• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Alfa Romeo

Pb2k

cheap addresses for new Alfa Bertone parts : i hope it helps you

http://www.arparts.nl/index_onderdelen.htm

http://www.autopartsbrummen.nl/site/

this week i am in sort of a shopping spree for my alfa..i put all other hobbies aside and just want to do this right. I am happy with the news that one of my neighbours kids has professional equipment to clean hardware. There is so much nice stuff to buy, I am surprised with the high amount of small parts that build 1 bertone. everything is for sale if you know where to find it.

Edited by Pb2k

cheap addresses for new Alfa Bertone parts : i hope it helps you

http://www.arparts.nl/index_onderdelen.htm

http://www.autopartsbrummen.nl/site/

this week i am in sort of a shopping spree for my alfa..i put all other hobbies aside and just want to do this right. I am happy with the news that one of my neighbours kids has professional equipment to clean hardware. There is so much nice stuff to buy, I am surprised with the high amount of small parts that build 1 bertone. everything is for sale if you know where to find it.

Thanks mate. I've fired them both an email each asking for Alfetta GTV door handles. I will compile a list for the Bertone and send this as well.

Cheers!

I'm happy if it's of any help. Today I received my new "veerpootschotels" which rougly translates to the iron dishis that holds the suspension in place. it's awesome tough quality, bought them from autoparts brummen. It made me so happy I ordered a whole new window mechanism too. And scored a box with all kinds of 2nd hand rubbers for the alfa for € 30 :)

i did an offer on these wheels

Picture1.png

if you're looking for something special, let me know.

Edited by Pb2k

Hey you seem to find great bargains over there!! I'm ordering my engine rebuild parts from the US as it's cheapest over there.

Not sure about the wheels mate. It looks something that would come on Cortina or Capri. I would hold out until I could afford a set of these - GTAm replicas.

wh0233ln1.jpg

Hey you seem to find great bargains over there!! I'm ordering my engine rebuild parts from the US as it's cheapest over there.

Not sure about the wheels mate. It looks something that would come on Cortina or Capri. I would hold out until I could afford a set of these - GTAm replicas.

wh0233ln1.jpg

wh0233ln1.jpg

that is amazing :)

I finally got the car driving again. The 75TS starter engine is very strong. At first I thought I didn't bolt it right but it's just very loud. It's great to drive again, too bad fuel is at an alltime high here : 1.62€ a litre. I now consider it all a practical hobby to justify the costs.

Tomorrow I will get the wheels, and if I have time I can put new tires onto them the same day.

Next week I will fit the whole suspension , because I still haven't got the springs I ordered a few weeks ago. GTA rims cost about 1100€ a set at www.arparts.nl the wheels you like cost more :)

Ah so you are transplanting the Twin Spark 75 unit? Great mate. What do you think of that video I posted of Max Banks doing the Nurburgring in 8.22 in his TS engined GTA replica? Awesome don't you think? 8.22 in such an old car!

Btw a few months ago I found an ex Italia Embassy ALfa 90 in SL. I was trying to get the engine and box as a spare for my Alfetta. But that moron who had it had sold them for scrap. Can you believe it!!?

they are awesome cars and there seems to be a lot of replica's in japan :)

I like the functional minimalism, like the fueltank inside your trunk. shame you didn't catch that 90 in time.

I finally got my springs, they look and feel really tough, they will be fitted on saturday together with the Koni's and other small things like sparkplugs, window mechanism and rubbers. And the new wheels too. I am very curious about how it will drive afterwards. Also i bought some foam plates to reduce the noise inside the cabin, because it's really too loud now. The gearbox is annoyingly loud in 4th and 5th.

There is a nearly completely restored 1750 Mk1 for sale here for 4000 euro's. bargains are still abundant.

Wow nice replicas. The Jap boys are on the case too!!! How nice. I'm not sure there was a Mk 1 GTAm though. I think it was only Mk2 and based on the 1750 and 2000 GTVs.

Found a rotting 2000 Berlina in Colombo. It was pathetic looking at how badly it's been neglected, especially as it has a successful competition history in SL :( . As usual the owner is under the impression that it needs just a bit of attention :rolleyes: only!!!

berlina2000zm6.jpg

dsc00076lg9.jpg

dsc00075os3.jpg

dsc00078jj2.jpg

dang... wonder what he would consider as 'major restoration'??? Egyptian mummies, perhaps?

Heh heh yeah. He's crazy. That whitish stuff is cement believe it or not. Every panel, including the roof is coroded. He's left it out in the open for years. Even now the front end sticks out. Its one of the scariest and saddest scenes I've seen in a long time. Some people are so dumb!!!

