• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Beat (any Reviews?)

Hola

Dear All,

Have any one of you used a Honda Beat before? Its a 650cc convertaible which came through 1991-1996. Major disadvantage is that it does not have power steeering. Here is the complete spec of it. http://members.lycos.nl/hendrik/beat/specs.htm

250pxhondabeat20pb.jpg

A friend of mine got an offer for 750/= for a 18 dash one. 1s owner. Do you think its worth it? Do you guys have any experience of this car or any reviews? As always type in your valauble feed back.

Hola

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

but i'm yet to see one in decent condition.. the ones i have seen a quite hacked

yeah ur right...every single Beat on the road looks like its had a hard life-always in tatters :huh: but given its midship layout should be a very chuckable car - but @64BHP & power:Wight @ 0.08 isnt really much oomph :(

i dont think its a car worth having- 2 seater with no proper roof is a lot of compromising for something that isnt essentially a true performance car even... :lol: price is too high-ish

also given that the car looks like an unsightly stubby disproportioned midget!

:D

your friend is better off with a CRX i'd recon..

A friend of mine got an offer for 750/= for a 18 dash one. 1s owner. Do you think its worth it? Do you guys have any experience of this car or any reviews? As always type in your valauble feed back.

Hola

Hi Hola,

Machan is it about the yellow colour 18- for sale in Katunayake ?? That car is a big NO!!

MINIACE

0009018300dr.jpg

Miniace, you said you have used a Honda beat in the past too right? Is it this car in Katu? The car is not that good condtion but i think a paint touch up, seat covers,a change of wheels will do the magic. With those in mind will 650 be worth? The paint job will be around 10k

The car is not that good condtion but i think a paint touch up, seat covers,a change of wheels will do the magic. With those in mind will 650 be worth? The paint job will be around 10k

hola how on earth u gonna get a paint job done for 10k ??? :huh: its a small car true enough but dont u think it'll@least cost 40k ??

also the wheels will set u back abt 50k for branded tires & decent alloys 13"

but its not such a good car worth spending cash on :lol:

IMHO u should find yourseld an AE86 COROLLA Hatch back / Sprinter TRUENO from the late 1980's

if u can find a decent one for abt 5 Lks can put in a reworked 4A-GE 1600cc EFI engine & you've got yourself a lightning quick , Rear wheel reliable & very practicle motor!

:D

Hi Devinda,

The paint job is needed only on the bonnet and near the fuel pumping area. Not that bad and there was a friend of ours who does painting on automobiles and he said 10k will be enough. The tyres in the car is good, a alloy would do. I reckon a 13" alloy would be around 24k. Changing alloys into 14" or higher will make the car look better but the car will not withstand any more vibrations with lesser rubber.

I think the engine in this is one of a kind for Honda

Miniace, you said you have used a Honda beat in the past too right? Is it this car in Katu? The car is not that good condtion but i think a paint touch up, seat covers,a change of wheels will do the magic. With those in mind will 650 be worth? The paint job will be around 10k

Yeah machan thats the car! I owned it few years back....(when I was single :lol: ) .The car is lot changed now.That dashboard crack was there then.I dont know who put the ugly big exhaust there...that needs to be removed soon..not maching at all!

I had spares problem then...thats one reason I sold it.. I heard Honda Active parts are lot similar but Im not really sure of it .Very economical and good power she has! If the engine is good and if spares available,at 650K its going to be a good buy I guess!

Machan I had lots of sweet memories with her :huh:

MINIACE

Dear Milindu,

Some say the Honda Buddy van parts can be used for this car. I hope so. Miniace said he had issues in finding some parts when he used this back in his "younger single" days.

Miniace, thank you for the chat about this car yesterday. You are right about buying what you want and not regreting what you lose. But from Porkster to Dinosh it has been all negativeness....

You are right about buying what you want and not regreting what you lose

if your adamant to but a BEAT why not look around n see if what the other cars on the market are like...?

i jus came across an ad a few weeks old - try calling this no n see if the vehicle is still available

its a *********************************

Edited by sharkster

if your adamant to but a BEAT why not look around n see if what the other cars on the market are like...?

i jus came across an ad a few weeks old - try calling this no n see if the vehicle is still available

its a ***************************************

thats sold already, i knew that number. Thanks!

Edited by sharkster

IMHO u should find yourseld an AE86 COROLLA Hatch back / Sprinter TRUENO from the late 1980's

if u can find a decent one for abt 5 Lks can put in a reworked 4A-GE 1600cc EFI engine & you've got yourself a lightning quick , Rear wheel reliable & very practicle motor!

:huh:

and when was the last time you saw one of Those in SL??? my bet would be that a genuine AE86 (Not the AE85, but the "proper" spec) would be rarer than even that 540i

there was an ae86 red color that went for around 250K about 6 months back...

ahh..... I take that back.... but machan are you sure it was an AE86? the AE85 spec was essentially the same car (externally identical) but with an inferior rear suspension setup.....

i hate to sound Juvenile...but do u race INTIAL_D on é Sega Rosso@Excel world

.........which ever way i ask that question i realize i'm gonna come off looking like a brat.... :$

nah, you just sound like a guy with a lot of time on his hands :huh: but seriously mate, nothin to be ashamed of, INITIAL_D Rocks!!!

i hate to sound Juvenile...but do u race INTIAL_D on é Sega Rosso@Excel world

.........which ever way i ask that question i realize i'm gonna come off looking like a brat.... :$

Why, u wanna put in a round ? :ninja::alc: Had three straight wins before a guy working there challenged me and beat me. Close up to the last corner too :rolleyes: