• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pulsar Vzr N1

madmax

Yes chang you’re correct the gearbox in the VZR should have been better after all they shouldn’t have put such tall gears in a performance hatch. Nigel’s CTR and the other black VZR hatch (the non n1) have dragged down parliment rd about 2 years ago and basically the CTR won by about 3 cars length. So may be a N1 would given a better fight to a CTR but my money would still be on the CTR. Again there are loads of after market parts for Honda’s but very few for Nissan’s so the VZR lacks performance mods to up its game.

But anyway what ever said and done its really sad non of the manufactures produce these beast 1600cc motors any more. From Honda the B16A and B16B, Toyota had the 4AGE-20 valve, Mitsubishi had their 1.6 MIVEC(not sure of the engine code) and then Nissan with the 1.6 VVL, heck the new civic 1.8 produces only 140bhp and is still a shitty SOHC…

Their just isn't that 1.6 performance market anymore. The new market is the 2 litre performance engines, propaply created by the Subaru's and the Evo's. Also, people want more torque than power these days, to make the cars more drivable in everyday use. I don't think anyone who's got used to a high performance turbo car would give it up for a similar bhp naturally aspirated one.

Yes chang you’re correct the gearbox in the VZR should have been better after all they shouldn’t have put such tall gears in a performance hatch. Nigel’s CTR and the other black VZR hatch (the non n1) have dragged down parliment rd about 2 years ago and basically the CTR won by about 3 cars length. So may be a N1 would given a better fight to a CTR but my money would still be on the CTR. Again there are loads of after market parts for Honda’s but very few for Nissan’s so the VZR lacks performance mods to up its game.

But anyway what ever said and done its really sad non of the manufactures produce these beast 1600cc motors any more. From Honda the B16A and B16B, Toyota had the 4AGE-20 valve, Mitsubishi had their 1.6 MIVEC(not sure of the engine code) and then Nissan with the 1.6 VVL, heck the new civic 1.8 produces only 140bhp and is still a shitty SOHC…

1.8L SOHC replaces the outgoing 1.5L SOHC's not the CTR's, infact Honda has lifted the standards for itz daily driver by way of itz 1.8L SOHC, if u want performance go 4 da Si with 200hp, again Honda has lifted the standard 4 the Si trim as well, only disappointment z the type R cocept only producing 200hp as same as the previous generation.

Their just isn't that 1.6 performance market anymore. The new market is the 2 litre performance engines, propaply created by the Subaru's and the Evo's. Also, people want more torque than power these days, to make the cars more drivable in everyday use. I don't think anyone who's got used to a high performance turbo car would give it up for a similar bhp naturally aspirated one.

I totally agree wit u, people demand more Torque nowdays, which is why they say in US the displacement war is back. The nissans have started to rocket itz sales by more displaced torquey engines.

Well guys i think you'll have mistaken the concept of honda. The CTR and ITR are not big displacement cars there were never meant to be. Honda wanted the customer to have a car where it is dailry driver in the weekdays and a full race spec car in the weekends. A stock CTR suspension and body balance is so fabulous u can just put it to any track and trash the shit out of it. Nigel is still running stock suspension on his car see how handles. And don't forget the reliability of these engines the CTR has the best rod ratio allowing them to rev like bitches. Driving type-R's are totally different experiences. Ask Andrew wat was the most fun car he drove in his collection.

Driving type-R's are totally different experiences. Ask Andrew wat was the most fun car he drove in his collection.

Honda Integra DC5 Type-R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Un-f**king-Believable!!!! Man that was one car that u could try all sort of shit with and it would take the pain with no complain!!!!! The easiest car to drive in traffic or on our roads and it was and still is the most responsive car that i've ever driven. Fullstop. It may not have been the fastest or have any mind-blowing top end....but boy was that car simply fun to drive....chang u know machan that to this day i still regret ever selling it...and also it was the only car that i ever brought to pilla and the drags regularly!!! hehehe...

machang i have driven the red ITR when it was with the first owner man it was fast and fun to drive. do any of u guy's know whatever happened to that car after he sold it? last time i saw it it was at katu drag races long time ago.