Heh heh yeah. He's crazy. That whitish stuff is cement believe it or not. Every panel, including the roof is coroded. He's left it out in the open for years. Even now the front end sticks out. Its one of the scariest and saddest scenes I've seen in a long time. Some people are so dumb!!!

so whats on the cards for her? is she gonna be restored (not by the current owner, obviously :) )or junked?

this brings me to a question i've been wondering about lately, just how bad does a car have to be for it to be not a viable restoration, in an SL context anyway?

obviously countries like the UK have different views, since there is no shortage of interesting cars there, but when we look at it from our perspective (mostly the fact that out of the ordinary classics are few and far between), what kind of nick does it have to be in? for example, this particular car, will it make a viable restoration?

this brings me to a question i've been wondering about lately, just how bad does a car have to be for it to be not a viable restoration, in an SL context anyway?

obviously countries like the UK have different views, since there is no shortage of interesting cars there, but when we look at it from our perspective (mostly the fact that out of the ordinary classics are few and far between), what kind of nick does it have to be in? for example, this particular car, will it make a viable restoration?

Good question. There is no definite answer. If it's a 70's Italian car, the chances are that its totally corroded. Which means every panel will have to be turned out. Not just the outer ones but the inner ones too. For example on this car the firewall was visibly rusted. This can't be good for the structure at all. I dread to think about what is not visible. As I mentioned the roof and the C-pillars are rusted too.

It will take a very talented and patient tinker (Very rare breed) to turn out the body. Secondly the cost. Considering the amounts I've spent on my cars. I think the tikering only on this will cost 200k-250k. Then a good paint job will cost a minimum of 100k.

Then there's the small matter of replacing parts. This car has very similar mechanicals to my Giulia and so here are my estimates.

Engine rebuild - 150k inclusive of labour,

suspension - 100k,

gearbox - I have no idea,

Electricals - 25k

Interior - 50k

Then there'll many unforseen expenses (there'll be lots of liitle rubber bits here and there) and factor in your running up and down to the garages etc. Add it all up and it isn't a small figure. This is without the price of the car mind you. So unless you are totally crazy about this car it just ain't worth it. Being a 4 door boxy sedan it's hardly a sexy shape despite the sexy underpinings. i.e. 2.0 all alu twin weber 45 fed twin cam with 132bhp and lots of torque, 5 speed and discs all round.

Even in the UK this is not the most sort after unless it's going to be race prepared. Even then this car is too corroded.

The more sort after models will have remanufacturerd panels, so that your work is much simpler and you save many man hours which are v v expensive overseas.

All cars in this condition will be scrapped for parts in the UK unless its ultra rare and highly exotic. In SL the case is different as you have hardly any choice like you say.

So I'd say the body condition is what's most important. Mechanicals can always be sorted, but finding a good body shop is getting harder and harder each day.

In the UK many folk carry out the resto themselves and even then they burn more money than the market price of the car. They do it just coz they're passionate about it.

I met a guy outside an Italian Car show in the UK who had come in a pristine '73 911 RS replica(he took an ordinary 911 and made it look like that - quite tastefully done). He did his own restoration and it took him six years and 60,000 pounds. The market value for that car is probably a little more than half that!!

Good question. There is no definite answer. If it's a 70's Italian car, the chances are that its totally corroded. Which means every panel will have to be turned out. Not just the outer ones but the inner ones too. For example on this car the firewall was visibly rusted. This can't be good for the structure at all. I dread to think about what is not visible. As I mentioned the roof and the C-pillars are rusted too.

It will take a very talented and patient tinker (Very rare breed) to turn out the body. Secondly the cost. Considering the amounts I've spent on my cars. I think the tikering only on this will cost 200k-250k. Then a good paint job will cost a minimum of 100k.

Then there's the small matter of replacing parts. This car has very similar mechanicals to my Giulia and so here are my estimates.

Engine rebuild - 150k inclusive of labour,

suspension - 100k,

gearbox - I have no idea,

Electricals - 25k

Interior - 50k

Then there'll many unforseen expenses (there'll be lots of liitle rubber bits here and there) and factor in your running up and down to the garages etc. Add it all up and it isn't a small figure. This is without the price of the car mind you. So unless you are totally crazy about this car it just ain't worth it. Being a 4 door boxy sedan it's hardly a sexy shape despite the sexy underpinings. i.e. 2.0 all alu twin weber 45 fed twin cam with 132bhp and lots of torque, 5 speed and discs all round.

Even in the UK this is not the most sort after unless it's going to be race prepared. Even then this car is too corroded.

