• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Altezza/lexus Is200

Supra_Natural

Hi guys

one of my friends is looking to buy an Altezza/Is 200 and he wants to know what the price range is..... can anyone help? some guy who has one wants abt 3.8Mill for his...... i tht that was a little high..... is that correct?

Appreciate any input

Cheers

Hi guys

one of my friends is looking to buy an Altezza/Is 200 and he wants to know what the price range is..... can anyone help? some guy who has one wants abt 3.8Mill for his...... i tht that was a little high..... is that correct?

Appreciate any input

Cheers

About a year back, I was offered a silver one (HQ5021 or some similar number) for 2.2mil (Including VAT). This was when the Harriers were going at about 2.8 mil. So I presume a good Altezza should be around 3 million give or take.

It depends on how desperate each (buyer/seller) party gets as is the case of any uncommon car. The car is not easy to sell in the market on is it easy to locate one if you are looking for one.

I dropped the idea since the parts were not easily available in the market (Suspension etc and the Yamaha engine).

There are a few RS ones (Yamaha Engine again). You have to rev pretty high to get it to really move.

There was a G Reg car 5k series which was badly used. They replaced engines etc but never got it right. I don't know if anyone here can handle the proper repair of these engines.

About a year back, I was offered a silver one (HQ5021 or some similar number) for 2.2mil (Including VAT). This was when the Harriers were going at about 2.8 mil. So I presume a good Altezza should be around 3 million give or take.

It depends on how desperate each (buyer/seller) party gets as is the case of any uncommon car. The car is not easy to sell in the market on is it easy to locate one if you are looking for one.

I dropped the idea since the parts were not easily available in the market (Suspension etc and the Yamaha engine).

Thanks bro...... do you have any idea how many are here? and correct me if i'm wrong, but the yamaha engine was the four pot right? the 2.0 Six as available in the Uk Lexus IS 200? are there any of those here?

There are a few RS ones (Yamaha Engine again). You have to rev pretty high to get it to really move.

There was a G Reg car 5k series which was badly used. They replaced engines etc but never got it right. I don't know if anyone here can handle the proper repair of these engines.

I don't think its a complete Yamaha engine. Its the Toyota 3SGE engine which is normally 170bhp tuned to 210bhp by Yamaha.

You can get the Lexus IS200 version in Japan as well, its called AS200, but I don't think it comes with the Lexus equipment.

I was going to import a RS200 from Japan to the UK, but couldn't get insured on it.

The AS200 has a 6 cylinder 2.0 engine. Good for 160 bhp, but a cruiser from what i've read. A couple are here in SL, but as mentioned before, not many for sale. That would probably be worth around 3mill...depending on the plate number.

the RS200 is the cracker to have. Very few in SL, and very desirable from a tuning perspective. Being as none are up for sale, i suppose it'll command a higher price.

Not too sure about the part availability though....

a friend sold his about a year back i think... was an RS200 and i heard a LOT of good things about the car... well besides its annoying dashboard... will find out how much he sold it for...

and supra_natural both the IS200 and RS200 are available in SL... wouldn't recommend the IS200 though cos they're mostly automatic... but RWD :unsure:

a friend sold his about a year back i think... was an RS200 and i heard a LOT of good things about the car... well besides its annoying dashboard... will find out how much he sold it for...

and supra_natural both the IS200 and RS200 are available in SL... wouldn't recommend the IS200 though cos they're mostly automatic... but RWD :)

thanx machan, this pal of mine is going to put it to use as the day to day car.... so i guess the IS200 might be a better bet don't you think?

It'll be great if you can find out what he sold it for, (oddly enough, one of the things my friend loves about the thing is.... you guessed it, the dashboard!!! :unsure:) and also if there are ANY available now......

honestly, i don't want to trust the guy with an RS200 :angry:

Theres an Altezza down Kohuwela Rd, in a car sale. GX-xxxx, Triptonic i think, looks pretty good. Im not sure if its the Is or the Rs but the front lights were shaded, if that helps. They wanted 3.3M for it, checked it yesterday afternoon.

Theres an Altezza down Kohuwela Rd, in a car sale. GX-xxxx, Triptonic i think, looks pretty good. Im not sure if its the Is or the Rs but the front lights were shaded, if that helps. They wanted 3.3M for it, checked it yesterday afternoon.

Thanks Mona machan, I'll tell my bud to go check it out... it's in his area... is 3.3 the final figure?

I also checked this car out. Looks good at first glance, but its had some accident damage on the drivers side and the repair has been very sloppy.

1999 Model, 71k mileage. Auto (not tiptronic though). Interior is in very good condition. Tires are relatively new, 17" alloys are scuffed/curbed.

There's a odd vibration/sound in the interior when the car is running...not sure what it may be because the engine sounds fine...

Edited by gunat

I also checked this car out. Looks good at first glance, but its had some accident damage on the drivers side and the repair has been very sloppy.

1999 Model, 71k mileage. Auto (not tiptronic though). Interior is in very good condition. Tires are relatively new, 17" alloys are scuffed/curbed.

There's a odd vibration/sound in the interior when the car is running...not sure what it may be because the engine sounds fine...

Thanx bro...did u know if it was an IS or an RS btw?

Vibration? Could it have been from a Trim part? or was it mechanical? if it's messed up mechanically better not touch it.... :angry-smiley-024:

My bad about the triptronic, anyways ya the repairing shows a bit, plus the disc brakes are really rusty. I think i saw this car @ janitha's for some time, not quite sure if this was the one tho.

Thanx bro...did u know if it was an IS or an RS btw?

Vibration? Could it have been from a Trim part? or was it mechanical? if it's messed up mechanically better not touch it.... :angry-smiley-024:

Its definitely an AS200 (160 bhp 6 cylinder)- the RS has a completely different engine block and the Cam Cover is very different.

The vibration is mechanical IMO- either mounts, transmission or something like that. However, i'm no mechanic so i could be wrong. Given that this is a RWD car, perhaps i'm hearing the drivetrain or something...

BTW, apparently the price was jacked up recently...so i guess he's trying to make some bucks off this car.

Edited by gunat

Supra there is one for sale.. let me know if you intrested... its GX registerd.

Thanx Machan, can u give me ur no? and whats the asking?

Its definitely an AS200 (160 bhp 6 cylinder)- the RS has a completely different engine block and the Cam Cover is very different.

The vibration is mechanical IMO- either mounts, transmission or something like that. However, i'm no mechanic so i could be wrong. Given that this is a RWD car, perhaps i'm hearing the drivetrain or something...

BTW, apparently the price was jacked up recently...so i guess he's trying to make some bucks off this car.

yeah the RS is a 4 pot if i'm not mistaken.... jacked up eh? not really a suprise, but with the condition, i dunno if its gonna be VFM

ok a RS200 went up on the market

HA-xxxx 75K mileage , Black with é 17"s

Price : 3.95 Million

....the owner claims its one of only 2 cars - true?? :)

&yes the prices alround went up as a result of a further increase in import duty 0f 10%-15% B)

combined with imposition of the need for some special vehicle quality certification from the point of import,which is said to add 100k-250k per car on any new imports :huh:

supra sorry for not following this up sooner... slipped my mind...

twas an RS200 which he sold for 2.2mill about 1.5 years ago... such a fool don't you think?

Thanks Sharkster, D**N!!!!!!!!! 2.2 Mill!?!? :rolleyes: only wish that was the value now.... i gather u noticed devinda's post about the RS that's available...... Ay Ay Ay

Edited by Supra_Natural