• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

All Access Pass

Lalithster

Thanks to my friends at Lacs Motorsports I was able to get an all access pass the Rolex 24 hours. They let me into the restricted pits and garages and all teams. Here are some pics

Rolex008.jpg

Rolex005.jpg

Rolex010.jpg

Rolex078.jpg

Rolex084.jpg

Rolex043.jpg

Rolex112.jpg

Rolex020.jpg

Rolex003.jpg

I have more if you guys want

Edited by Lalithster

Thanks to my friends at Lacs Motorsports I was able to get an all access pass the Rolex 24 hours. They let me into the restricted pits and garages and all teams. Here are some pics

Rolex008.jpg

Rolex005.jpg

Rolex010.jpg

Rolex078.jpg

Rolex084.jpg

Rolex043.jpg

Rolex112.jpg

Rolex020.jpg

Rolex003.jpg

I have more if you guys want

Hi

Cool pics man- Great one ...... ya some more pics would be nice,

2 Thumps up for Mazda RX 8 ( Mazda Speed) :)

Cheers

Lalith, the RSX, 350Z and the RX8 are Grand-Am Cup cars, right, as opposed to proper Rolex 24 Grand-Am cars? I like the Blackforest Motorsports Mustang. It looks particularly evil.

The Rolex 24 is a great race because like the Lemans it comprises of 3 or 4 diffrent classes. All the way from the Daytona Prototypes to the almost street leagal 4 cylinders. I tried to email that guy for an FTP password but got no reply. anyways here are some more. there were some really nice cars in the parking lot too.

Rolex068.jpg

Rolex035.jpg

Rolex030.jpg

Rolex033.jpg

Rolex021.jpg

Rolex011.jpg

more

Rolex070.jpg

Rolex013.jpg

Rolex026.jpg

Rolex050.jpg

Rolex002.jpg

Rolex001.jpg

The Rolex 24 is a great race because like the Lemans it comprises of 3 or 4 diffrent classes. All the way from the Daytona Prototypes to the almost street leagal 4 cylinders.

Actually, the Grand-Am Series and the Rolex 24 at Daytona only feature 2 classes - Daytona Prototypes and GT cars. The other support series, The Koni Challenge Series (Formerly known as Grand-Am Cup) features street-derived cars in several classes; the RX8, 350Z, 911 Cup are some of the popular ones.

I still prefer the ALMS, because it has more manufacturers, the emphasis is more on road-based cars and there is great action from great-looking cars. Grand-Am is very contrived racing, has relatively unattractive cars, more rich privateer drivers of average ability (except at Daytona) and has moved to virtual NASCAR-style tubeframe cars, which isn't surprising since the France family own both NASCAR and Grand-Am. One of the few good things that Grand-Am has is the legendary name 'Brumos Porsche'. :D

But still these are great pics, Lalith. Keep them coming.

Edited by KLM