• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Evo 4 conversion

Hi,

I've been looking into buying an evo 4 and I've come across some conversions but haven't been able to find an original

So does anyone know is it safe to buy an evo 4 conversion?

Like will it damage the chassis of the vehicle or any other part of the vehicle in the long run since a lancer CK2 is built to withstand a 1.5 liter engine

6 hours ago, amiru randil said:

Hi,

I've been looking into buying an evo 4 and I've come across some conversions but haven't been able to find an original

So does anyone know is it safe to buy an evo 4 conversion?

Like will it damage the chassis of the vehicle or any other part of the vehicle in the long run since a lancer CK2 is built to withstand a 1.5 liter engine

Depends on the conversion. The actual Evo and GOOD conversions have a lot of body strenghthening done (in terms of extra welds, streghthening plates, etc).  So make sure that you check all the work before buying it. You can start by asking detailed questions about the conversion, i.e. what has been done (like whether it was a complete nut and bolt redo or an engine+drive train+interior/exterior panel swap); who did the concersion; specs of parts; etc...a guy who is a true enthusiast andhas done a proper job will give you a detailed breakdown (so far the guys I know of who have done proper conversions have been very picky about the people who have come to buy them and parting with it has been close to taking away a child..so that should give you a hint as well). Then go get the car checked professionally to see if there are any issues with the structure. Having said that, you should know that no matter how well the conversion is done, it might not be as 100% as the original as there would be something missing against the extremely precise welds and re-enforcement that had been done at the factory.

• Thanks 1