The more sort after models will have remanufacturerd panels, so that your work is much simpler and you save many man hours which are v v expensive overseas.

All cars in this condition will be scrapped for parts in the UK unless its ultra rare and highly exotic. In SL the case is different as you have hardly any choice like you say.

So I'd say the body condition is what's most important. Mechanicals can always be sorted, but finding a good body shop is getting harder and harder each day.

In the UK many folk carry out the resto themselves and even then they burn more money than the market price of the car. They do it just coz they're passionate about it.

I met a guy outside an Italian Car show in the UK who had come in a pristine '73 911 RS replica(he took an ordinary 911 and made it look like that - quite tastefully done). He did his own restoration and it took him six years and 60,000 pounds. The market value for that car is probably a little more than half that!!

I saw a really junked out fiat 500 in the fiat workshop been delivered by a customer for a full resto...

This Alfa is 100 times better in appearance compared to that 500 i saw...

It didn't have a motor...most of the body panels are fully corroded and the bonnet has been replaced by another one from another car...no seats...no dash etc etc...

But there's a fiat 500 lover somewhere willing to take this to the agents and get it full restored... I'm sure the cost will be phenominal

Sad to see this lovely alfa rotting away like this...it deserves a much better owner :(

So unless you are totally crazy about this car it just ain't worth it. Being a 4 door boxy sedan it's hardly a sexy shape despite the sexy underpinings. i.e. 2.0 all alu twin weber 45 fed twin cam with 132bhp and lots of torque, 5 speed and discs all round.

the underpinnings do indeed sound very sexy!, just as a matter of academic interest, is this car on the market by any chance?

i agree with the sentiments in the post, it all depends on rarity and condition even here..... as for decent tinkers, well i thought the guy who sorted my bug out did a decent job of it, of course im not hugely qualified to judge such things, but it did come out all right considering the nick it was in........

the main reason i asked was because of a certain somewhat interesting (american) vehicle that appeared in last weeks observer classifieds.... perhaps you noticed it?

I think the tikering only on this will cost 200k-250k. Then a good paint job will cost a minimum of 100k.

so you're saying it's possible to get the body finish upto factory specs?

cos I always wonder why on tv (stuff like pimp my ride) the body work is perfect. but most local restorations leave those little ripple marks...

I saw a really junked out fiat 500 in the fiat workshop been delivered by a customer for a full resto...

This Alfa is 100 times better in appearance compared to that 500 i saw...

It didn't have a motor...most of the body panels are fully corroded and the bonnet has been replaced by another one from another car...no seats...no dash etc etc...

But there's a fiat 500 lover somewhere willing to take this to the agents and get it full restored... I'm sure the cost will be phenominal

Sad to see this lovely alfa rotting away like this...it deserves a much better owner :(

Hey are you sure it's a 500 and not a 600?? If it is the 600 I know the car as the owner is a friend of mine. And I can tell you, that 600 IS in better shape than this Alfa. Hard to believe but true.

The 600 is a lot less complex than this car as well, both in terms of body and mechanicals. That little car had a very famous previous owner who is one of the best racing drivers of our country. That car also has massive racing history beating lots of bigger cars on our tracks. That's why my friend bought it even in that shape.

so you're saying it's possible to get the body finish upto factory specs?

cos I always wonder why on tv (stuff like pimp my ride) the body work is perfect. but most local restorations leave those little ripple marks...

Considering that it was built in the 70's and in Italy I'm sure you can exceed the factory quality :D !! There are lots of classic cars in SL that have been restored to better than factory standards. But as I said it not easy finding the right guys and they'll be very expensive.

the underpinnings do indeed sound very sexy!, just as a matter of academic interest, is this car on the market by any chance?

i agree with the sentiments in the post, it all depends on rarity and condition even here..... as for decent tinkers, well i thought the guy who sorted my bug out did a decent job of it, of course im not hugely qualified to judge such things, but it did come out all right considering the nick it was in........

the main reason i asked was because of a certain somewhat interesting (american) vehicle that appeared in last weeks observer classifieds.... perhaps you noticed it?

The guy is not decided. Or he wants a crazy price. Hard to read him. Keeps changing his talk. Anyway I'm not interested as I have a lot on my plate. But one of my pals is, at a right price. If he pulls out I'll inform you.

Well about the job on your Bug, I'm not sure how big the damage on it was. This car...........You more or less need an entire body (this is a monocoque) so you need the whole damn thing!!!

Are you refering to the 'Stang? If so please check the paper work on that car. I heard a rumour that it may not be all upto scratch.