• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pimped My 8

Velocity

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Dimma! BTW, the RX looks fabulous. I still haven't seen it in the flesh since you bought it...!

Funny enough, i saw a KC plate Blue 8 with white stripes down the centre this morning on my drive to work. Was at the Keells Super @ Mt.Lavina Junction. Looks like a Viper GTR from a distance!

yeah the car is in Sirimal uyana Ratmalana... if i'm not mistaken its triptronic - wanted to exchange with é ZX (+cash of course :) )

i didnt think "wankle" could pull off Skunk Stripes but it actually looked presentable! :D

I hear what you're saying- but, if you look at most other operations, none come close in terms of giving a decent overall package. Each step of the way, the guys checked in with me- without being patronising. As far professionalism goes, they're in my top 3...and as far as i'm concerned, in Sri Lanka, very few businesses make the mark. Most treat customers like crap.

I would recommend them for cars with older paints/repainted. But for brand new paint jobs (such as Velocity's) i would think that can be done at home with a good wax....

service wise your right - no complains

what i meant was in terms of knowing what to do,they gave off a vibe which suggested they were groping in the dark...anyways they're careful , for the most part

but i'll second Gunat's suggestion to wax n buff it at home - why trust any1else&risk heart ache n swirl marks!

yeah the car is in Sirimal uyana Ratmalana... if i'm not mistaken its triptronic - wanted to exchange with é ZX (+cash of course :) )

i didnt think "wankle" could pull off Skunk Stripes but it actually looked presentable! :D

service wise your right - no complains

what i meant was in terms of knowing what to do,they gave off a vibe which suggested they were groping in the dark...anyways they're careful , for the most part

but i'll second Gunat's suggestion to wax n buff it at home - why trust any1else&risk heart ache n swirl marks!

bro stay away from Triptronics or the F1 Shift. Cos the engine power is just 190 BHP on that version ( Type E ) 2006 Model gets a Triptronic 6 speed. Again same 190 BHP,

It always better to get the Type S. Rotarys are very revy engines. Infact power only comes after 5500 rpm upto 8500 rpm.

Man... that photo o the alloys once installed shows the alloys at its best dude.. da colour kinda transitions from gold in the middle to dark towards the end.. serious stuff man!! lol.. btw.. how much did it cost ya to get it down eh?

Zz

Hi,

If you don't mind me asking what's it like maintaining an RX-8? Especially with our crappy fuel and pathetic roads?

The car looks great btw.

Bro fuel consumption is pretty bad on this car. I guess best would be 6-7 per litre.

Max I have done a Full Tank of 60Ltr is 357 km. Machan seriously i dont use this car for road use. May on a Saturday or Sunday Drive.

I heard Tire Wastage on rear is pretty bad too. Other than that Its a Very GOOD car. Super on Tarmac, and Power is awesome. Super Sound and High Rev ( power starts from 5500rpm all the way Upto 8500 ) Rev Limit 9000 rpm.

Engine Oil is around 11,000 Bucks a Can of Rotary Oil ( Have to order from Japan or Singapore )

It also burns oil a Bit. You need to add 200ml of Oil every 800km or 1000km. Its usual for a Rotary Oil. Usualy Manual has notice about this. Its a Jaw Dropper. Some people just give thumps up while you are driving. Chick Magnet. Its the only New Sports car which is very affordable at the Moment.

Edited by Velocity

Bro fuel consumption is pretty bad on this car. I guess best would be 6-7 per litre.

Max I have done a Full Tank of 60Ltr is 357 km. Machan seriously i dont use this car for road use. May on a Saturday or Sunday Drive.

I heard Tire Wastage on rear is pretty bad too. Other than that Its a Very GOOD car. Super on Tarmac, and Power is awesome. Super Sound and High Rev ( power starts from 5500rpm all the way Upto 8500 ) Rev Limit 9000 rpm.

Engine Oil is around 11,000 Bucks a Can of Rotary Oil ( Have to order from Japan or Singapore )

It also burns oil a Bit. You need to add 200ml of Oil every 800km or 1000km. Its usual for a Rotary Oil. Usualy Manual has notice about this. Its a Jaw Dropper. Some people just give thumps up while you are driving. Chick Magnet. Its the only New Sports car which is very affordable at the Moment.

