• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sedan Under 2.mil ??

Buddhika M H

Question

well we are looking for a family car, registered , normal condition car probably under 2million. (17~20)

good fuel consm. will be also a high priority.

well i think these are choices;

Nissan N16

Toyota Carina

1.are there any more to consider ??

2.whats the normal price range for these cars including above two,

Corolla N121 (older ones) , Toyota vios.

3. what is the honda(probably civic?), (model and year) that would be under 2mil?

so es3 is about 25+ at AL classif.

what is the best when mainly considering fuel efficiency ?

Thanks. highly regarded all your comments.

• Answers 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

well we are looking for a family car, registered , normal condition car probably under 2million. (17~20)

good fuel consm. will be also a high priority.

well i think these are choices;

Nissan N16

Toyota Carina

1.are there any more to consider ??

2.whats the normal price range for these cars including above two,

Corolla N121 (older ones) , Toyota vios.

3. what is the honda(probably civic?), (model and year) that would be under 2mil?

so es3 is about 25+ at AL classif.

what is the best when mainly considering fuel efficiency ?

Thanks. highly regarded all your comments.

Dude, as much as I am a Nissan fan, I never recommend Nissans for ppl whose priority is fuel efficiency. I think Toyota and Honda generally do better in this dept.

Friend of mine recently bought a Vios, but that was over 2.

However, I do believe the Primera should fall in that range. Ash? No need of Hyper-CVT, but a normal one.

Possibly a Familia? The Protoge like Velocity had? I'm just throwing names out, dunno about the consumption figures here.

Top 3 choices

1. Carina Ti/Si (GT parts are harder and more expensive)

2. Corona Premio (Great car - Lower second hand values that the Carina..may be due to the looks)

3. Mazda Familia (Unregd is about 22). You can get a K Reg car for 18/19

Other choices only if in superb condition

4. Nissan Sunny FN17 1300cc F/O B'new Regd

5. FB15/N16 - Suspension gives fast. Not too comfy and poor rear legroom. Sensors give probs as well.

If you can stretch your budget to 20-23

1. Corolla 120 (1.3 basic) The older models may be around 19/20.

2. Vios - Bit of a bumpy ride, fake leather is slippery/smelly, poor leg room.

Corolla 121 is now 24 and up - Full option 1500cc ones

1. Carina Ti/Si (GT parts are harder and more expensive)

-WHO SAYS?? its NOT that the parts are not avalable, @#@%$# CARS are not avalable WHEN I WANT TO BUY!!!! ERR!! you go to Toyata Lanka and see. and they will deliver to your office as guant said.

-------------------------------

Anyways milindu is rite, go for a Toyota Carina, you can easily go for a AT212 -99/2000 model i guess, if you want more fuel to be done, go for a Manual (but i heard that AUTO are not bad either), gud second hand market, CASH in hand deal..avalabiliy of parts, 3rd in the vehicle list after Benz/BMW :) other eeverything you are concerned about wotever it is IS GOOD too!

dont go for a 120/121 basic options 1.3 version, you cant sell it back, and it will suck!

- let us know wot you will be ended with, post the pictures.

Edited by Kim

is honda civics good on fuel??

btw what year of ek3 would be about 2.mil?

A 1996 EK3 is around 1.3 to 1.5max

A 2000 EK3 is around 1.6 to 1.95max.

If you see this sunday paper there is a white LEV model asking 19.75/=

It is good on fuel. Try to get a Civic with CVT transmission

Dude, as much as I am a Nissan fan, I never recommend Nissans for ppl whose priority is fuel efficiency. I think Toyota and Honda generally do better in this dept.

However, I do believe the Primera should fall in that range. Ash? No need of Hyper-CVT, but a normal one.

I second the Fuel issue of the Primera, But overall a great car. Can go for a good condition auto or manual in 15-18 range.

That new "Geeley" car has got features for a car that is brand new and below 2.0M. Tho the front n back ends r copies of other cars. If ur not looking for brand name or resale, u could look into this.

Are u kiddin??? not to be nasty or anything mate, but I wouldn't reccomend that to ANYONE!!!! (not @ 2 Mill anyway) had a good look around one recently (Didn't drive) and although it looks acceptable, and is VERY well equipped, it feels very flimsy...... maybe it's just prejudice, but it kinda has that "somethings gonna break in a month" feeling.....

and motor mag was supposed to have driven the thing and even THEY were struggling to say anything good about it..... which must be some kind of record!!

Are u kiddin??? not to be nasty or anything mate, but I wouldn't reccomend that to ANYONE!!!! (not @ 2 Mill anyway) had a good look around one recently (Didn't drive) and although it looks acceptable, and is VERY well equipped, it feels very flimsy...... maybe it's just prejudice, but it kinda has that "somethings gonna break in a month" feeling.....

and motor mag was supposed to have driven the thing and even THEY were struggling to say anything good about it..... which must be some kind of record!!

i said he could look into it, since its within the budget... Is this korean or chinese?

i said he could look into it, since its within the budget... Is this korean or chinese?

a Carina is an execellent choice all round!

but if ur willing to go in for a Korean car , why not a Brand New KIA RIO ? around 2mil i think... u'll get a company warrenty as well so if yyour not gonna sell the car for abt 3 yrs it seems like a decent buy

the GEELY is chinese machang...

n the agents r AB*NS - so if they're as rubbish in terms of after sales as they r with thier consumer devices , i'd stay well clear of é Geely, simply because of the Agents! :)

Sorry, didn't mean to come off sounding rude there (which I did)... apologies..... but honestly it's probably not a good idea..... maybe if they dropped to abou 1.5 mill, then yeah.... and also it might not have a second hand market nuh?

n the agents r AB*NS - so if they're as rubbish in terms of after sales as they r with thier consumer devices , i'd stay well clear of é Geely, simply because of the Agents! :huh:

I S

n the agents r AB*NS - so if they're as rubbish in terms of after sales as they r with thier consumer devices , i'd stay well clear of é Geely, simply because of the Agents! :angry:

I second that Notion - Bloody useless Plc & a bunch of As% Ho*%ls…

n the agents r AB*NS - so if they're as rubbish in terms of after sales as they r with thier consumer devices , i'd stay well clear of é Geely, simply because of the Agents! :angry:

I second that Notion - Bloody useless Plc & a bunch of As% Ho*%ls…

Anyway – what’s with all these Chinese cars ? I mean looks like U get them in any name U want….. Sure I agree on Chinese electronic stuff such as communication equipment, home appliances etc….. ahhh and not to mention the babes B) but CARS ? :blink: Are they safe ? How long will they last B 4 falling apart <_< etc….

n the agents r AB*NS - so if they're as rubbish in terms of after sales as they r with thier consumer devices , i'd stay well clear of é Geely, simply because of the Agents! <_<

The ads on MotorMag say Daewoo and a german collabo.

Check this out then

Geely Beauty Leopard (Geely BL) :angry:

Beauty my foot!!! thats gone n taken the few questionable bits of Supra styling n accentuated in to unbearable levels! :blink:

that mangled mess of BL is triggering my gag reflexes!

side on its got 1990's Celica GT4 overtones...the rear is all Supra - the other lines traced off a present gen. Celica

<_<

....but my word that thing is UGLY!...fine irony when u think abt the name eh?!

"ugly geely" ~ ""geely ugly" - Rhymes dont it! :huh:

Check this out then

Geely Beauty Leopard (Geely BL) <_<

Toyota fans.... Any comments... :blink:

AAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

Somebody's Mutated an Innocent Supra!!!!!! :angry:

Seriously tho, this kind of nonsense (chinese ripping off other manufacturers) must be stopped don't ya think?

I'd heard of this car, but this is the first time i'm seeing it.......

for Comparison purposes, here's a shot of the real thing :huh:

toyotasupraf3qavo5.th.jpg

no contest is it?

as in they collaborated WITH geely? or Geely itself is a collab?

Hang on.... Daewoo doesn't exist anymore do they?

Daewoo MOTORS doesnt exist in terms of a Brand, but most late Daewoo's were rebadged s Chevrolet as a result of a GM buying it over

the Daewoo group itself exists even though its in deep financial turmoil

as for the Geely collaboration theory- Geely its self is a fairly diversified group/holding co.

Geely had recruited Daewoo to help with design!! :blink: ....(out of all the car companies on earth! <_< )

they have an Italian connection in the form of Maggiora S.p.A with whom they tied up to to develop a particular model

the German link is a technical cooperation agreement with a co called Rucker i belive...

Geely how ever has bought rights from Toyota to license build some of their older 4Cyl power plants - i'm assuming the smaller ones which powered Daihatsu's

The ads on MotorMag say Daewoo and a german collabo.

The Chinese say a lot of things but you need to take it with a pinch of salt, IMHO. They are far from Korean uqlity levels. The test in the motor mag seems to be a warning in a polite way. I would stay well clear and get a used Jap car.