• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How Good Is A Eg8 Vti?

VVTi

duhhh! u said eg standard does 130hp so why cant u with a little chippin increase 10 more an make it 140...

Basic EG8' vti comes with 130hp from the factory with a 2 stage vtec with lots of tunning potential & a lovely gear box. I

From the factory.. how can basic a car running 100,000kms+ fall into the same boat? And a 'little chipping' (dont know how you can do a little or a lot) does not increase a car's hp as its only better engine management. By the way 130 stock is some way off from what the engine really is. As we dont have a commercially available dyno here- I guess we'll have to forgive ignorance :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;);):P:PB)B)

Who ever who told you that is a d*ck who does not know sh*t! thats the biggest untrue ever lol

Lets not get carried away here :D 140-150hp dyno'ed on stock internals?? so much on bolt ons in an EG8?? yeah right. Preveen you were right about some of these Honda boys :)

Dude dont get me wrong.. but after doing all of this what do you plan on doing? Race someone?

yeah that fella is a dick and his opinion is taken with a pinch of salt. As for squeezing out all the Hp i can, its not about being better than the other guy, its all about having a great car that can perform well, considering the local road conditions. We dont have a road good enough even to test the max speed of a standard car. Apart from the drags. The last time I hit 165kmph was on the 100 foot road in Sooriyawewa and that was also risky coz of the buffalos. The effing SL cops dont have a clue as to what the real speed limits are, one day its 60, then its 50. I have been charged on the Elvitigala Mawatha once for going above 50 and then another time 70. SO who is right? Refused to pay the fine and went to courts and managed to get off both times as the cops contradicted themselves. Its actually 50 FYI.

Edited by VVTi

funny thin is, primera is claimed to have earlier demanded to race the DOHC boys instead of the SOHCs.

Whats funny about that? I am not too sure about the Prim in question but the QG and SR engines found in that model are DOHC engines. U didn't think DOHC and SOHC are somekinda indicator of speed, did ya? :lol:

We dont have a road good enough even to test the max speed of a standard car.

Yes we do. I manage to max out my car about twice a month to make sure its still in form :D

From the factory.. how can basic a car running 100,000kms+ fall into the same boat? And a 'little chipping' (dont know how you can do a little or a lot) does not increase a car's hp as its only better engine management. By the way 130 stock is some way off from what the engine really is. As we dont have a commercially available dyno here- I guess we'll have to forgive ignorance :D

oh c'mon man when i say chippin itz not just tuning your current rev range itz about increasing the cut-off too. u should know very well that the D15 only has to rev to 7200 to get 130hp, but chippin does allow it to rev even higher, say 8500 like in the case of Crash's car, don't u think that all those extra revs add at least 10hp.

so my estimate 140 = 130(AS CLAIMED BY U) + 10 (from extra revs)

Whats funny about that? I am not too sure about the Prim in question but the QG and SR engines found in that model are DOHC engines. U didn't think DOHC and SOHC are somekinda indicator of speed, did ya? :lol:

Yes we do. I manage to max out my car about twice a month to make sure its still in form :)

That guy(not me) had somehow thought DOHC and SOHC are somekinda indicator of speed and ahd wanted to drag the DOHC boys straight away but later found him self trailing behind SOHC boys.

oh c'mon man when i say chippin itz not just tuning your current rev range itz about increasing the cut-off too. u should know very well that the D15 only has to rev to 7200 to get 130hp, but chippin does allow it to rev even higher, say 8500 like in the case of Crash's car, don't u think that all those extra revs add at least 10hp.

HP graphs don't just keep going up dude, after a point they start coming down again. Hence the usage of "peak hp @ nnnnRPM". So just increasing the cutoff is never going to affect ur peak hp. Just gives u more range to play with tho so u don't need to change as often.

Now where did you hear that increasing revs on a D15 increases hp!!! :lol::D So no I dont think so!

And there is nothing for me to claim.. 130 is factory figure. Do you expect 100k+ motor to have the same factory ratings? :) And 130 is also at the crank only. Increasing even 2 hp takes a lot..and is a far far away from your 140-150 on 'stock internals' Who knows even if you starting with 130 in the first place! :)

Edited by Pericles

Fellas, I just got back after checking out a EG8 in Kotte opposite the Naga Viharaya. Sale wants 950, offers have come up to 885. Car is in about 65% condition as lots of loose panels and what not needs to be done. Doors are creaking and putting up resistance when trying to close. Also the engine is a VTEC-E and the sticker at the back say ETi. Whats the story there?

Edited by VVTi

can someone explain D15 engine comparing with wat ? :-(

Fellas, I just got back after checking out a EG8 in Kotte opposite the Naga Viharaya. Sale wants 950, offers have come up to 885. Car is in about 65% condition as lots of loose panels and what not needs to be done. Doors are creaking and putting up resistance when trying to close. Also the engine is a VTEC-E and the sticker at the back say ETi. Whats the story there?

hey if u upto power, den don't buy dat 'cause it has less power (94hp) though its fuel efficient, if u really into performance go 4 a SIR. i know dat SIR not fit for your budget :lol:

more info check this http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/honda/civic_ferio/1993_9/

Edited by Thusha

can someone explain D15 engine comparing with wat ? :-(

hey if u upto power, den don't buy dat 'cause it has less power (94hp) though its fuel efficient, if u really into performance go 4 a SIR. i know dat SIR not fit for your budget :lol:

Yes, seems that way, I guess I will have to save up a bit more and go for an EK3 bit later in life. Ha ha. THanks all for helping me. Guess its the 'ol reliable' for me till then. Anyone has any ideas how to crank up the horses in a 121????

is this a white one ?

is this a white one ? if it is I dont think it's a v-tec...

hey VVti why dont you give a call to Gaya.. he might fix you up with a good car.. here's the number 0714-251021

is this a white one ?

hey VVti why dont you give a call to Gaya.. he might fix you up with a good car.. here's the number 0714-251021

Thanks machang. Yes it is the white civic at Warren's sale. I will call the numbers given to me tomorrow. Initially when i started looking I thought I might be able to score a good condition Civic for around 10, but now looking around I am thinking that realsitically I should be looking at about 12-14. Thats steep fpr me. So like i said, will save a bit in the next few months and put in a bigger deposit. Thank you all very much for the help and the advise givem. Appreciate it very much.

so elvis u think all these tuned-iChips boys do the chipping and tuning to gain 2hp or so right? dont speak to me about 130 starting point so u brought it up in the 1st place my contribution was EXTRA 10 horses with intake mod+tuning.

@Praveen: yes i know increased revs not always necessirily trnslate into extra hp (for instance the K20 engine on the Civic Si maxes 197hp at 7800 but the cut off is at 8000) but however i think that increased revs in a D15 does infact increase hp... if not how the hell do you think a tuned D15 can beat CGT or even that Primera for that matter. (i know their intakes are enhanced and exhaust too, but tunning has itz say too)