• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

4x4 Challenge 2006

Cruiserhead

4x4 Challenge 2006

This year it's time to burn the mountains...We will be at Deraniyagala, rocking and rolling in mud glorious mud and water crossings...

Action not to be missed for..."Those Who Dare"

1st - 4th December....Awards ceremony 9th Dec at Austasia..

See Ya....

FWDC

4x4 Challenge 2006

This year it's time to burn the mountains...We will be at Deraniyagala, rocking and rolling in mud glorious mud and water crossings...

See Ya....

FWDC

Aww crap man.................I'm gonna miss it. My Exams coming up on the 6th. ;)

What a bummer.

Take loads of pictures people :angry-smiley-048:

only thought that comes to mind is.......envy!!

:angry-smiley-048: have fun guys and all the very best to the organisers. There is one hec of a lot of work that goes on behind the scene than the spectators get to realise. So don't forget to congratulate the organisers whilst doing the same to the participants.

Cheers

4x4 Challenge 2006

See Ya....

FWDC

Good luck on this event. I don't think most people will be able to be there because its a bit way off from Colombo. Anyway good luck to the organisers.

BTW you guys at FWDC and sponsors, why did you wait for Indika & Osanda to be away from Sri Lanka to conduct the event? Is it because your idea of having a 4WD event goes up in smokes because of people like Indika who win these sorts of events easily whereas some cant even compete with them.

Another thing I heard is that you guys wanted the land Rover guys out of running. I hear that they were refused their entries saying that you are full but thanks to a lady they have got submitted their entries. Pls guys don't do that you need the others also to run.

You know what even though the two big guys are not there I'm sure a Land Rover will win the event so I'm counting on that. No offense ment but let my heart out. :angry-smiley-048:

4x4 Challenge 2006

See Ya....

FWDC

What is the best day to put a day visit? Also can you give the guys direction to Deraniyagala? Which part of the coutry is it?

Good luck on this event. I don't think most people will be able to be there because its a bit way off from Colombo. Anyway good luck to the organisers.

BTW you guys at FWDC and sponsors, why did you wait for Indika & Osanda to be away from Sri Lanka to conduct the event? Is it because your idea of having a 4WD event goes up in smokes because of people like Indika who win these sorts of events easily whereas some cant even compete with them.

Another thing I heard is that you guys wanted the land Rover guys out of running. I hear that they were refused their entries saying that you are full but thanks to a lady they have got submitted their entries. Pls guys don't do that you need the others also to run.

You know what even though the two big guys are not there I'm sure a Land Rover will win the event so I'm counting on that. No offense ment but let my heart out. :lol:

For your information there are 3 or 4 land rovers taking part, as for the lady requesting us to allow landrovers is bull, we have given them deadlines for entries..., 4x4 Challenge was scheduled for October but due to the countries situation we had to keep postponing the whole thing till December, keeping indika and osanda out was never out intention...

We wish them all the best at RFC and also, would like to pose a quiestion to all those who think that this event kept them away... If sananth J is out of the country playing international cricket does that mean all cricket games in Sri Lanka are stoped till he come s back??

Think before you leap...

;)

For your information there are 3 or 4 land rovers taking part, as for the lady requesting us to allow landrovers is bull, we have given them deadlines for entries..., 4x4 Challenge was scheduled for October but due to the countries situation we had to keep postponing the whole thing till December, keeping indika and osanda out was never out intention...

We wish them all the best at RFC and also, would like to pose a quiestion to all those who think that this event kept them away... If sananth J is out of the country playing international cricket does that mean all cricket games in Sri Lanka are stoped till he come s back??

Think before you leap...

:alc:

The info I got is from a close friend of mine who who knows the FWDC & LROC crowd. I also know about the Land Rovers taking part and who they are.

Thing is you say you have given them deadlines, but They were there with entries a day prior to the deadline.

Country situation is not as good as when it was in October is it? Any how guys have a great time.

Hey guys who the f**k thinks that absent drivers are the only first class drivers in Sri lanka!!! Anyways you guys planned it very well so that you can cut off all the 4 X 4 Pro's. I have one question, Why the f**k the organizers kept NIGEL out of the challenge. It was a Hugh plan by few organizers to cut him out coz they new he would be a definite winner!!! I personally think that he's a one of the best Mechanic's & a Driver in Sri Lanka. If anyone dares to challenge him, Please come forward & let me know. So I will be waiting for any hero's....................

Edited by mishiran

hi,

This post will be for everyone who doesn't know about whats going on behind the screen. There are lot of politics behind the this. i am actively involved in 4x4 stuff and also own few landrovers. so i assume i can and have the knowledge to talk about this issue.

