• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

300c Launched In Sl

fuzzo

Didn’t want to open a new topic for this ……

The new Chrysler 300C SRT8 -------

Extra power via supercharger is the motto for the tune-up of the 6.1 litre V8 HEMI engine of the SRT8. The engine technicians of Europe’s leading customizer for US cars are developing a supercharger engine for the big Chrysler. The system consists of a belt-driven supercharger with integrated, watercooled intercooler, a high performance exhaust system including special manifolds and steel-bed catalysts and a recalibrated ECU.

The compressor helps the engine to achieve a power increase from standard 430 hp / 317 kW to about 556 hp / 409 kW at 5,200 rpm. Maximum torque is increased to 679 Nm at 4,800 revs. The engine conversion reduces the acceleration time from 0 - 100 km/h to about 4.7 seconds, maximum speed will be 300 km/h plus.

untitled10ee.png

Isn't this the Chrysler Magnum you've got posted here? If so, then its been out for a while, and was the first of the current Chrysler line up to be available in SRT spec.

Its based on the same platform as the 300C but marketed as a different model to a different demographic.

• 1 month later...

i can't believe you have to pay 9.2 million for this sh^t h^le of a car. Sigh that's 90k US$ ouch. I believe they start at 2.4 million in the US :):(:D

u r da guy who was seeking for S class prices here right ... ok try to compare with 300c being 9+ million and S class being 30 million odd and 5 series(2.5L or so one) being 20+ million ...

and if u r 2 bring a 4.5L GT work the math and u'd never want to set foot in this infested land... I say despite powertrain inferiority 300C(ususal american junk technology) is real value proposition in SL!

u r da guy who was seeking for S class prices here right ... ok try to compare with 300c being 9+ million and S class being 30 million odd and 5 series(2.5L or so one) being 20+ million ...

and if u r 2 bring a 4.5L GT work the math and u'd never want to set foot in this infested land... I say despite powertrain inferiority 300C(ususal american junk technology) is real value proposition in SL!

Gotta admit, after the replies for the prices i saw from the other post, the 300C looks like its gonna be huge in SL. Ahhh Chrysler finally found a good market for its crap sigh... d@mn import duties :grinning-smiley-043: - ok i'll stop b@tching :D

BTW - you shouldn't say stuff like "infested land." True, stuff sux right now, but I believe things will change with our generation. That's my philosophical 2 cents for this week ;)

The 300C is quite a decent car by American standards since it's based on the previous generation E-Class (W201) platform, just like the Crossfire is based on the old SLK - Daimler-Benz own Chrysler now.

As we all know ALL cars are over priced here even the damn Micro. When you consider the size of the car and the standard equipment 9.2m is a bargain! You get a car bigger than an E-class taht's cheaper than a C class.

Although I would not buy one ppl in Sl are in awe about the 300C s imposing looks.

The Joke at Dimos is how a customer walked in to the showroom and was looking around the E-class and CLS. Then wandered over to the sales guy and asked him in a soft voice; "How much is that Bentley?" :grinning-smiley-043:

When the guy said it's not a Bentley but a Chrysler and it costs 9.2m he dropped the E-class and ordered a 300C!

Can't blame the guy. When American cars were popular here in the 50s and 60s they were considered prestious and only the rich owned them. That image is still present today even though not quite right.

The 300C is quite a decent car by American standards since it's based on the previous generation E-Class (W201) platform, just like the Crossfire is based on the old SLK - Daimler-Benz own Chrysler now.

As we all know ALL cars are over priced here even the damn Micro. When you consider the size of the car and the standard equipment 9.2m is a bargain! You get a car bigger than an E-class taht's cheaper than a C class.

Although I would not buy one ppl in Sl are in awe about the 300C s imposing looks.

The Joke at Dimos is how a customer walked in to the showroom and was looking around the E-class and CLS. Then wandered over to the sales guy and asked him in a soft voice; "How much is that Bentley?" :grinning-smiley-043:

When the guy said it's not a Bentley but a Chrysler and it costs 9.2m he dropped the E-class and ordered a 300C!

Can't blame the guy. When American cars were popular here in the 50s and 60s they were considered prestious and only the rich owned them. That image is still present today even though not quite right.

But reliability wise, 300cc can’t be compared with a E or C class.

Gotta admit, after the replies for the prices i saw from the other post, the 300C looks like its gonna be huge in SL. Ahhh Chrysler finally found a good market for its crap sigh... d@mn import duties :grinning-smiley-043: - ok i'll stop b@tching :D

BTW - you shouldn't say stuff like "infested land." True, stuff sux right now, but I believe things will change with our generation. That's my philosophical 2 cents for this week ;)

he he! wotz ur generation... yeah I agree the newgen is doing a good job ... but politics at large is drivin this country into a grave! ;)