• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Axio 141 Smart key Convertion

raveeJaya

Question

Hello Experts,

I need some help from you guys.

Here is a brief introduction what I did.

I have an Axio G grade vehicle with Key start. I wanted to convert it to a Puch start with Smart key.

So I have imported the required parts from one of my friend. He brought down a complete Axio for me. I got Complete interior Wire harness and Engine bay wire harness except the Engine and Gear box wires. I have replaced the ECU, door handlers and wire harness of the door but did not changed the door lock(Motor and the locking mechanism). Replaced the Steering column. Dickey switch and handles.

Now the all of the things are working as expected except one issue. When I try to unlock the locked door by putting my hand to the door handle, it will try to open the lock 4 times(I can hear 4 times it send the unlock signals to all 4 doors and blinking the signal lights 4 times), but it should be only once. If I unlocked the door from the smart key it will operate the motor only once which is the correct behavior.

Is there anybody who could help me to find out the issue.

Only thing comes into my mind is to replace the door lock motor and the lock, which I did not do.

Thanks

Ravee

Edited by raveeJaya

7 answers to this question

Hi Ravee

For starters...are you sure what you have is an actual G ? I am 99.9% certain that all the G grades came with the smart entry system.

As for your problem, is the 4x motor activation happening with just one door ? or does it happen on both ? If it is just one, then it could be that the handle has an issue.

Looking at the parts diagrams the motor itself is the same for both the smart key and the standard one. You might want to look in to the receiver control and then the key oscillators....if there is an issue with any one of them (especially the driver's door) things might start to act wierd.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, iRage said:

Hi Ravee

For starters...are you sure what you have is an actual G ? I am 99.9% certain that all the G grades came with the smart entry system.

As for your problem, is the 4x motor activation happening with just one door ? or does it happen on both ? If it is just one, then it could be that the handle has an issue.

Looking at the parts diagrams the motor itself is the same for both the smart key and the standard one. You might want to look in to the receiver control and then the key oscillators....if there is an issue with any one of them (especially the driver's door) things might start to act weird.

Thank you for your response !

1. Yes it is a G grade, I checked the Model code. Anyway since I have changed the Full wire harness it should not be a problem I guess.

2. This is happening with both doors. But Passenger side door is having another issue. It will activate 4X Activation when I try to open by putting my hand, even the door is already unlocked. This is not the case with driver side door, it activates 4X time if it is only in locked state.

15 hours ago, raveeJaya said:

. Yes it is a G grade, I checked the Model code. Anyway since I have changed the Full wire harness it should not be a problem I guess.

Is your Axio manufactured in 2008 or later ? When the pre-facelift model was released he smart key was standard on G grades. But when the facelift was introduced the smart key had become an option on the G grade and the standard was just the remote key. (well this is according to the catalog).

Now...this leads to two other questions...was the smart key system taken on out of a facelift or prefacelift ? I am wondering if there is some component in the entire system that is slightly different (lock motors are the same). Highly unlikely though but you never know.

Secondly, I am assuming that the system was working in the previous car without any issues.

Other than that...all I can say is check the reciever controllers I mentioned in the previous post

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, iRage said:

Is your Axio manufactured in 2008 or later ? When the pre-facelift model was released he smart key was standard on G grades. But when the facelift was introduced the smart key had become an option on the G grade and the standard was just the remote key. (well this is according to the catalog).

Now...this leads to two other questions...was the smart key system taken on out of a facelift or prefacelift ? I am wondering if there is some component in the entire system that is slightly different (lock motors are the same). Highly unlikely though but you never know.

Secondly, I am assuming that the system was working in the previous car without any issues.

Other than that...all I can say is check the reciever controllers I mentioned in the previous post

Thank you Very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

My Axio is a facelift model it was manufactured in 2009. The parts were imported from a 2008 Preface lift model. As you said there were some difference in the wiring. For example Gear shifter wiring was different so we had to change it to the imported one.

Im not sure whether the system was working in the previous car properly.However it had done only 30k + on the Odo.Parts  looks newer.I saw the original car pictures and it was in good condition (outer look)

I will check the receiver and the oscillator.

Thanks again.

On 11/25/2022 at 2:36 AM, raveeJaya said:

Update.

I have replaced the Front door lock with the controller, now everything started to work as expected.

Thank you iRage for your help

Glad you sorted it out ! Did you ahve to buy a new one ? Was it freely available ? Hope it wasn't too much of an expensive fix.

On 11/28/2022 at 8:21 AM, iRage said:

Glad you sorted it out ! Did you ahve to buy a new one ? Was it freely available ? Hope it wasn't too much of an expensive fix.

I got them from the guy who bring down the Axio parts for me.He was so kind to exchange the parts for free !