• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Allion 260 Engine Indication in Dashboard

arunwij

Question

Hello guys, 

This is my first question in AL. I have recently bought an Allion 260 (A18) and today it showed engine light in dashboard. Milage is around 160K. Can someone let me know possible causes for the issue? What steps need to diagnose the issue? Is it safe to drive while Engine bulb On? Please see the attachment for the picture. 

Thanks for the help. 

Photo - Google Photos 2022-06-08 20-19-45.png

1 answer to this question

On 6/9/2022 at 12:08 AM, arunwij said:

Hello guys, 

This is my first question in AL. I have recently bought an Allion 260 (A18) and today it showed engine light in dashboard. Milage is around 160K. Can someone let me know possible causes for the issue? What steps need to diagnose the issue? Is it safe to drive while Engine bulb On? Please see the attachment for the picture. 

Thanks for the help. 

Photo - Google Photos 2022-06-08 20-19-45.png

Welcome to the forum ! Congratulations on your new purchase ! The 1800cc ALlion/Premio is a much much much nicer car than the more common 150cc variant ! 

As for the engine light...it can come off for ANY reason. If the car's system detects an error it will light up the engine light. This reason can be ANYTHING ! Something simple as a sensor going bad to something like the coil pack goingbad. The ONLY thing you can do (and what others can advice you to do) is to go to a reputable garage and get a diagnostic scan done. Once you have the error codes, you can figure out what it wrong with the car and proceed to fix it.

If you can drive it depends on what the cause is, sometimes it makes the car miss or even undrivable and sometimes it is like nothing has ever changed. Either way you should go get it scanned as soon as possible. Then you can decide if you can and should drive as it is for sometime or if it needs to be fixed right now (remember sometimes the issue might not be felt at all but not fixing the issue now  can lead to bigger problems in the future).