• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

@ 1000rpm Vehicle Is Not Move Forward

shehans

Question

Hi , My vehicle is Honda CIVIC EK3 (1999) Auto & Multimatic transmission : Recently I observed that when I start the vehicle(in D mode) in the morning @ 1000RPM vehicle is not move forward ,to move forward the vehicle I have to accelerate . When accelerate vehicle jumps .This not happens when the engine is HOT. Would appreciate if any can advice me on this problem.

Tks

Shehans

Edited by shehans

19 answers to this question

Hi , My vehicle is Honda CIVIC EK3 (1999) Auto & Multimatic transmission : Recently I observed that when I start the vehicle(in D mode) in the morning @ 1000RPM vehicle is not move forward ,to move forward the vehicle I have to accelerate . When accelerate vehicle jumps .This not happens when the engine is HOT. Would appreciate if any can advice me on this problem.

Tks

Shehans

hey i think ur idle Speed is very low, u should increase that (2Min job, Not a big thing), u Must Tune the car 4 Atleast 20000Km, hey if ur car jumps while Accelerating then there is a Major Problem in Air flows Senser or in gear box, better thing is go & get a company Report

Ok,

I am not an expert, and certainly not on automatic transmissions, never having owned one. But I can tell you this much.

The problem cannot be with your engine and most certainly with your gear box. Because it is in the transfer of power to the wheels your car seems to have a problem, because as you say when you race the car up the car does move, except it seems to jump a bit suddenly at 1000 rpm.

So it seems like a problem with your torque convertor or something within your automatic transmission which i must admit does have its own ecu and electronics so it could be a sensor etc.

But if you have described the problem accurately i do not think it could be a problem with any of the sensors within the engine such as air flow sensors and so forth.

I think it could be as simple an issue such as bad transmission fluid. As automatic transmission fluid loses viscosity it does disaplay symptoms like what you suggested, so if you haven't changed your automatic transmission fluid in a while then do so now, and use a service centre with a machine for the extraction of fluid and replace it, for its more effective, and use a good quality fluid within the manufacturer specification.

if the problem is still not fixed it would need a more professional diagnostic,

as i mentioned before i am not an expert, but i dont think no harm in trying my suggestions above,

The Don

hmm not to sure but I had a similar issue some time ago. Check the following:

Last time you cleaned your car intake & the relevant sensors

Last time you changed your auto fluid

Last time you changed your plugs

Last time you cleaned your injectors (the sudden kick in the engine speed can be due to blocked injectors which can be felt most on a cold engine under low fuel pressure)

Tks

Shehans

I am no expert on Hondas, but a friend of mine had the same problem, dude, you will have to check your Multimatic oil. If you have not changed it you will have to change it and no matter wht you do, DO NOT put anything but the Multimatic oil as normal Dex 3/4 will kill your g-box and you will have to fork out about 50k, best advise is take it to Stafford ASAP. FYI, my freind had to change th B-Box and it cost 65k on a 2000 VTi EK3.

I am no expert on Hondas, but a friend of mine had the same problem, dude, you will have to check your Multimatic oil. If you have not changed it you will have to change it and no matter wht you do, DO NOT put anything but the Multimatic oil as normal Dex 3/4 will kill your g-box and you will have to fork out about 50k, best advise is take it to Stafford ASAP. FYI, my freind had to change th B-Box and it cost 65k on a 2000 VTi EK3.

Thanks Guys, I think you are right......most of you advice me to change the transmission oil ,fist of all I will change the transmission oil and see the status but I changed the transmission oil recently( last August / runs only 10,000KM after that @ Stafford ) . Any way I think there is a color change its not pure dyed red . To be honest I don't have much knowledge about mechanism side of a motor vehicle …..Can any one tell me why this not happens when the engine is in the hot condition ( as I mentioned earlier I have this problem in the morning / when the engine is in cool condition ) .

Tks

Shehans

Edited by shehans

The Hot/Cold Temperature difference is mainly due to transference of heat when the engine has been run in.

As the boys have mentioned earlier- make sure you have your slushbox oils changed. I've also heard that Honda Automatics have a specific oil that needs to be used- so i suggest doing some research/asking around from other Honda owners. If my memory serves me correct, you can't change the oil at your corner-store service station; stafford should be able to answer your concerns.

