• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hybrid axio EV mode not working

Shenon Abewardana

Question

Hi,

I own a Toyota Axio 2015 hybrid car.
Recently I have noticed that time to time EV mode stops working.

When this happens RPM meter always show value around 2-3, even when the accelerator is released & speed is less than 50 kmph.

Also when I accelerate the car & release the accelerator, the RPM value suddenly increase to 2-3 & does not come back to 0 value.
I have recently checked the hybrid battery and replaced the shells too and the scan doesn't show any errors too. 

What could be the issue?

1 answer to this question

On 12/26/2022 at 4:45 PM, Shenon Abewardana said:

Hi,

I own a Toyota Axio 2015 hybrid car.
Recently I have noticed that time to time EV mode stops working.

When this happens RPM meter always show value around 2-3, even when the accelerator is released & speed is less than 50 kmph.

Also when I accelerate the car & release the accelerator, the RPM value suddenly increase to 2-3 & does not come back to 0 value.
I have recently checked the hybrid battery and replaced the shells too and the scan doesn't show any errors too. 

What could be the issue?

Sorry...have no solution/response to your issue, however, I think it could be the other way around. Right now you say that the EV mode doesn't stay on and the engine revs up (thus placing the issue initially on the Hybrid system). It could be that your engine revs up for no reason and that causes the car to not stay in EV mode. As for why your engine revs up...hard to say without actually checking it..can be a sticky throttle body, a bad air sensor, leak in the air intake system, to fuel pressure issues, to a transmission issue.