• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Suggestion to buy between 6.0-6.5Mil | 2023

Hi All,

im looking to buy a vehcile in between 6Mil to 6.5Mil. Since i sell my vehicles every 3-4 years, what will be a best investment? 

I’m a bit fan of crossover and suvs so i checked

Sportage (petrol Awd)

Tucson ( petrol Awd)

Bmw X1

Rather than this any other options? Any prod and cons on above models? 

Futhermore, any other suggesttions you can suggest for? I already got an axio non hybrid too therefore im not thinking to buy the same axio non-hybrid. 

Really appreciate your expert knowledge and experiences to a rightful decision.

7 hours ago, iRage said:

Wouldn't a RE series CR-V fit the budget too ? RE was sold between 2006 - 2011, so obviously the early to mid year models...

is it a reliable vehicle? which version is good and fast moving? re2 or re4 ? my main reason to avoid was fuel consumption is super low in there. otherwise i love that suv too. but mostly 2011 model though ( new face ) 

Edited by Thilina Fonseka

7 hours ago, Thilina Fonseka said:

is it a reliable vehicle?

When new the vehicle did not have any significant flaws that or anything (other than the airbag recall of some vehicles). You are looking at cars that are 10 years or more older. Whether a car is reliable or not goes out the window as the reliability of it is now dependent on how well the car was taken care of by the previous owner/s. This applies to ANY car you buy used.

7 hours ago, Thilina Fonseka said:

avoid was fuel consumption is super low

With crossovers from the era, short of being diesel or Hybrid, you are not going to get fuel consumption figures similar to a 1.5L sedan. So cars like the SantaFe, XTrail, RAV4 will do around 7 (maybe 8 on a good day). We have had RAV4s and CRVs (1st,2nd, 3rd gens) and I have used XTrails and a SantaFe...out of which the CR-V was the more economical one with about 8 to 9 kmpl vs the 7ish of the others. If you are worried about fuel consumption, get a diesel. The newer ones are efficient with their downsized turbo charged engines but IMO that too is also not the best for a crossover.

The RE4 is the 2.4L AWD Japanese market variant. The RE2 is a 2.0L AWD export model variant. The RE4 being a JDM variant has a bit more bells and whistles than the RE2 and some interior features seem a bit more refined. The RE4 comes with a (DOHC) K24 engine whilst the RE2 has a (SOHC) R20 engine. The K24 again is a much more versatile, refined and powerful engine. The R20 is more suited for economical applications but in the CR-V (which has a heavy body), the fuel efficiency is not that great compared to the K24. You are looking at perhaps the R20 being 1kmpl or so more than the K24. But for 1kmpl lesser fuel consumption you get a lot more power and torque with the K24.

By new face if you are referring to the RM series one...well you need a lot more money than your existing budget.

• Thanks 1

On 4/24/2023 at 10:57 AM, iRage said:

When new the vehicle did not have any significant flaws that or anything (other than the airbag recall of some vehicles). You are looking at cars that are 10 years or more older. Whether a car is reliable or not goes out the window as the reliability of it is now dependent on how well the car was taken care of by the previous owner/s. This applies to ANY car you buy used.

With crossovers from the era, short of being diesel or Hybrid, you are not going to get fuel consumption figures similar to a 1.5L sedan. So cars like the SantaFe, XTrail, RAV4 will do around 7 (maybe 8 on a good day). We have had RAV4s and CRVs (1st,2nd, 3rd gens) and I have used XTrails and a SantaFe...out of which the CR-V was the more economical one with about 8 to 9 kmpl vs the 7ish of the others. If you are worried about fuel consumption, get a diesel. The newer ones are efficient with their downsized turbo charged engines but IMO that too is also not the best for a crossover.

The RE4 is the 2.4L AWD Japanese market variant. The RE2 is a 2.0L AWD export model variant. The RE4 being a JDM variant has a bit more bells and whistles than the RE2 and some interior features seem a bit more refined. The RE4 comes with a (DOHC) K24 engine whilst the RE2 has a (SOHC) R20 engine. The K24 again is a much more versatile, refined and powerful engine. The R20 is more suited for economical applications but in the CR-V (which has a heavy body), the fuel efficiency is not that great compared to the K24. You are looking at perhaps the R20 being 1kmpl or so more than the K24. But for 1kmpl lesser fuel consumption you get a lot more power and torque with the K24.

By new face if you are referring to the RM series one...well you need a lot more money than your existing budget.

Thanks @iRage for detailed post about crv. 

i was thinking what willbe good with resell value too. i will think about crv as well. 

5 hours ago, Thilina Fonseka said:

I was thinking the same. But space wise its bit lesser compared to other categories in suvs 

Space isn't much concern for me if it's maintainable. Getting mixed comments about X1.

Other what I have in mind is Harrier 240G

On 4/22/2023 at 6:48 AM, Thilina Fonseka said:

Sportage (petrol Awd)

Tucson ( petrol Awd)

Bmw X1

Very Little knowhow on the XI - Sportage and Tucson fairly okayish slightly thirsty machines. I've not owned but close friends have - and their experiences have been smooth. Newer koreans are much better made than the older (early 2000's) variants.