• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda - Image

Duncan

Hey everyone

This post is in no way meant to offent Mazda fans, nor is it the intention to start a brand bashing session.

Though I have only briefly owned Mazda models over the years, I have a certain amount of respect and fancy towards the company that brought us the likes of RX-7, and the Miata (MX5). Not to mention what they did in the development of the Wankel engine.

However, world over (sadly) Mazda has not enjoyed the brand image they deserve. They are somewhat like Audi 10 years ago. The most underrated European brand, has in the recent past managed to bring out some exciting and innovative products (coupled with extensive marketting work on brand imaging) managed to put themselves where they truly belong (well there is a bit more work to be done I feel).

Mazda has brought out some really cool looking products recently, but will the Zoom Zoom image do the trick and put then where they belong?

What do you guys think?

Cheers

I completely Agree.... I will always be a hard core Mazda fan...but yet I am also aware of the fact that in the past Mazda has had problems with it's product image... but I see that changing now for instance the new Mazda3 & Mazdaspeed 3 I must say are absolutely amazing, they are comparing the 2007 mazdaspeed 3 to a WRX, who would have ever thought that would happen... I think with all things in life you must fall once to learn your lesson and then come up strong... which is what mazda is doing, their imaga has faltered, but their coming back strong...currently Mazda is the number one seller in North America... by far to be at that point their zoom zoom imaging is doing well for them.

i have owned new model mazdas, specialy the 3. I should say designwise, it cannot be matched with anything on the market yet. Othercars are way behind. It just now that others are trying to catch up with interesting Models.

In USA, canada and many other countries Mazda sales grown so fast. Mazda 3 , 6 Rx 8 and Cx 7 i am sure all we do very very well.

I agree. I think Mazdas are very underrated cars and have been for a while now. I have had a few Mazdas in the past and they have always been better in every way. that their Toyota, Nissan and Mitsubishi rivals in my opinion.

I had a 92 Interplay and it was one of the most fun cars I had and thrashed around. It handled well too apart from being very quick - I was only overtaken twice, once by a Merc E class and another time by a Peugeot 605 two more powerful cars.

Then I had a 97 Familia Turbo Diesel Intercooler with the air scoop. I really thrashed that car too drove it hard. While it was not as fast and had nose heavy handling unlike the Interplay, I engjoyed the Turbo kick in and the fuel economy. I bought the car unreg and sold it in exactly 3 years. All I ever replaced was a pair of rubber bushes in the front suspension and a set of brake pads!

They've been utterly reliable vehicles. Our companys had quite a few Mazda (Bongo) vans and they too have been real work horses.

I think the 3 looks good for a Jap car and the 6 look very good. The Rx8 looks great and I'd love to have MX-5 someday.

The agents in SL have tried hard to kill this brand but it has stayed popular because of its good products!

Hey everyone

This post is in no way meant to offent Mazda fans, nor is it the intention to start a brand bashing session.

However, world over (sadly) Mazda has not enjoyed the brand image they deserve.

What do you guys think?

Cheers

Hi,

Despite the latest products like Mazda 3 & 6 ,the image factor still hits badly on Mazda ,in my opinion.Even early 2000 models are not such atractive to compete wth its rivals.But, I should state that it has proven to be a good reliable car to me during last 2-3 yrs.

I went for MAzda (Familia - 94 model) maily because of the low price in the mkt whch is a result of its dull look,Mazda impression, cheap interior & agent's bad records. I still remember ,when I wanted to celebrate my purchase,many friends asked me " oh ,why bought a Mazda mmmm !!! & why not Nissan/ Toyota ??? and advised me to change the car ASAP which I did n't do.

Anyway,as a Mazda fan, I really like to see the future trend & attitude change in right drection for Mazda and loanging to own a MAzda speed 3 as my dream car.

why'd the agent want to kill the brand? they'd loose business.. not to mention thier reputation as an agent..

I thought its obvious. Well its called bad management. Its not that they want to do that. But they do not want to do what is needed by the customer, they don't want to make an effort. They're stuck in their old fashioned ways. Anyway they got a diagnostic computer for Mazda for the first time only this year!!!!! That says it all really!