Good luck

The Hot/Cold Temperature difference is mainly due to transference of heat when the engine has been run in.

As the boys have mentioned earlier- make sure you have your slushbox oils changed. I've also heard that Honda Automatics have a specific oil that needs to be used- so i suggest doing some research/asking around from other Honda owners. If my memory serves me correct, you can't change the oil at your corner-store service station; stafford should be able to answer your concerns.

Good luck

I agree with you, take the car, especially since its a CVT tranny to Stafford. My freind messed up by doing the oil change at a corner store service station and the car was not pulling at ll, hot or cold. Don't waste time and money, get it done by the Agents who know the car best.

Thanks Guys, I think you are right......most of you advice me to change the transmission oil ,fist of all I will change the transmission oil and see the status but I changed the transmission oil recently( last August / runs only 10,000KM after that @ Stafford ) . Any way I think there is a color change its not pure dyed red . To be honest I don't have much knowledge about mechanism side of a motor vehicle …..Can any one tell me why this not happens when the engine is in the hot condition ( as I mentioned earlier I have this problem in the morning / when the engine is in cool condition ) .

Tks

Shehans

hey if ur car done only 10k then no need 2 change Trans oil, company recomanded 2 change the oil every 40,000km... if the engine is in cool condition @ that time if Misk comes then u but better do a Company Tune up, dont go for cheap places,, they might spoil the engine

hey if ur car done only 10k then no need 2 change Trans oil, company recomanded 2 change the oil every 40,000km... if the engine is in cool condition @ that time if Misk comes then u but better do a Company Tune up, dont go for cheap places,, they might spoil the engine

I second that. There are so many places which offer tune ups for our cars, But i think its better do the tune ups for the factory and manufactrer standards. And you know who can do it better...

Hola,

Your argument relies on the fact that the Agents are aware of the so called factory standards.

Problem there is, they should be aware but i am sure you would have noticed by posts by other members where the agents have been clueless and even tried to replace parts like spark plugs with the wrong type.

Agents are aware of the models they sell. Most cars in sri lanka are imported re con.

But in this case I guess with the CVT gearbox oil etc is concerned i guess probably taking it to the agents for a diagnostic is a good idea, for don't want to mess up the gear box by using some Jhonny who has no understanding of the technology in those gear boxes,

The Don

Hola,

Your argument relies on the fact that the Agents are aware of the so called factory standards.

Problem there is, they should be aware but i am sure you would have noticed by posts by other members where the agents have been clueless and even tried to replace parts like spark plugs with the wrong type.

Agents are aware of the models they sell. Most cars in sri lanka are imported re con.

But in this case I guess with the CVT gearbox oil etc is concerned i guess probably taking it to the agents for a diagnostic is a good idea, for don't want to mess up the gear box by using some Jhonny who has no understanding of the technology in those gear boxes,

The Don

Don, its very hard to beleive the agents does not know to fix "some" problems. Arent those guys born and bred in Honda corperation?

Anyway i still dont like to take my car for tune up other than the agents. I dont like wen the other Honda tuner guys switch off some of the censors

40k on one change of CVT oil?? hmm I doubt that. But really I'd say dont waste your money trying to change the fluid again as its been just about 6 months since your last change and your millage is low as well. Just do the basic checkup I noted above, (you anyway how to do it to maintain the car) and then decide on your next move.

Don, its very hard to beleive the agents does not know to fix "some" problems. Arent those guys born and bred in Honda corperation?

Quote of the week!!!! :huh::D:D:(:P;)

Anyway i still dont like to take my car for tune up other than the agents. I dont like wen the other Honda tuner guys switch off some of the censors

You dont like what you dont know. Its natural ;) What would you define as a 'tune up'??

Well Hola a training course by Honda techs does not make you an expert in Honda technology. And as I said they are only trained on the models they sell, not the whole Honda product range.

I mean i took my Mitsubishi to the dealership in SL and they could not find part numbers nor anything for that car since it was a domestic model. that is the standard scenario.

I mean you go to dealierships over here in the UK, you have the same problems, anything that falls beyond their diagnostic equipment they dont have a clue.

Nobody switch off sensors man, and tuners tune to the customer requirement, they dont do anything you dont want them to do.

And Fuzzo, MRM, Me would all testify blind faith in the agent is something that you do at your perill :huh: though they do have their uses.

But hey its your car, its your money :D