• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sedan Under 2.mil ??

Buddhika M H

Question

well we are looking for a family car, registered , normal condition car probably under 2million. (17~20)

good fuel consm. will be also a high priority.

well i think these are choices;

Nissan N16

Toyota Carina

1.are there any more to consider ??

2.whats the normal price range for these cars including above two,

Corolla N121 (older ones) , Toyota vios.

3. what is the honda(probably civic?), (model and year) that would be under 2mil?

so es3 is about 25+ at AL classif.

what is the best when mainly considering fuel efficiency ?

Thanks. highly regarded all your comments.

• Answers 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

well as for the geely, i dont like the looks(but have they copied carrera GT headlights?)

Anyway we would like to go for a japanese reg. one.

I myself also think carina is the best option, but there is a little personal thing about Carina (not the car it self <_< )

How about Corona Premio's? (not the newest but at212 or something? ) how is there market

As for civics, are those LEV are always normaly avaible? and how about normal civic ek3 s? are they also acceptable in fuel.?

BTW i am not impressed by the normal civics face, but think those ViRS or Rs things looks good(like one in HOLA's image). so are they hard to find and do they much differ in price?

well it will be used in some not very good roads atleast once a week, so as one said N16 wouldnt be a much better option as it got suspension sys troubles no?

well it will be used in some not very good roads atleast once a week, so as one said N16 wouldnt be a much better option as it got suspension sys troubles no?

I have no idea with the price of a Premio, but I have been very impressed with the Premios ride recently. Milindu can elaborate, coz thats the car I'm talking about <_<

The Chinese say a lot of things but you need to take it with a pinch of salt, IMHO. They are far from Korean uqlity levels. The test in the motor mag seems to be a warning in a polite way. I would stay well clear and get a used Jap car.

Exactly... They don't have much in the way of integrity when it comes to selling things.... (Chery QQ/Daewoo Matiz for example) so I don't think they can be telling the whole story here either.....

a lot of ppl have said that we used to scorn the japs as well, when they got into carmaking, and look what they have achieved etc etc.... but I don't think the japs BLATANTLY COPIED a collection of other automobiles to make one now did they?

Come to think of it this geely BL, might have even been named thus so that the initials conjure up the brand that was synonymous for crapness the world over, the original, infamous BL - British Leyland......

maybe THATS what they want to be.....

Edited by Supra_Natural

I have no idea with the price of a Premio, but I have been very impressed with the Premios ride recently. Milindu can elaborate, coz thats the car I'm talking about :rolleyes:

If you are ref. to one of the diesel ones my brother runs around in....thats done quite close to 300k on the clock. The its got a better ride than the Allions and the New Premios.

You can go up to a good 1.8ltr H Regd car for under 1.75 to 1.8mil range.

I think its the looks that make buyers out of only 'those who know'.

If you are ref. to one of the diesel ones my brother runs around in....thats done quite close to 300k on the clock. The its got a better ride than the Allions and the New Premios.

You can go up to a good 1.8ltr H Regd car for under 1.75 to 1.8mil range.

I think its the looks that make buyers out of only 'those who know'.

I am indeed talking of the one ur bro runs around in. I was watching it closely from the the trailing van on the trip to Kandy, in addition to the rides. Just soaks up the bumps. Mind, no idea about the ride qualities once the speed picks up.

thanks for info on Corona. as it is same as carina in chassis and engine (as i think) does thats enough (or have no problems) for the extra bulk? (i asusme that its heavier than Carina, right?)

or does Corona only comes with 1.8L and 2.0L ? then would it be a pain on pocket to run? (i would like for some kmpl figures if any has :rolleyes: )

well what about the inside of Corona, is it same as Carina?

Edited by Buddhika M H

shak, what is the year of that es8?

what are actually differs in ViRS / normal EK3/ ES8 ?

EK3 is the normal old looking civic no?

not sure of the year dude... i'm guessing 2001 but i can check tomorrow...

and yes the EK3 is the older civic :rolleyes: the ES8 preceded the current civic running around... a normal 99/2000 EK3 EXi sells for around 1.5-1.6mill...

pilawoos will give you a better explanation of the ViRS

Attn; Pillawoos! you have an urgent matter to solve, with your mastermind :rolleyes:

hey Pila, what are actually different in ViRS and normal EK3 (is it the extra 25 hp?)

What is ES8 ? I found ES1-to-3 but no 8 on searching web images, so what is actually ES8 ?(differents between other ESs and ES8)

I saw there are some ES3 at AL classif. but they were 2.5mil+ so what is the pricew range of ES1 and wouldd i able to find one easy(are those available)

.... but I don't think the japs BLATANTLY COPIED a collection of other automobiles to make one now did they?

Actually they did a lot of copying. In the 70s when they were growing they copied American designs. Throughout they have been copying like crazy. All the 70s Jap cars have their Detroit equalents. Or at least many design cues.

It's said that the Japanese can't design big objects. Only small ones and details. That's why they copy and still their cars don't look good or look dated very fast.

Even today they copy. Just look at the all the Lexus LS models. They are copies of Merc S-classes of the previous generation. The 1st LS400 is like the W126, but nowhere as elegant, the next LS430 like the W140 etc etc.

Corona comes in 1.5l but the 1.8 is much nicer to drive. Even 1.8l does well one fuel (about 10 mixed cycle with a lot of city runnign when the car is tuned).

Personally..I haven't felt much of a difference between the Corona and the Carina except for the looks (Like the Allion and the new Premio). Most prefer the Carina over the Premio based on the looks and perception. Hence you can get a Premio in mint for a little less but the Carina is easier to sell.