Hi dims

its a killer , thumbs for the neat work

Thanx Dims...will pass tha invitation to malla and drop in that way...if your passing Negombo let us know...maybe a burn, some prawns & beer perhaps? :angry-smiley-048: seriously nice work with tha car!

Cheers

Wow, Dims nice car! Please accpet Ashan's invitation and head this way, i will gatherup others at the same spot

bro stay away from Triptronics or the F1 Shift. Cos the engine power is just 190 BHP on that version ( Type E ) 2006 Model gets a Triptronic 6 speed. Again same 190 BHP,

It always better to get the Type S. Rotarys are very revy engines. Infact power only comes after 5500 rpm upto 8500 rpm.

yeah heard that the type S is waay better...

but wont be going for an RX machang... i have no money to put in ;)

...for now i'll have to be content with admiring ur car@é car meets & dream of a MazdaSpeed RX8 some day in the distant future... ~sigh~ :(

At Last...

I am yet to get my RE AMEMIYA suspension. Most Proly Next Week. Hope i dont scrape everywhere i go :(

Machang I saw that car when I was in SL in November. Didn't know it was yours. That's probably the nicest RX-8 I've seen!

I'm also sure I saw your (old) Suby parked somewhere near Wattala.

Hey guys thanks for your remarks. ( Thanks to All you guys )

Just remember it was you guys who voted for this car at Last Years. Best Performance Car To Buy.

So thanking needs to be done by me to all the Members. For me, i just get the thrill of dressing up a car and looking at it. Thats all. I am selling this ( once i complete designing my own kit ) car to may be fund another car which you guys voted.

So i guess i will have to wait until that, Ok here is Actual Picture of the Mazdaspeed Version Rx 8.

mazdaspeed5js.jpg

So i guess i will have to wait until that, Ok here is Actual Picture of the Mazdaspeed Version Rx 8.

now thats what i'm talking abt velocity! ;) u should design similar full body work for ur's - it'll be even better defa :)

here i just heard that there's a Blue original MazdaSpeed RX8 here - supposedly putting out close to 290BHP on some orginal tuning mods.. :(

true?

Edited by Devinda_Z

now thats what i'm talking abt velocity! ;) u should design similar full body work for ur's - it'll be even better defa :)

here i just heard that there's a Blue original MazdaSpeed RX8 here - supposedly putting out close to 290BHP on some orginal tuning mods.. :(

true?

There is only one Blue in SL. and that is not a Mazdaspeed. I think only 1000 cars were built of the Mazdaspeed. Auction Prices are around Same as WRX Sti 9 Spec C. Going at 3.6 million yen.

Remember Mazdaspeed is based on same Type S. Just the PCM is different and i dont think it can do 290 BHP.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2003. 12 : Mazda announced the release of a limited edition RX-8 Mazdaspeed Version. The RX-8 Mazdaspeed Version is based on the RX-8 Type S. Mazda has tuned up the engine using it's exclusively designed PCM (Powertrain Control Module) to match the modified intake and exhaust systems of the Mazdaspeed Version, as well as going through balance adjustments around the eccentric shaft in response to the lightweight flywheel. Mazda has also tuned up the suspension and fitted aero parts to further enhance sports driving performance.

2004.08 : Mazda RX-8 Mazdaspeed Version 2, based on the Mazda RX-8 Type S model, includes an exclusively tuned engine, suspension system and aero parts to further enhance the vehicle's sports driving performance. Features of the RX-8 Mazdaspeed Version include :

Tune-up parts exclusive to RX-8 Mazdaspeed Version 2 : PCM (Powertrain Control Module), fresh air duct, sports sound muffler with catalyst, upgraded spark plugs, re-balancing for the eccentric shaft, upgraded high-performance suspension kit includes height- and damping force-adjustable shock absorbers and sports spring set, Mazdaspeed ornament.

Existing Mazdaspeed tune-up parts : Oil cooler, light-weight flywheel, brake pad set, front/rear strut tower bar and performance bar set, large front/rear stabilizer, front nose, rear under skirt, side skirt set and rear wing, earthing kit.