• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dilantha Malagamuwa Wins Title!

miniace

Dilantha Malagamuwa created motor racing history on Sunday, becoming the first Sri Lankan ever to win an overseas motor racing championship when he clinched the final two rounds of the 2006 Malaysian Super Car Championships at the Sepang international circuit in Malaysia.

Malagamuwa also created history by becoming the first foreigner to win the Malaysian motor racing plum, and achieved this rare feat by clinching the must-win two final races of the series which were held back-to-back on Saturday and Sunday.

Great Dilantha!!

dilanthawinbn8.jpg

Well done Dilantha. what a champ ! Its very refreshing to see Sri Lankans truly flying our flag with pride. I reckon what he does, in terms of promoting Lanka on the international scence, is truly admirable. I saw him race a Molser at Bathurst abt 2-3 yrs ago and thought he did a fantastic job then..

Keep up the good work.

This is an awesome achievement and hopefully, SLAS will do something to commemorate the occasion.

I think the car in the pics is his new Carrera Cup Asia car, the 997 chassis. He won the Malaysian Super Car Championship in his older Cup car, the 996 chassis if I am not mistaken.

RESULTS

1. Dilantha Malagamuwa (Porsche 996) - 24 min 02.905

2. Mok Weng Sun (Porsche GT3) - 24:10.761s

3. Chong Fu Seong (Mitsubishi Evo 8) - 24:19.554s

4. Ron Lim (Mazda RX7) - 24:31.475s

5. Chan Meng Poh (Mitsubishi Lancer) - 26:23.978s

CHAMPIONSHIP

1. Dilantha Malagamuwa (Porsche 996) - 135

2. Chong Fu Seong (Mitsubishi Evo 8) - 119

3. Ron Lim (Mazda RX7) - 84

4. Peter Hills (Mazda RX7) - 82

5. Chan Meng Poh (Mitsubishi Lancer) - 70

He won the Malaysian Super Car Championship in his older Cup car, the 996 chassis if I am not mistaken.

You are correct, Dilantha ran his old 996!

Edited by miniace

congratulations dilantha... i'm so proud of you sir....... may you have all the strength to win the up coming events... sri lanka keep shining like the morning sun..... :)

• 1 month later...

guys although we stop short at congratulating Dilantha Malagamuwa

- u know that he on otherhand keeps Sri Lankan motoring flying high by not only on the track but by even going to the extent of putting a link to Auto Lanka on His site http://www.dilantha.com !

Oh Yeah, thats very good of him. National minded to the max