The last time i saw the Red ITR was when i was in SL this jan...it was being parked at a house oppst the Lionel Wendth Theatre round-about...near flower road....an old guy was driving it...Looked like it was being kept in good condition...

is this the one wit a lion on the side or the plain white one. wil we be able to see a race between the 2 fast dc5's :action-smiley-060:

Yup thats my old car...the one with the jaguar stickers and all the decals...might be possible to see a race between the 2 ITR's....the guy who owns the car now is a close friend of 2 certain brothers that race and have fast ass civics...chang shud be able to set it up nuh machan? My old car did drag sometime back at GP and Athurugirya when J***D drove it...

Ahem... Going OT again with these Hondas....

Back to my N1. Hit 180 on CBK mawatha with room to spare. Too bad that was as high as the meter goes.

Whoa nice going preveen...that must have been truly enjoyable!! hehehe...

is this the one wit a lion on the side or the plain white one. wil we be able to see a race between the 2 fast dc5's :action-smiley-060:

Not on this thread. Open another thread for that.

Honestly, these Honda buggers. Let one guy to a comparision or mention within topic parameters and then everyone wants to discuss freaking hondas and their virtues. This thread is for Nissans and their virtues.

Honestly, these Honda buggers. Let one guy to a comparision or mention within topic parameters and then everyone wants to discuss freaking hondas and their virtues. This thread is for Nissans and their virtues.

Sorry Preveen...LoL...imagine ME a HARDCORE Nissan fan hijacking this thread with Honda info!! LoL...its all changs fault!!!!!!!!... :action-smiley-060::(:D

sorry praveen :action-smiley-060:. will not talk abt honda's again in your thread

Well guys i think you'll have mistaken the concept of honda. The CTR and ITR are not big displacement cars there were never meant to be. Honda wanted the customer to have a car where it is daily driver in the weekdays and a full race spec car in the weekends. A stock CTR suspension and body balance is so fabulous u can just put it to any track and trash the shit out of it. Nigel is still running stock suspension on his car see how handles. And don't forget the reliability of these engines the CTR has the best rod ratio allowing them to rev like bitches. Driving type-R's are totally different experiences. Ask Andrew wat was the most fun car he drove in his collection.

OK, that maybe. But then, if u want to compare Type Rs against the competition, then u consider the fact that Nissans, (and I'm talking specifically about the VZR and GTR, coz I'm not sure if it applies in all cases, like say the Sentra SE-Rs) tend to tune and tighten the existing car to a higher level when tuning. If we accept that the Type R is a car with a different chassis, engine, suspenstion, body etc is different from, say, a civic hatch, then its actually a totally different car with the common factor being the name. Naturally, the Type Rs might be superior on the track, but that doesn't translate to superior non-Type Rs when compared to the competition. Also based on this, can we take the VZR N1s as the competion of the Type-Rs just because the Civics compete with the Pulsar/Sunny?

Whoa nice going preveen...that must have been truly enjoyable!! hehehe...

It was. I had about about a 1/2 hour high. Until I remembered mivec saying that while testing he hit 200 before the bend on the road. I was probably about 130 by that point... Basically, bugger has already passed my top speed before getting 1/2 way thru the road.

On the bright side, this car has a lot more to give, speedometers notwithstanding. Plenty left on the RPMs when I hit 180. This thing has 200+ in it. Now I just need a meter and a road to prove it.

On the birght side, this car has a lot more to give, speedometers notwithstanding. Plenty left on the RPMs when I hit 180. This thing has 200+ in it. Now I just need a meter and a road to prove it.

praveen why don't u install one of those digital speedo meter's. anyway how was it like to hit the 180 mark :action-smiley-060:

Yo guys just spoke to the owner of the DC2 and the DC5 and they are both gonna do a run tomorow so there is something to look forward to.

what kind of modificatin's does these two car's have under the bonnet. saw the DC2 at zacki's sometime back. any guesses who'll win? by the way praveen r u bringing your VZR tomorrow would like to see it do a run on GP. :action-smiley-060: