• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Corolla AE 100 vibrating/shaking when accelerating up even a small hill, if too steep might not pull at all.

Umar Hamzy

Question

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Umar Hamzy said:

I just checked the book and under Engine No. It says: 4E-

so then this is an EFI Engine (as opposed to the 2E carb engine) - there could be multiple reasons such as problems with your sensors/ fuel systems/air intake/plugs etc.

How long have you had the car? Was it serviced recently? Do you have an idea about the condition of your spark plugs? (which is one of the most basics things you could check) anyway, the best option is to take the car to a competent mechanic and do an OBD scan and diagnose the fault codes. The 4EFE is a common and simple engine - so most mechanics will be able to diagnose and fix the issue.  

Edited by matroska

4 hours ago, matroska said:

How long have you had the car? Was it serviced recently? Do you have an idea about the condition of your spark plugs? (which is one of the most basics things you could check) anyway, the best option is to take the car to a competent mechanic and do an OBD scan and diagnose the fault codes. The 4EFE is a common and simple engine - so most mechanics will be able to diagnose and fix the issue.  

I've had the car for about 2 years. Yes, It is serviced regularly, I've got about 2k kilometers before my next service. No, but I told the mechanic to check the spark plugs, he said if there's an issue with the spark plug, the engine should miss (he test drove it and encountered the issue). His suggestion was to dismount the engine and check the clutch plate, flywheel etc. (Recently replaced clutch plate)

What does an OBD scan do? I think I'll do that scan and then let him dismount the engine and whatnot

Edited by Umar Hamzy
typo

On 7/26/2023 at 4:35 PM, Umar Hamzy said:

What does an OBD scan do?

it will return fault codes indicating any issues with the car - for example a sensor malfunctioning. 

On 7/26/2023 at 4:35 PM, Umar Hamzy said:

he said if there's an issue with the spark plug, the engine should miss

typically yes - but i experienced a lack of power on my starlet once - no misses (has the same engine as yours) and turned out it was the plugs