Yeah those cars just soakup the bumps making them comfier than some of the European cars that come with stiff suspension as part of their rough road packages. Thats why all the freelance tourist drivers are all buying up the diesel versions (slightly messier to run as with any diesel) but very economical - As the one my bro drives.

Yeah those cars just soakup the bumps making them comfier than some of the European cars that come with stiff suspension as part of their rough road packages. Thats why all the freelance tourist drivers are all buying up the diesel versions (slightly messier to run as with any diesel) but very economical - As the one my bro drives.

Messy, yes but still fun to drive... Tho its diesel, it packs a punch. So does the 02' Premio. :rolleyes:

Messy, yes but still fun to drive... Tho its diesel, it packs a punch. So does the 02' Premio. :D

we're not biased@all in our views n opinions r we Monamonu! :):rolleyes:

but that old Premio is quite solid - Green Path time is a brisk 140kmph - that fairly quick for Diesel Auto dont ya say? :)

Have anybody seen Pilawoos??? :huh:

Pila, if your there please help me out on Civics.

what are differents in normal EK3 and ViRS

also differents in ES1 and ES8 ??

is ES8 a singapore made car??? it was very hard to find any info on ES8.

i saw a civic ES3 here for 2.5mil+ so what is the price range of ES8 or ES1 ?

BTW; Madz(admin), bro why dont we have the ability to PM, it comes very handy in most situations.

please consider this appeal.

where is Pilawoos ?

hope any guy who can answer these, will help,

1. what are differents in normal EK3 and ViRS

2. is ES8 a singapore made car??? it was very hard to find any info on ES8.

3. i saw a civic ES3 here for 2.5mil+ so what is the price range of ES8 or ES1 (Registered) ?

thanks.

Edited by Buddhika M H

where is Pilawoos ?

3. i saw a civic ES3 here for 2.5mil+ so what is the price range of ES8 or ES1 (Registered) ?

thanks.

hey machan dunno much abt honda's to comment on subtle differences in models so will leave those to the pro's

but from what i know NO cars where eve made in singapore - only used there - if at all a Honda was made else where it would be from India...

try calling this guy if ur looking for a ES1 - its an RS so should be quicker than most... 0718655788

where is Pilawoos ?

thanks.

ViRS comes with All 4 Disc Brakes and kinda kool front seat set oh and a standard lip kit, there r only 5 Manual ES8's in SL and as i know in S'pore market all MT car r gone :huh: bt ES8 fuel consumption is nt that gud around 8

We had a drag Race between MT ES8 & a EKT ( All Vtec ) when the ES8 shift to 2nd gear thar car disappears

Anyway i recomend to buy Toyota Carina S or Honda ES8

Edited by GihanFX

where is Pilawoos ?

thanks.

Sorry Dude for the late reply... was kindda wasted over the weekend (as usual :huh: )

1. When you say 'normal' I figure you mean Exi and not Vti as the Vti Ek3 has a few options common with the VIRS

ViRS & Vti have all 4 disk brakes/ Exi does not

ViRS and Vti Engines have different power ratings- about 2or 3 hp more for the ViRS

ViRS comes with a front sway bar which Vti's and Exi's dont have

ViRS suspension is stiffer & sits lower than the Vti and Exi which comes with higher softer setups

ViRS has an factory body kit and front grill together with chrome 15" original alloys/Exi's dont

ViRS interior trim comes with a matching leather gear knob/steering wheel and hand break shift together with a 'checker board' AC panel and the dash has a splash of red with the ViRS logo printed. Also the seats are half bucket that have a rough blue/black finish. Exi's have more somber interiors with less colors

Gotta get back to work.. I type more later.

well i am looking for family car, so good fuel cons. is a must.

so a normal civic es1 would be great. anyway ill call the guy.

btw wats his name(to call)?

and im looking for a under 2mil. so i think RS would be pricey?

is normal (reg) Civic ES1 are hard 2 find?

2.btw isnt corona (2000model) comes only 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0 no? (is there a 1.5L?)

is it a good idea to get a 1.6L+ sedan as fuel is going up and iam considering to sell it within 1year + ?

Thanks.

thanks for reply PILA, i think youcan get me some rough price ranges for ES1 and ES8.

BTW i saw a reg ES8 for 2.2mil on paper, wat about that!!!!(could be the condition :huh: )

Edited by Buddhika M H

thanks for reply PILA, i think youcan get me some rough price ranges for ES1 and ES8.

BTW i saw a reg ES8 for 2.2mil on paper, wat about that!!!!(could be the condition :huh: )

Dude, civic owners ask for crazy prices for their cars coz they know they can get it. There are enough other crazy ppl out there to buy them.

BTW i saw a reg ES8 for 2.2mil on paper, wat about that!!!!(could be the condition :D )

2.2 to 2.7 for normal Vti's based on registration and condition. RS's is close to 2.8ish.. really not worth it if you ask me..

ViRS comes with All 4 Disc Brakes and kinda kool front seat set oh and a standard lip kit, there r only 5 Manual ES8's in SL and as i know in S'pore market all MT car r gone :( bt ES8 fuel consumption is nt that gud around 8

We had a drag Race between MT ES8 & a EKT ( All Vtec ) when the ES8 shift to 2nd gear thar car disappears

no actually the ES RS will do a lot more than 8km a liter. I know a couple of owners who get a decent 10 off 'em at least.

who's cars were in this drag race?? what do you mean by 'EKT' :lol: