• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sedan Under 2.mil ??

Buddhika M H

Question

well we are looking for a family car, registered , normal condition car probably under 2million. (17~20)

good fuel consm. will be also a high priority.

well i think these are choices;

Nissan N16

Toyota Carina

1.are there any more to consider ??

2.whats the normal price range for these cars including above two,

Corolla N121 (older ones) , Toyota vios.

3. what is the honda(probably civic?), (model and year) that would be under 2mil?

so es3 is about 25+ at AL classif.

what is the best when mainly considering fuel efficiency ?

Thanks. highly regarded all your comments.

• Answers 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

oh cr*p, theres a problem at every end.

i think Corona 1.6L only came till 1999 after 2000 they only came 1.8L+

do you think its safe to get a 2000 Corona 1.8L car as fuel going up and resell values?

or a get 1999 corona 1.6L ??

Edited by Buddhika M H

Probably needs a tuneup (Fuel System clean) . Should do around 9km/pl after that min and about 14km/pl out.

Is he happy with the car? Any response?

he likes the car for itz refinement and comfort. (all that matters to families)

for performance and drving pleasure itz not the car. but itz a very reliable car.

oh bdw the car is in very good condition and has very low milage too and the engine sounds very new too. i dont think a tune up or fuel system cleanup is due. mind u for a relatively heavy 1.8L car with auto tranny 8km/l in traffic is not bad... he previously had a 1.5L carina ti A/T and it did 8+km/l in traffic too. u c non CVT A/T makes cars pretty thirsy in traffic. i personally know that the very model of my car wit m/T gets roughly 1-2km/l more in traffic.

Edited by isurujosh

a friend of mine has a 1.8L 2000YOM premio A/T. it does only 7-8km/L in traffic.

yeah its a crapy fuel efficency car

well i like Mitsubishi brand, i thought not to add another car to equation.

And its looking small from outside.

BTW whats bad on Lancer(evo7 + looklike ) fuel ,reliability?

i didnt know still there were carb models !! (does 1.5 also comes as carb ??:) )

Carina is off because our family dont like it because of a crazy reason. :P

Is Carina"s And Corona's interiors are same??

why not a brand new lancer? A manual is available at 2.6. If you can find something extra with a small loan it would be a great investment

But 1300cc ok?

i dont think to go for a 2.6mil. :o

What do you all think about,;

i think Corona 1.6L only came till 1999 after 2000 they only came 1.8L+

do you think its safe to get a 2000 Corona 1.8L car as fuel going up and resell values?

Dude, u keep dithering about in this trying to find faults in everything, u never gonna get any wheels at all. I hope ur not looking for excuses to cross off other cars in order to pick ur fave, coz in that case, u might as well save ur self the trouble and go with what u want. When I got my car, I knew about the negatives like poor fuel consumption and hard ride, but I decided I could live with it coz I like the car. U have plenty of info now, so make up ur mind! :) End of the day, public forum like this, ur gonna find someone to say something bad about every car u bring up.

And as for the Lancers, a friend in office uses one. Comes in that every day. Though I haven't spoken to him about specific issues in the car in particular, the fact that he comes in every day in that seems to mean its reliable, and he is a pretty quick driver too :) Same model as advertised in the classifieds. And them cars do not look small.

And BTW, if u follow Holas advise and look for a car the size of the lancer with a 1.3, then it WILL have crappy econo, coz the engine is too small for the car.

BTW, I heard 4 Gen 2s are on the market for 2.1 each. bodykited. manual. looks nice. no idea of the engine. Cant tell u where tho :P look around. Eh, Max? ;)

sorry ppl if i was a too much questioning

but at last im thinking to buy the Corona. as i said the problem remain what model/ year to buy. so can any1 help

i would like to know your opinons on

is its safe to get a 2000 Corona 1.8L car

as fuel going up ( & considering resell values)

Thankyou

Edited by Buddhika M H

ahh, u don't need to apologise man, u haven't done anything wrong :) Just saying.

and don't bother with the fuel prices coz of capacity. Only thing u need is how far the fuel will get u (kmpl). If the two cars are similar enough (and I suspect they will be despite the capacity difference), just go for the newer one.

but at last im thinking to buy the Corona. as i said the problem remain what model/ year to buy. so can any1 help

i would like to know your opinons on

is its safe to get a 2000 Corona 1.8L car

as fuel going up ( & considering resell values)

Thankyou

Can you buy a decent Corona in your range? I doubt,Plus i dont think it will do good on fuel

In post71 milindu said

"....I was told The Premio comes 1.5/ 1.6/1.8 and 2.0. All the models do very well on fuel. English No cars in good condition should be 1.6-1.8M. Owners might ask more but its not easy to sell...."

so it is reachable for me.

anyway now is the time for search for some coronas (1.6 or 1.8) if any1 knows please tell

BTW now my browser cant quote post, it says me to log (i am already logged) but then says my password is incorrect. !!

Can you buy a decent Corona in your range? I doubt,Plus i dont think it will do good on fuel

my friend bought YOM2000 premio(corona?) for 1.75 mn or so few months back... that car was in best of shapes you could imagine of. itz a very good family car but dont forget in traffic u get 7-8km/L if u get an auto tranny... datz it. high time u made up ur mind buddhika.

Hi,

One of my friend recently had the same kind of budget, it's around 1.7~1.8 like, N16 was his 'easy' option while he was getting enough negative feedback from most of his freinds. He's going to make up his mind and settle with it.

As some said here, no car comes out of the factory without problems, even a good reputed car can be screwed up by the previous owner and problems could be there, so you cant find it from a test drive.

You have options up here, my personal taste is for a Honda or a Toyota, if you stick to your good FC criteria.

Good luck !

actually im living away from Colombo, we have little traffic.

although we r traveling to Colombo regularly.

BTW which model gives only "7-8km/L" (i mean 1.6L or 1.8L??? or both are they same :D ?? )

Its probably both models. And thick traffic means travelling 10-12km in 45min to an hour. So I guess its fair and comparable with similar auto cars. Mazda 323 etc. Mixed cycles should get you at least 10.

not to hijack the thread :D

i'm also in the hunt for a sedan...but i'm trying for a recon with slightly inflated budget than our friend buddhika...

After reading many threads here... i've decide on a corolla or maybe a mazda... prefer the corrolla since i'm a bit biased to that brand for it's sheer ruggedness or at least what i think it is to be :)

Most C sales seems to be having Allsions and the Corollas are all graded with pretty nifty price gaps.

I'm new to the car scene(biker) :) so all these X grade and G grade sounds pretty weird to me though i can pretty much figure out it has to do with options etc :o

What is in your opinion the price range for a Corolla...not too fancy but a basic scene...

All the sales fellows are confusing me with these "G" "X" stuff and not knowing the subject doesn't really help in bargaining :o

ideas??

How is Lancer CS series? what's the diff between the CS 1 & 3, & the market value???

BTW, sorry to tell u guys this but current price ups and some financial problems made me to think that i will be buying a car some time later.:angry-smiley-048:

Anywqay thanks all you guys who helped me along this, dont think your opinions were on vain. :mellow:

And RiPPER youre not hijacking the thread,(or its ok to hijack this now;) )

Nice to see this thread is keep going.

BTW are u (ripper) looking for a registered or a unreg??

BTW, sorry to tell u guys this but current price ups and some financial problems made me to think that i will be buying a car some time later.:(

Anywqay thanks all you guys who helped me along this, dont think your opinions were on vain. ;)

And RiPPER youre not hijacking the thread,(or its ok to hijack this now;) )

Nice to see this thread is keep going.

BTW are u (ripper) looking for a registered or a unreg??

Too bad you aint buying one now. But think twice as the prices are going up further, so better buy what you can now and later upgrade it? Just a opinion

Too bad you aint buying one now. But think twice as the prices are going up further, so better buy what you can now and later upgrade it? Just a opinion

i'm with Hola - now is the time to buy!!

spoke to some a used car dealer today n they said minmum 100,000 ~300,000 per vehicle increase on un-registered cars newly imported cuz this fitness certificate from the point of export business.. :(

well i have a AE110 "L", wont there prices will also increase?

and when will you think these price ups effect would come into registared cars??

Also if i wait a little there is a possibility i could go for a Carina (but price increase would deside that too :) )

Edited by Buddhika M H

well i have a AE110 "L", wont there prices will also increase?

and when will you think these price ups effect would come into registared cars??

Also if i wait a little there is a possibility i could go for a Carina (but price increase would deside that too :P )

any opinion???? :angry::huh::(

any opinion???? :angry::huh::(

Every time your car goes up by 50k, the new car you are buying will go up by 75-100k. More if you are buying an unregd. car.

AE110 is a good car. By upgrading to a Corona/ Carina you will be getting a better ride and more space.

If thats what you are looking for buy now or be prepared to pay a little more later.