the basic of kei cars around. Well specs kei cars like the Dayz, EK and NOne are actually much nicer that the common 1L Vitz we get in SL (mainly because the 1L Vitz/Yaris were/are made for cheap fleets and first time young buyers on a budget..whilst the average to higher trim kei cars are spec'd as family vehicles..quite common for a guy who has a Crown or Land Cruiser as a family vehicle to use a decent kei car as the daily car). 

Having said that...if what you are looking for is ease of and cost effective maintenance, then yes..the Axia is the better choice and will offer you a bit more luggage/interior space. I beleive a lot of the mechanical parts and even body components, etc...can be found a bit more easily in SL than the EK.

But, if there are other criterion, or existing priorities do change, also look in to higher spec'd EKs and Dayz..they just might fit your bill.

Than you so much