• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Peugeot 205

bart simpson

Hi Guys,

Does any one know if there are any Peugeot 205 hatches in Sri Lanka? I currently live in Aus and am a big Peugeot fan.

True, Peugeots are not the best-built cars out there, but they have unique style to them and are usually fun to drive. The 205 hatch was produced from 1983-1994 (later in some countries). The GTi version was arguably the best hatch of its time.

I simply want to find a body shell, as I am willing to get all the mechanical parts down from Aus and spend the time to work on it.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Does any one know if there are any Peugeot 205 hatches in Sri Lanka? I currently live in Aus and am a big Peugeot fan.

True, Peugeots are not the best-built cars out there, but they have unique style to them and are usually fun to drive. The 205 hatch was produced from 1983-1994 (later in some countries). The GTi version was arguably the best hatch of its time.

I simply want to find a body shell, as I am willing to get all the mechanical parts down from Aus and spend the time to work on it.

Thanks

yes there are 205s in sri lanka. I've seen quite a few around .. One day i saw a blue color 205 givin a really hard time to a Kia Sorento on the Colombo - Piliyandala road.. and there's a famous 205 which is being rallied and wins often..

Theres a 205 GTI in colombo.... Blue with white stripes.... Saw it once at the Crescat car park..... had all the correct cues, Badges, Alloys etc... 14 Sri Number if i remember correctly, this was about 2 years back...Harshana, is this the one being raced?

Theres a 205 GTI in colombo.... Blue with white stripes.... Saw it once at the Crescat car park..... had all the correct cues, Badges, Alloys etc... 14 Sri Number if i remember correctly, this was about 2 years back...Harshana, is this the one being raced?

This car is an orginal GTi, and was once owned by Pradeep Jayawardene.

I think this is the one I saw along the Piliyandala road. The one raced is white one as my memory serves..

And I just searched .. and found Rizvi Farouk has raced a 205 GTI

Edited by harshansenadhir

I believe Uncle Bri also had a very original white GTi which was sold abt 3 years back. It was a 1600 Gti... Does anyone know if the 1900 Gti was brought down (unless thats the blue car of course...)

Uncle Bri's one is the one I'm talking about. I believe it was once owned by Pradeep, then passed onto Uncle Bro.. Last time I saw it, it was with a friend of mine, and the car is now blue, but couldn't remeber whether it had white stripes on it.

Thanks for the interest guys. If there are only 2 or 3 of them around, I suppose the chances of finding a car to work on as a project would be pretty slim... and there is no chance in hell of importing such an old car to Lanka. I give up :) .

What would be a good car to take up as project in Lanka? It will not be my daily driver so economy, reliability etc is not that important. What it needs to be, is a bit unique and not cost the sun and earth to do up. It should also have some heritage and shout NOT be a ricer.

Are there any AE86s with the 4A-GE engine in Lanka? I don’t really recall seeing any on the road.

Once again, thanks for all your replies and support for a first time poster :D

Are there any AE86s with the 4A-GE engine in Lanka? I don’t really recall seeing any on the road.

Once again, thanks for all your replies and support for a first time poster :)

your gonna have competition trying to scoop up a "hatchi-roku" out here.... :)

been keeping an eye out for a decent specimen my self....those cars arent gonna be expensive BUT they're hard to find...

:o

if u go abt outta colombo i'm sure a good one can be sourced but there arent any for sale now&havent entered the market as such either...

its almost purely by chance that u stumble on a unique car out here - so lets all go send 'Lady Luck' flowers!! :D

Uncle Bri's one is the one I'm talking about. I believe it was once owned by Pradeep, then passed onto Uncle Bro.. Last time I saw it, it was with a friend of mine, and the car is now blue, but couldn't remeber whether it had white stripes on it.

Bro, I think this car is now owned by Mr Manju Gunawardhane.(of Orange group).Im not really sure its the same car..Manju,s machine comes out only on Sundays.will confirm this tomorow.

Rizvi Farook had one.He won many races in that including SLARDAR1000 and Foxhill.

I believe Uncle Bri also had a very original white GTi which was sold abt 3 years back. It was a 1600 Gti... Does anyone know if the 1900 Gti was brought down (unless thats the blue car of course...)

The blue one (uncle Bri's) is the only 1.9. The other two are 1.6GTIs. There was a very low mileage red one at Cart Mart which they sold a couple of years ago for 700k I'm told to a bloke in Ratnapura.

There's also a white 306 XSi with 130 bhp which have driven as I was thinking of buying it. Fantastic handling.

There are a few basic GR models but none is good shape to my knowledge.