• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Alfa Romeo

Pb2k

Hello fellow Alfa enthusiasts, thank you so much for your invitation to the next "AutoLanka get together" !!!!

But I'm afraid I can't make it :alc: I just arrived from a beautiful holiday in Thailand this week, and I'm only supposed to go to Sri Lanka this March, to help setup the VAT academy in Galle.

I hope I don't break any hearts :D

You know, I actually made the decision to sell my alfa in thailand, because she costs me too damn much, she's not practical at all, et cetera..then I come home, look at her..I make the mistake to drive her again

Selling this car?? What the hell am I thinking : I NEED A CAR LIKE THIS

Oh yes tell me about it. That can happen when you see her and drive her. But do come here in March with your sexy red babe. We'll be having our track day at Katukurunda. It would be great to see her lap quicker than some of the modern cars.

Hello fellow Alfa enthusiasts, thank you so much for your invitation to the next "AutoLanka get together" !!!!

But I'm afraid I can't make it :D I just arrived from a beautiful holiday in Thailand this week, and I'm only supposed to go to Sri Lanka this March, to help setup the VAT academy in Galle.

I hope I don't break any hearts :o

You know, I actually made the decision to sell my alfa in thailand, because she costs me too damn much, she's not practical at all, et cetera..then I come home, look at her..I make the mistake to drive her again

Selling this car?? What the hell am I thinking : I NEED A CAR LIKE THIS

Of course you do NEED her! Bring her along in March when you come. You'll be in time for our track day at Katukurunda!

You can email me for further info - [email protected]

Oh yes tell me about it. That can happen when you see her and drive her. But do come here in March with your sexy red babe. We'll be having our track day at Katukurunda. It would be great to see her lap quicker than some of the modern cars.

Of course you do NEED her! Bring her along in March when you come. You'll be in time for our track day at Katukurunda!

You can email me for further info - [email protected]

heh, i would love to but shipping my GT to Sri Lanka for a clubday is a bit out of budget for me. If I ever reside in Sri lanka for longer periods it would be nice to import it, but for now she stays in front of my house, which is in the Netherlands :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I will be in Sri Lanka in August B)

it took a long while but finally our shipment of computers has made it thru. I would really love it to meet you people, are there any Alfa related meetings that month?

IPB Image

it took a long while but finally our shipment of computers has made it thru. I would really love it to meet you people, are there any Alfa related meetings that month?

Hey dude Pb2k she seems to be in rude health :) . But what are those four spoke wheels :huh: ? Get some gold GTAm replicas, may I suggest? MY sweet heart is undergoing severe surgery and I'm missing her no end.

My Alfetta GTV is out of the paint shop at last from the ground up restoration. Now I only need to slot in the engine, box and trimmings. I'm estimating another 03 months but I wish it happens quicker. Tomorrow I visit the paint shop and will post a few pics even though she's still nude :violent-smiley-030: . I'm happy though she's made me a lot poorer.

BTW the way the Italian Car Club is having it's 2nd track day on the 15th of July. There's be two Giulias, probably two Ferraris and maybe a Maserati. So your timing is a bit late unless you can make it a bit earlier.

Anyway we must meet and share info and ideas and talk about Alfas. You can mail me at [email protected]

Ciao

Hey dude Pb2k she seems to be in rude health :) . But what are those four spoke wheels :huh: ? Get some gold GTAm replicas, may I suggest? MY sweet heart is undergoing severe surgery and I'm missing her no end.

My Alfetta GTV is out of the paint shop at last from the ground up restoration. Now I only need to slot in the engine, box and trimmings. I'm estimating another 03 months but I wish it happens quicker. Tomorrow I visit the paint shop and will post a few pics even though she's still nude :violent-smiley-030: . I'm happy though she's made me a lot poorer.

BTW the way the Italian Car Club is having it's 2nd track day on the 15th of July. There's be two Giulias, probably two Ferraris and maybe a Maserati. So your timing is a bit late unless you can make it a bit earlier.

Anyway we must meet and share info and ideas and talk about Alfas. You can mail me at [email protected]

Ciao

Hello GTAM, the rims are actually quite good looking :) They are BWA rims, an accessory at the time. It might take some time to get used to compared to GTA rims, but I was offered those a month ago and I thought they were a bit too expensive (800 euro's for 4 x 14").

I can't send you a private message due to forum restrictions, but if you like to keep in touch, please send an email to the address that you can find anywhere on my crude website

• 2 months later...

Hello friends, I am now back in the Netherlands after some really nice and finished projects in Sri lanka :

P8250048.jpgP8240059.jpgP9060344.jpgP9070015.jpg

and i was so happy to meet some of you people !

