• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Facelift for prado V8

George Wonks

I have a prado V8 and I wanted to facelift it,I got designs for the vehicle from a seller.The bodykits/Facelist material are chinese.The manufacturer is a company called GBT

Is it practical to be switching from japenese company made material to a chinese copy of a new model?

To my knowledge,the parts are welded to the vehicle,so will it last longer or will the parts fall out after the joints are rusted?

Are the bodykits reliable and does it decrease the Prado's value?

56 minutes ago, George Wonks said:

prado V8

You mean V6. I am pretty sure none of the markets got a V8 in the Prado. Just the 1GR-FSE V6 ?

57 minutes ago, George Wonks said:

Is it practical to be switching from japenese company made material to a chinese copy of a new model?

A lot of people do it. Depending on the kit itself they seem to last as well. However, it does seem to be a hit or miss sort of situation and the good ones are pretty expensive.

Is there anyway you can get body parts off of an actual scrapped facelifted Prado ? Personally I would not go with the whole doing the facelift thing...but if I were to, I would try to buy the actual Toyota part from the dealer (might end up being quite expensive) or get it off of a donor car (might take a long time as you will have to hunt down different parts). 

11 minutes ago, iRage said:

A lot of people do it. Depending on the kit itself they seem to last as well.

There was actually a person I knew who's business model was buying prado's face-lifting them (using the chinese kits) and sell off at a higher value - have not heard of any complaints yet...maybe too early for it . 

13 minutes ago, matroska said:

There was actually a person I knew who's business model was buying prado's face-lifting them (using the chinese kits) and sell off at a higher value - have not heard of any complaints yet...maybe too early for it . 

Yeah...there are pretty decent ones and there are cheap ones. Saw a few when I was there last December and some had lights and stuff already faded and the inner reflectors were peeling off. So I suppose it is all about how much you want to spend and doing your research on what is good.