I know for sure that 4wheel club in sri lanka doesnt want land rover guys to compete and win. i know this for fact.gummmybr was right. when D*MO sponsered the nuwaraeliya lake cross they illtreated all the possible landrover winners. the red wrangler was a 4 ltr petrol and he still couldnt do any better than the landrover guys.

ultimately the maximum point holder was indika and land rover club identified his vehicle as a landrover hybrid. they emphasised on the HYBRID word to show that his vehicle had a super powered engine or something. but the truth is he had a standard 2500 cc 200tdi landrover engine. It was a shame that a 2.5 ltr diesel landrover defeated a 4 ltr petrol wrangler and afterall D*MO (sean - FWDC) sponsered the event and they couldnt bear it. Indika, osanda, nigel are all good talented drivers. please donot try to play any gimmics and illtreat those talented people. sponsers are trying to bring some kingshit guys and vehicles up in the rank. but we know who the real talented people are.

Edited by lakshank

hey u all,

sometimes i read these threads and it seems funny all the drama going on a small community which i think is total BS. Also its funny how you can not express how you feel on these typa websitess, just wanted to put some word in so the admins would think whats going on................. <_<:D:violent-smiley-030::violent-smiley-030::violent-smiley-030::violent-smiley-030::violent-smiley-030::violent-smiley-030::violent-smiley-030:

Anyone knows the results??

Or do we have to wait for the presentation ceremony??

As far as I know the official results will be given at the presentation ceremony to be held on t he 9th. This is ridiculous as a big event in the form of Malaysian Rain Forest Challenge have already given the awards and finished the day they ended the whole thing. Why can't our people do the same thing??

I was told that the 4x4 Challenge happened without much fan participation.

Enough of that..... ANyone who went have pictures or any stuff relating to the event?? Like to see what it was like...

To all the critics,

4x4 challenge 2006 was first scheduled for october of this year but due to the prevailing security situation of the country we had to postpone several times. December was the last call as a long weekend was there, being considerate about the competitors we were compeled to hold it on the dates announced. It was regretable that these dates were the same as RFC.

It is also regretable that certain people seem to think that the organising committee is out to keep away competitors, let us enlighten those who favour LROC that when ever they organised events that the last to be informed was the FWDC and also the competition was so that only their competitors had the advantage of running ahead of the rest. FWDC is not a biased club and we welcome any soul to the club with the common interest of promoting the 4x4 sport and true sportsmanship.

A note to the person who refers to Nigel as a winner, we would like to request from you to keep Nigel informed of the deadlines given when these types of events are to be held and also if possible to sponsor his entry fee as stipulated, the vehicle too needs to be ready for the challenge and it was with safety in mind that it was not allowed. As for the results not being announced at the event, we would like to be very thourough with it as competitors need to be give the benefit of the doubt and 40 hours of tape has to be reviewed to make sure that all these debits and points are correct, unlike sportsman in RFC malaysia, us local competitors don't handle debits easily.

A finel note to all so called patriotic Sri Lankan's...It's a shame to note that there is always a person there to drag the successful one down just so that we can all be stuck in the same mud hole. Isn't it about time that we started to think about the future of the 4x4 sport in Sri Lanka and promote Sri Lanka as a 4x4 Challenge destination in the International circuit.

A personal note... I hope that one day all critics will turn around to us and thank us for the previlage we will bring by promoting this sport through out the country.

A famouse quote come to mind where the FWDC lives by.

"It's not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actualy in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiently; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in worthy course; who at best, knows in the end the triumph of high achivement, and who at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat"

THEODORE ROOSEVELT - Paris 1910.

FWDC

Edited by Cruiserhead

Hi Cruiserhead

Well done on the event.

Any chance of purchasing a DVD from the club?

Please give me the details for this.

Thanks.

Cheers

Hi Cruiserhead

Well done on the event.

Any chance of purchasing a DVD from the club?

Please give me the details for this.

Thanks.

Cheers

Thanks Duncan,

It was alot of effort put in by all marshals and competitors.

Yes we will be having a DVD out soon, will keep you posted on that.

Regards

Cruiserhead

Thanks Duncan,

It was alot of effort put in by all marshals and competitors.

Yes we will be having a DVD out soon, will keep you posted on that.

Regards

Cruiserhead

Hay Cruiserhead, I heard that the event went well. Soon we will be updating photos of 4x4 challenge 2006 in AL Gallery. Props to all the organizers and competitors..well done guys !!