Thank you for showing me around Dayan, it really made my holiday into something unique. I hope to see your Bertone finished soon. And thanks to Freddy too, you have such a beautiful alfa, it made me wonder if my Bertone can also be in a similar condition one day. Well I could always try : I just ordered a whole new (sportive) suspension system and I am negotiating with a befriended car restorator about a whole make over of the bodywork. I just want to make sure all the technical aspects are 100% before we start with the body.

the road is long but can be rewarding

Micha

Edited by Pb2k

I found a beautiful girl from Tenerife !

we travelled for 2 1/2 weeks through the east and spent most of the time in bed. it was wonderful too :D

I hope the steering wheel adds something to your alfa-car park ! I made a few pictures of your improvised, mechanical way to lower the side window, but they are not good enough. Could you tell me what part of which car you used ? It seemed way better than the wired system that comes original. I will install the whole suspension system (brembo 75TS brakes, Koni adjustable racing suspension, Jamex springs and Vredestein T-trac tires) in about 3 weeks. I need to because I have to do the yearly checkup thing within the next 6 weeks. It's the electronics i am most worried about.

My father has nearly finished his supersport, it's down to some very small things now. He offered to deliver the car to Freddy (all the way from here to him, would be a very interesting trip) but found it discouraging you are not allowed to import cars older than 3 years :)

I think it will be january or february (but a period of 2 months) when I get back. i am looking forward to it, as I had the best time possible this holiday !

Edited by Pb2k

wowee...that silver car is a beauty :) :)

BTW...great job with the imacs :) nice to see some poor kids getting their first computer experience with an Apple...

hopefully they'll learn to "think differently" too just like apple :)

we travelled for 2 1/2 weeks through the east and spent most of the time in bed. it was wonderful too :D

I hope the steering wheel adds something to your alfa-car park ! I made a few pictures of your improvised, mechanical way to lower the side window, but they are not good enough. Could you tell me what part of which car you used ? It seemed way better than the wired system that comes original. I will install the whole suspension system (brembo 75TS brakes, Koni adjustable racing suspension, Jamex springs and Vredestein T-trac tires) in about 3 weeks. I need to because I have to do the yearly checkup thing within the next 6 weeks. It's the electronics i am most worried about.

My father has nearly finished his supersport, it's down to some very small things now. He offered to deliver the car to Freddy (all the way from here to him, would be a very interesting trip) but found it discouraging you are not allowed to import cars older than 3 years :)

I think it will be january or february (but a period of 2 months) when I get back. i am looking forward to it, as I had the best time possible this holiday !

Hey coiuld not thank you enough for the steering. It's hanging on my wall for now :) !!

The window winder mechanism came from a old Mitsubishi van for ease and no one will see it. Hope you can find it in Holland. If not let me know I could get a set for you here and ship it across.

Yes you can't "import" an old care into SL but you can bring it and take it back!

We had a nice Classic Car show and I was trying to get in touch with you to invite you, but I see you have had a great time anyway ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I am happy to hear all that :)

I need to share these pictures with you

d3b978358a7935c38edaf952e3a2bae8JPG.jpg

b96867cb4519928e515ce8f3d2b4ec70JPG.jpg

I'm a long way from that car, but I'm happy you are too : Every time I see a picture like this it's the most beautiful car i have ever seen, and then my second thought is that i actually own a car like that too :D It's a dream !

the video was taken at Lake Garda in Italy. Again, not my car :)

my car is this :

roadtrip thru France

france.jpg

and my latest worry

brokenwheel.jpg

my suspension found a way thru the under carriage. I ordered a complete 2nd hand undercarriage of a 1750GT for 150 euro's (yes?) and only need to clean it and replace all rubbers.

Edited by Pb2k

Hey awesome pics of the GTA. And great video of that 1750! I like the deep sound.

One day our cars will look and drive like those :rolleyes: I;'m sure!! !!!!!!

The body work on my car is nearing completion.

Yesterday I took the head off to check the state of the engine. To my horror it requires a complete rebuild.

I've estimated that the parts will cost me about US$1000/- :(

I earlier had plans to import a fully re-built and upgraded 2.0 engine that pumps out 150bhp!!! However with our stock market dwindling I now cannot afford the US$3000 asking price :(

I'm sorry to hear that, but wow, thats a lot of money for this type of engine

I bought my 2 litre twincam for 400 euro's (Alfetta 2 litre with modded low carter). I bought the twin Webers for 250 euro's. Just to give you an idea about prices. The 2 litre is not so difficult to get, but the matching flywheel is.

If this one dies prematurely I might go for a 2.0 TS engine from a 75 twinspark: It's cheap, more powerful (180HP) and easy to fit without a lot of mods.