I went for MAzda (Familia - 94 model) maily because of the low price in the mkt whch is a result of its dull look,

IMHO a 94 Mazda looks a lot better than a 94 Toyota or Nissan. But its the perception that's built up in peoples minds who think that Nissan and Toyota are actually better. And since many believe this there'll always be more demand for those brands which in turn drives the prices (re-sale value) up.

I remember someone telling me sometime ago that Mazda's are not the best buy coz of non-availability/high-price of spare parts. Is this a fair statement?

I like Mazda's tho. I came close to buying 3 when looking for a vehicle.

Dilan's RX-7 long ago. Madmax had a good laugh. Too much tho.

Madmax found a Miata, that I was very close to buying, but it was auto. And everyone had a good laugh about me in a small car.

And there was the Eunos, which was extremely hacked and asking way too much. And everyone had a good laugh about me in a small car.

Seems to be a common theme there :unsure:

I remember someone telling me sometime ago that Mazda's are not the best buy coz of non-availability/high-price of spare parts. Is this a fair statement?

Madmax found a Miata, that I was very close to buying, but it was auto. And everyone had a good laugh about me in a small car.

And there was the Eunos, which was extremely hacked and asking way too much. And everyone had a good laugh about me in a small car.

Seems to be a common theme there :)

Can't say that I ever found Mazda spares pricey. And anyway the Mazdas I owned almost never broke down.

The Miata is a small two seater sports car and its size makes it nimble. BTW its best selling sports car of all time!

About the Mazda Agent.

Infact Mazda Old Fashioned Management is over. Now its Headed by His Son who took over the management, and He is just 25 years old and has turned carmart back. So give him a bit of time, he will do the needfull to make what ever brand image lost.

If you have visited CARMARTS booth on some motorshows and the recent launch of the 307, you will be amazed to see how they have come up with New Ideas. But I think Customer Feedback is Directly Important for them to Build Up their service.

I was Mitsubishi Lancer Fan, But I have lost in faith with Mitsubishi Because of its unintresting models and the Local Agent. The previous MD was really good and turned Mitsubishi to what its today. But with the New Management they have again lost focus on what they want to do. Customer service is really not that good anymore.

Go for mazda. They have some real good cars.....

Seems to be a common theme there :)

Damn! Should have sprung for the RX-7 man, it would have made an interesting ride.

Edited by tuk tuk

Can't say that I ever found Mazda spares pricey. And anyway the Mazdas I owned almost never broke down.

The Miata is a small two seater sports car and its size makes it nimble. BTW its best selling sports car of all time!

Yes, I am aware of the Miata and its history, the point is, since I am a large guy, ppl had a laugh thinking of me in such a small car. Anyway, I don't like auto tranny's.

Yes, I am aware of the Miata and its history, the point is, since I am a large guy, ppl had a laugh thinking of me in such a small car. Anyway, I don't like auto tranny's.

Ok then I see your point about the size. Also I agree there's little point in buying a sports car with an auto box.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. I think Mazdas are very underrated cars and have been for a while now. I have had a few Mazdas in the past and they have always been better in every way. that their Toyota, Nissan and Mitsubishi rivals in my opinion.

I had a 92 Interplay and it was one of the most fun cars I had and thrashed around. It handled well too apart from being very quick - I was only overtaken twice, once by a Merc E class and another time by a Peugeot 605 two more powerful cars.

Then I had a 97 Familia Turbo Diesel Intercooler with the air scoop. I really thrashed that car too drove it hard. While it was not as fast and had nose heavy handling unlike the Interplay, I engjoyed the Turbo kick in and the fuel economy. I bought the car unreg and sold it in exactly 3 years. All I ever replaced was a pair of rubber bushes in the front suspension and a set of brake pads!

They've been utterly reliable vehicles. Our companys had quite a few Mazda (Bongo) vans and they too have been real work horses.

I think the 3 looks good for a Jap car and the 6 look very good. The Rx8 looks great and I'd love to have MX-5 someday.

The agents in SL have tried hard to kill this brand but it has stayed popular because of its good products!

Ya have to agree with you on this- I personally believe the downfall of Mazda in SL is mainly due to the Agents- It would be nice to see a different agent take over. This is not to promote any other agent .... truly sorry If I did something illegal but I'm just a die hard MAZDA fan