• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Porsche 944

Rily

Hi guys,

As you guys know I am looking for a car to buy and on doing the rounds to car sales I saw a Prosche 944 put a side at a car sale

I have seen a white 944 some time back but not this one before the is still un Reg. I ask the boy working there and he told me that this was brought down some time back.

Hi guys,

As you guys know I am looking for a car to buy and on doing the rounds to car sales I saw a Prosche 944 put a side at a car sale

I have seen a white 944 some time back but not this one before the is still un Reg. I ask the boy working there and he told me that this was brought down some time back.

How much were they quoting? and where was it? and the colur??

Hi guys,

Hi Rily,

The white one a 944S Ser3 3.0 non-turbo was brought down by Ajmal and used by a Chinese dude. It was painted red and was up for sale last year. I went and drove it as I was interested and it had quite a few probs. Air flow sensor gone, suspension gone, RHD conversion not perfect etc.

Eventually a guy I know bought the car and is sorting it out. He says it will remain red although I prefd it in white.

Then there was a 924 rotting away in Kelaniya some time ago. Badly corroded the guy wanted 800k at that time.

There's another 944 dark coloured with a doc who lives opposite CH & FC.

How much were they quoting? and where was it? and the colur??

Did not ask how much he wanted but the guy working there said that the owner was planing to do it up

It was at a car sale at Kiribathgoda

It was Orange

Hi Rily,

The white one a 944S Ser3 3.0 non-turbo was brought down by Ajmal and used by a Chinese dude. It was painted red and was up for sale last year. I went and drove it as I was interested and it had quite a few probs. Air flow sensor gone, suspension gone, RHD conversion not perfect etc.

Eventually a guy I know bought the car and is sorting it out. He says it will remain red although I prefd it in white.

Then there was a 924 rotting away in Kelaniya some time ago. Badly corroded the guy wanted 800k at that time.

I think this is da rotting car Machan I was so sad to see it like that badly corroed and accrding to the guy working there its un Reg.

Hi Rily,

If its the white/red 944 driven by the Chinese gentleman, don't touch it as it's conversion is horrible. Ajmal apparently sold it then for 800k. It was at a garage known to me and it had more problems than you can shake a stick at. Whatever the price, its not worth it as the floor pans are rusted, the engine has seen better days and parts are hard to come by even in Singapore. If you want to bust money, there are better cars out there.

If its the white/red 944 driven by the Chinese gentleman, don't touch it as it's conversion is horrible. Ajmal apparently sold it then for 800k. It was at a garage known to me and it had more problems than you can shake a stick at. Whatever the price, its not worth it as the floor pans are rusted, the engine has seen better days and parts are hard to come by even in Singapore. If you want to bust money, there are better cars out there.

This is not Red its Orange

i guess for 800k buying it and restoring it wouldn't be bad... guess the agents are the only people who will be able to handle it correct?

Too much I think mate. It was the poverty spec 1.8 924 not a 944. The engine is VW/Audi and only a 4 speed box. It's a kind of Series1 RX-7 rival. I'd take an RX over it actually.

No need to go to the agents it's a simple car but it had rotted very badly.

This is not Red its Orange

Then we are probably talking about two different cars!

The guy who bought it paid 1.5 mill. He imports lots of Audi and VW parts from Europe so it was an ideal project for him.

Too much I think mate. It was the poverty spec 1.8 924 not a 944. The engine is VW/Audi and only a 4 speed box. It's a kind of Series1 RX-7 rival. I'd take an RX over it actually.

No need to go to the agents it's a simple car but it had rotted very badly.

Then we are probably talking about two different cars!

The guy who bought it paid 1.5 mill. He imports lots of Audi and VW parts from Europe so it was an ideal project for him.

Seriously GTAm, what colour was this 924 you're taking about?? and is it possible that what friend Rily saw is a completely unknown car??

Did not ask how much he wanted but the guy working there said that the owner was planing to do it up

It was at a car sale at Kiribathgoda

It was Orange

I think this is da rotting car Machan I was so sad to see it like that badly corroed and accrding to the guy working there its un Reg.

Is it the on in K***L car sale @ kiribathgoda??????? I first sow it there around early 2002 and it was really badly coroded at that time as well and a guy at the sale tald me it was there for ages.........

Nipuna

Is it the on in K***L car sale @ kiribathgoda??????? I first sow it there around early 2002 and it was really badly coroded at that time as well and a guy at the sale tald me it was there for ages.........

Nipuna

Yaaa thats the one

on the subject of Porsches...just saw a Burgundy Carrera cabriolet tearing down (ok ok i exaggertate...limping through traffic.. :lol: ) down Union Place

running WP - GJ plates...

Yep.

It was parked outside the Sri Lanka Medical Council office in Norris Canal Road this afternoon...

Very nice looking machine...

:D

Just as an FYI:

the 924 was Porsche's saving grace in the late 70's during the oil crisis. It is however, based on Audi-VW mechanicals (gearbox- Audi, engine- VW).

Originally commissioned by VW as a new sports car, It became the entry level car for Porsche and helped finance the continued development of the 911.

The 944 basically became the 924 on steroids...

Restoring the 924 could potentially be easy when it comes to mechanicals...however everything else...who knows.

I remember seeing a 944 S2 (early 1990's model) w/ British license plates about 5 years ago on havelock road...but never again. Was being driven by an older gentlemen quite spritely.

Edited by gunat

I was actually thinking of asking YOU that question.... care to hazard a guess?

There's only one I want the red 993 cabrio. I think about 5.5m!? What do you think?

I hope it won't come up for sale before I can afford it ;) !!!!

There's only one I want the red 993 cabrio. I think about 5.5m!? What do you think?

I hope it won't come up for sale before I can afford it :) !!!!

5.5 may be a bit lowish dont ya think? early boxsters retail around the 4.5 mark if i'm not mistaken, since the 993 is so rare, AND with new 911's going for something like 25mill the owner can ask whatever he feels like for it....... my guess would be around the 6.5 mark......

i think there was a first gen boxster going for 7mill... the 993 would fetch wayyyy more...

i've seen a champagne 996 carrera cabrio somewhere around rajagiriya... the owner gives it no mercy on the shitty roads :P

i've seen a Yellow TARGA top - 993 i believe ;) lovely to see with the Top off

but as for Boxter - i checked a 1st Gen boxter myself - 4 Mill was the price n it was an Auto in Burgundy - not hacked - seemed worth the cash - 301- car

so a 993 cnt be much more 7-8 Max - but if u play the game of Supply n Demand then u never know where the price will go.... :)