• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Alfa Romeo

Pb2k

Hey are you sure it's a 500 and not a 600?? If it is the 600 I know the car as the owner is a friend of mine. And I can tell you, that 600 IS in better shape than this Alfa. Hard to believe but true.

The 600 is a lot less complex than this car as well, both in terms of body and mechanicals. That little car had a very famous previous owner who is one of the best racing drivers of our country. That car also has massive racing history beating lots of bigger cars on our tracks. That's why my friend bought it even in that shape.

It looked like the 500 and it was in very bad shape... The body panels were all rusted, no motor, no interior...bonnet was of something else... And i even spoke to the FIAT Snr. Supervisor/manager guy there and he said it was a 500 and they are trying to source pars from overseas for the project.

Top gear has rated the old 500 as all time world's sexiest car :)

It looked like the 500 and it was in very bad shape... The body panels were all rusted, no motor, no interior...bonnet was of something else... And i even spoke to the FIAT Snr. Supervisor/manager guy there and he said it was a 500 and they are trying to source pars from overseas for the project.

Fiat 500's are timeless classes beauties, and because of the amount of interest in the car, it should not be too difficult to source parts from overseas. There are a lot of 500 enthusiasts spread all over which probably helps,

Love to get my hands on one myself, but ones in good shape rarely come to the market, and when they do they cost and arm and a leg.

The guy is not decided. Or he wants a crazy price. Hard to read him. Keeps changing his talk. Anyway I'm not interested as I have a lot on my plate. But one of my pals is, at a right price. If he pulls out I'll inform you.

Well about the job on your Bug, I'm not sure how big the damage on it was. This car...........You more or less need an entire body (this is a monocoque) so you need the whole damn thing!!!

Are you refering to the 'Stang? If so please check the paper work on that car. I heard a rumour that it may not be all upto scratch.

yes i was talking about the stang actually, i heard the story as well but the papers were present and correct, any issue will likely crop up at transfer time i suppose.... but anyway that particular car is a 1979 and it doesnt even have a v8! so its a rather pointless exercise altogether..... on the other hand, just yesterday i came across something several miles more interesting, but THAT makes this alfa look like a very simple job!

Fiat 500's are timeless classes beauties, and because of the amount of interest in the car, it should not be too difficult to source parts from overseas. There are a lot of 500 enthusiasts spread all over which probably helps,

Love to get my hands on one myself, but ones in good shape rarely come to the market, and when they do they cost and arm and a leg.

FIAT will bring down the new fiat 500 also... it's much larger than the old one and even bigger than the Punto...

looks damn good :)

But i also do like the older 500 a lot :) very "flower powerish" :)

But finding one would be next to impossible here... I've seen only one in the FP motor show :(

Hmmm in that case I must check and see who it belongs to.

Yes TopGear did name the 500 as the sexiest car. I have never had the pleasure of driving one but all those who have rave about it, including Michael Schumacher who learned to drive in one!!

FIAT will bring down the new fiat 500 also... it's much larger than the old one and even bigger than the Punto...

looks damn good :)

But i also do like the older 500 a lot :) very "flower powerish" :)

But finding one would be next to impossible here... I've seen only one in the FP motor show :(

The new 500 is smaller than the Punto. It's based on the Panda platform. Yeah it seems like a rel winner with rave reviews and it has just won the European Car of the Year award among many others.

There's said to be a UK company that transplants a Ducati 999 engine into the rear of the old 500 :violent-smiley-030: with suitable upgrades of course!

It's not impossible to find one though. But good ones are rare. I have been 'offered' 500s and 600s occassionally. If you are interested let me know and I could inquire and get some leads.

I like the shape of the Berlina but I doubt if he will ever finish it. I spent a whole 2 hours in the traffic jams to Rotterdam this morning. Sitting there in the rain, and I could feel raindrops that got thru the window, somehow I wondered how a nice modern car would be. Then I got to work and spotted my red shiny car on the parkinglot and I changed my mind again :D

I just got a nice original Elma headlight for my car, old but still in the original box

2005233003743491476_rs.jpg

Because I had to work extra this weekend I didnt have time to put the suspension together, I hope to do that this weekend. Also I need to powdercoat my new wheels, shiny black.

Edited by Pb2k

The 600 is a lot less complex than this car as well, both in terms of body and mechanicals. That little car had a very famous previous owner who is one of the best racing drivers of our country. That car also has massive racing history beating lots of bigger cars on our tracks. That's why my friend bought it even in that shape.

GTAm, please tell me more about both the racing history of these two cars, the Berlina 2000 and the 600. Who raced them, the cars they beat, the tracks they ran on etc? I'd love to know.

The Carello's are hard to find, but a whole set of 4 just as good new lights is €165,00 thats without the rings (at 11,50 a piece)

Carello's for the rear are even more expensive at €91,40 a piece

I was stunned with the prices for door handles : 190 for 2

and i lost my K&N filters for the carburettors somewhere in the garage, they cost a small fortune too

I've seen a 2 litre engine for 550 bytheway

it's great everything is still available though !! Anything you buy will last long enough as the materials used are far better than alfa used in the 70's.

GTAm, please tell me more about both the racing history of these two cars, the Berlina 2000 and the 600. Who raced them, the cars they beat, the tracks they ran on etc? I'd love to know.

The 2000 Berlina was owned and raced by Deshan De Silva. Recently he told me how he beat a Renault Fuego Turbo and Isuzu Piazza Turbo to clinch 1st place at Mahagastota. He said there were other victories but we did not have time to discuss.

The 600 was owned by Bri who rocked the track at Katukurunda and Katunayake in this car. This I learned from the present owner who was young then and watched the car beating bigger machines. He bought the car coz he admired it so much in those days!

The 2000 Berlina was owned and raced by Deshan De Silva. Recently he told me how he beat a Renault Fuego Turbo and Isuzu Piazza Turbo to clinch 1st place at Mahagastota. He said there were other victories but we did not have time to discuss.

The 600 was owned by Bri who rocked the track at Katukurunda and Katunayake in this car. This I learned from the present owner who was young then and watched the car beating bigger machines. He bought the car coz he admired it so much in those days!

Thanks for the info GTAm.

Hopefully these cars can be restored in time for the next time they run the historics at the Mahagastotte Hill Climb, like they did for the 70th year. Rumour has it that they'll do it again for the 75th year anniversary, in 2009.

Thanks for the info GTAm.

Hopefully these cars can be restored in time for the next time they run the historics at the Mahagastotte Hill Climb, like they did for the 70th year. Rumour has it that they'll do it again for the 75th year anniversary, in 2009.

You're welcome.

The Fiat has a good chance of being restored by then but the Alfa ...... I doubt very very much :( . Btw were you there at the 70th?

• 1 month later...

Dayan, if you don't care too much about originality, like you shouldn't, THIS must be a fine inspiration :D

2ln6zuq.jpg

its street legal and it just sold for around 3k

what I like about this car is it high Fun factor :angry-smiley-048: a plain black alfa romeo gt bertone !

Edited by Pb2k

Hi Mich nice to see you back!

My Giulia is nearing body shop work. I think it will go to the painters in early Feb. How's your babe doing?

About this one.......urgghhh! it looks too vulgar for me I'm afraid. The max I'll do is take mine to GTAm spec. But then the original spec is more than capable of blowing similar aged cars into the weeds on our roads. So I don't think I'll mess with it much.

And I like to preserve the understated looks.

Btw way I went and saw the 3 rd Giula in SL. It is an ochre yellow junior. easily the most original Giulia here. It's a pre facelift step front 1300.

giulia1zm0.jpg

giulia2zv2.jpg

Hi Mich nice to see you back!

My Giulia is nearing body shop work. I think it will go to the painters in early Feb. How's your babe doing?

About this one.......urgghhh! it looks too vulgar for me I'm afraid. The max I'll do is take mine to GTAm spec. But then the original spec is more than capable of blowing similar aged cars into the weeds on our roads. So I don't think I'll mess with it much.

And I like to preserve the understated looks.

Btw way I went and saw the 3 rd Giula in SL. It is an ochre yellow junior. easily the most original Giulia here. It's a pre facelift step front 1300.

giulia1zm0.jpg

giulia2zv2.jpg

GTAm

seems like an interesting project bro...would love to see this in real life :)

166001962_5_PuLO.jpeg

it's in fine condition :D however the exhaust is becoming looser, so it sounds like a Volkswagen beetle at low revs, but near perfect at higher revs.. i'll have a look at it next sunday

Edited by Pb2k

166001962_5_PuLO.jpeg

it's in fine condition :D however the exhaust is becoming looser, so it sounds like a Volkswagen beetle at low revs, but near perfect at higher revs.. i'll have a look at it next sunday

Check if the carbs are out of balance. I know this VW Beetle sound very well :lol:

you mean it's not yours :rolleyes:

Heh heh you are right, It's not for me to say I'm a nice guy :lol: . That particular car is not mine, but I recently made friends with the owner...and he is a nice guy! And it's the 3rd surviving Giulia we know including my babe. Here are a few pics of her before she went into surgery.

pict0026editedxt6.jpg

pict0021sr3.jpg

pict0020kq7.jpg

Heh heh you are right, It's not for me to say I'm a nice guy :lol: . That particular car is not mine, but I recently made friends with the owner...and he is a nice guy! And it's the 3rd surviving Giulia we know including my babe. Here are a few pics of her before she went into surgery.

wow...is that 156 yours? :)

love the lines of that car...and apparently it handles bloody well too...never driven one :ninja:

would love to own one but i'm not knowledgeable enough on these cars to maintain one properly :action-smiley-060: