• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mustang Sighted...

ash

oh i dunno ripper, seems startlingly close from most angles.... if he had paid more attention to the grille it would have been even closer i guess

well the roof looks different...the mustang's a bit more curvy...the bonnet lines are different and so is the edge of the bonnet... the shape is different

though the grill, bumper and the front resembles the 500 it's way off the map in proportions...

the front engine bay area is lot shorter proportionately than the original...

won't even get into the side view and back :)

it's a good attempt but nothing close to the true mustang lines :)

173_0308_7z1967_Ford_Mustang_Eleano.jpg

1967fordmustangeleanorf.jpg

1967fordmustangeleanorr.jpg

1967_Ford_MustangFastbackEleanor1.jpg

mufp_0606_32_zford_mustang_clone_ca.jpg

mufp_0606_33_zford_mustang_clone_ca.jpg

wallpaper-mustang-eleanor.jpg

Edited by Ripper

if i wasn't such a big fan of the the original...probably they might look simillar.

since i'm not...no i don't think it's "great work"... i'm sure lotsa folks can see the base car this replica was build on more than the mustang it's supposed to be looking like...

sorry for a nitpicker :) what can i say... i love the original design :)

Nice effort I guess, but the result doesn't capture the grace and beauty of the original.

I don't get it.. if someone is going to do a replica why not do it right.. why go so far and fail at the details.

If it was me, and I had money, time, and a garage at my disposal, I would have restored that corolla to its original state.

THAT would have been cooler.

Why mangle a corolla to make it look like a lesser car?

Edited by Saturn

Guys,

Just today I had a Mustang Bullit (2001) model in my Garage having rear brake pads replaced and the head lights set up. The car sounds great and the engine is very powerful but the suspension is not really for British roads, rigid back axle, no indipendant suspension and the basic layout of the rear axle reminded me of a 1970's Ford cortina! I have worked on this car before and felt the build quality left a lot to be desired too. Still each to their own, I prefer the European cars with much higher quality suspension etc.

Maithri.

Edited by maithri

peri macho r there any .... never saw in my whole life a mustang drive me by in SL .... then may be i'm unlucky

There are one or two around, yes... although they would be unlikely to err, "drive by you" on an average day.