• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mustang Sighted...

ash

Was parked with a flat.... :)

Looked for the guy, but couldn’t find.

Has done a lot of work to get it to that state. Paint job was not that good. Already started bubbling. Interior was not finished yet. Overall... not bad. Hats off for the effort. :huh:

dsc001529th.jpg

dsc001542qs.jpg

dsc001536hj.jpg

dsc001517xp.jpg

When I first heard about this guy, I thought he was totally barking...... a mustang from a corolla?????

but after seeing it have to agree with ash, hats off for the effort, it looks well planned and executed..... if he had bigger wheels, it would look even better..... btw, I know that there was a 2-door version of this generation of corolla... are there any here? that would probably have made the coversion more realistic looking....

hmmmm... ash's car looking guddd!!! how much u had to pay for it man?

ma car??? Where??? :huh:

Talk abt the Mustang.... I was late for some thing. But couldn't resist. :) Stopped & took a pic.

When I first heard about this guy, I thought he was totally barking...... a mustang from a corolla?????

but after seeing it have to agree with ash, hats off for the effort, it looks well planned and executed..... if he had bigger wheels, it would look even better..... btw, I know that there was a 2-door version of this generation of corolla... are there any here? that would probably have made the coversion more realistic looking....

yup there are a few - there's a ***************************************

this bloke shoud add r rear skirt cu the side on view of the tail quarter is a give away...

Edited by sharkster

Hey, Its Elanor! Cool.

Yea.. That guy was maintainig a nice blog about this car and the conversion.. I was keeping an eye of it quite frequently those days but i`ve lost the link and coudnt locate the site after that.. :D

Nice to see the Car after completion.. Good work indeed.. :huh: Hope this Elanator guy will drop in to this thread by anychance..

Hey, if any one of u have the link to that "Elanator" site can u pls put it here..? :-)

this bloke shoud add r rear skirt cu the side on view of the tail quarter is a give away...

Very true... I took this photo in standing position. But if you go back or in a seated position in a car behind the Eleanor, the rear end looks bit too naked, and it definitely needs a bigger set of alloys...

@ Mr Cat

http://eleanor.portal5ive.com/

Edited by ash

Yea.. That guy was maintainig a nice blog about this car and the conversion.. I was keeping an eye of it quite frequently those days but i`ve lost the link and coudnt locate the site after that.. :D

Nice to see the Car after completion.. Good work indeed.. :huh: Hope this Elanator guy will drop in to this thread by anychance..

Hey, if any one of u have the link to that "Elanator" site can u pls put it here..? :-)

I saw a old Corolla mark two (I think) two door on the Kandy - Colombo road just past Kajugama at a sale

i am seriously amazed at this guys talent and the amount of enthusiasm displayed until last.

:D

seriously has done a better job than most body kit guys out there.

we should get this chap on the forum.

Think of hiring him as an adviser to acco??? j/k lol :huh:

i am seriously amazed at this guys talent and the amount of enthusiasm displayed until last.

:D

seriously has done a better job than most body kit guys out there.

we should get this chap on the forum.

Yea.. Those scoops on the back door are aint no fiber or plastic.. As i have seen on his site, those are jus made out of steel shaped and welded.. And the hood is also pure stell, they hav extended it by welding a seperate part to the end of the original hood.. Some hard work with steel and welding indeed... :huh:

A more mustang lookin set of tail lights would hav been really nice ei..?

• 1 year later...
Yeah, saw it myself this morning, though it does state that its a Mustang replica...

Link _ http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=6229

I'd say the asking prices is way too low for a GT500... something fishy going on there ;)

hats off for his effort but to me it doesn't look much like a mustang...

my personal favorites are the boss series and the eleanors... like the boss a bit more than that latter :P

How about taking one of those existing ford MKIII cortina or something and overhaulin it properly... like Chip Foose do them in that TV show :)

Yeah, saw it myself this morning, though it does state that its a Mustang replica...

Link _ http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=6229

I'd say the asking prices is way too low for a GT500... something fishy going on there ;)

its a locally made replica. at the beginning i was quite enthusiastic to see how this turned out, but on the final product only the face replicates a GT500 :( So IMO 500,000 is too much for this.

if u compare these two.... i would also say thats a great work... he should pay more attention to rear ...

ooik5.jpg

ooik5.e30d10d0d8.jpg

if i wasn't such a big fan of the the original...probably they might look simillar.

since i'm not...no i don't think it's "great work"... i'm sure lotsa folks can see the base car this replica was build on more than the mustang it's supposed to be looking like...

sorry for a nitpicker :) what can i say... i love the original design :)

if i wasn't such a big fan of the the original...probably they might look simillar.

since i'm not...no i don't think it's "great work"... i'm sure lotsa folks can see the base car this replica was build on more than the mustang it's supposed to be looking like...

sorry for a nitpicker :) what can i say... i love the original design :)

oh i dunno ripper, seems startlingly close from most angles.... if he had paid more attention to the grille it would have been even closer i guess