• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan R&d

Zakie@TIC

Guys,

I'm expanding the scope of my ECU work from exclusively Honda and the first marque that I'm tackling is Nissan. I know AL has a strong community of Nissan enthusiasts and I'm hoping to tap into your collective expertise while I do my R&D work.

Some of the stuff I want to offer is re-programmed VVL points, custom fuel and timing maps, rev-limit changes, editing MAF limits (Boost Cut) etc. Like with Honda, these tuning jobs can focus on both performance/economy or one of those exclusively.

Since I've started this project I've been amazed to see how easy it is to do stuff to the Nissan ECUs, because when you are raised on a diet of 'Honda, Honda, Honda' its easy to lose sight of the fact that Nissan makes several worthy high-performance cars.

The P10 Primera, Fairlady and Skyline are pretty straightforward but some of the other, newer cars need an add-on board to accomodate the re-programmed chip. I've invested in custom Nissan tuning software and with some additional hardware on the way, I should be ready to roll here pretty soon. I'm looking forward to doing a few turbo Nissan projects so hopefully some of you guys are adventurous enough.

I'm also looking forward to your feedback and views, and want to hear your comments on the general Nissan performance scene. I've actually started working on a March and a GTi-R and I'm hoping to start work on a VZR, a P11 Primera and an FB14 pretty soon, so please let me know what you guys think.

I'm offering a free diagnostic check for one of each Nissan model in Sri Lanka so all you AL guys with Nissans, feel free to drop by when I get my hardware down this week.

Thanks,

Zakie

Well done Zakie- all the best on your new venture! The Nissan market is a lot larger than the Honda market as well- who knows maybe you can change local perception that Honda -is the only be all, low budget tuner car. Then again, maybe this year will be the year we see Nissan challenge the n/a Honda camps on the drag nights.

Hey Overdrive, actually there is a bit to extract off a stock ecu cos Nissan is known to be a lil bit conservative with there standard setup. for eg. if you've has noticed on a VE motor the cam changes around 6.8k and then hits the limiter just past 8k, see what I'm saying. As to power gain a ball park figure of about 12 horses more I guess, cant commit on HP nos w/o a dyno report.

Cheers

Yes that's the whole issue with the VZR... the cam change over kick's in at around 7k and cuts off at 8k...i wonder what the hell Nissan were thinking when they did that ECU....anyway mr Z is hoping to work on a certain VZR and Primera soon so watch out guys you may have some early VVL kicking and high reving Nissan' s hitting the streets.

Mr Z i hope they wont be faster than my EG...if they are i'm gonna kick your ass!!!! :0

Mr. Z!

its high time u start doing R&D on the Toyota's as well. there's a very eager volunteer to help u out with his toyota :D

looking forward to see some TIC tuned nissans on the drag strips and tracks for a change. well done!

alfaQ

CnB you're the fastest sohc but a well prep SR motor is going to be a bit too much for a sohc to handle, atleast the ones with common genes. Hey AlfaQ, Toyota's well.... not for the moment but you never know cos some other rides are also being developed at this stage and you guys will be informed at the right time.

Devinda

A stock VG30DE motor with a good intake / exhaust setup (don't mean branded) and a custom ecu remap with a bit more RPM should deliver about 15 to 20 more hp.

Guys, I just received the nissan diagnostic/rom reader stuff, need a day or two to familiarise with it and as promised will doit foc. I may do more than just one of a kind but keep me informed of the year and model and only by appointment.

Cheers

Anything Nissan and EFi can do. Hope its got the nissan consult (diag) port, its a 14pin dual in-line female socket usually found below the fuse box inside the car.

Dude I'll bring the Primera over- it needs to be sorted as well out as well. Need your help with the civic fuel issue. The Primera's got the diagnostic port so does the Xtrail if thats what Farzan is refering to.

Dude I'll bring the Primera over- it needs to be sorted as well out as well. Need your help with the civic fuel issue. The Primera's got the diagnostic port so does the Xtrail if thats what Farzan is refering to.

since when did u get a primera Pilawoos?

hi guys , it was really nice meeting most of you'll at the G2G.

however i thought i should share some of my experience with you'll.

My VZR used to about 7-8km/ltr in heavy traffic in colombo running ( about 8-9 months back)

Suddenly it dropped to about 6 - 6.5km/ltr . however i went to A*W & got it tuned about 3-4 months back & changed the petrol filter /air filter did a so called full tuneup ,

still there was no imporovement , however After ZACKIE started on nissans i took my car to him & told the problem, after two days of hard work he managed to find the problem,

it was a faulty O2 sencer, which doesnt get detected for the diagnosis check.

however with ZACKIE's new data logger manage to find the O2 sencer stuck around 30

i'll just show you a pic of the data logger for referance,

THUMBS UP FOR HIM

nissangz7.jpg

guys make sure when you are goin to the agents, whether they really know the subject

Edited by MRM

Well done Zckie,

and yes I guess its not really what equipment you have which is the defining factor, but its whether you know how to use them. Most scanners rely on the ECU throwing out an error code (which means the car is aware there is a problem, but in that case the check engine light should flash anyway) rather than being able to interpret the data thats been provided.

Which is why quite a few places with loads of equipment are really crap !.

Its kinda funny that Nissan's OBD doesn't seem to catch some of these faulty sensors, if it was a Honda the CEL would have popped up in a hurry. This gizmo has a lots of other features as well like map tracing, speed trials, ROM dump etc.