• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Fit gp1 2012 - P0420 Error code

fahiq riza

Hi,

My 2012 Honda fit gp1 throws the check engine light and it displays a P0420 error code? and the mechanic says need to replace the exhaust manifold i need some help on this any suggestions?

from where can oi get a exhaust manifold

Edited by fahiq riza

8 hours ago, fahiq riza said:

Hi,

My 2012 Honda fit gp1 throws the check engine light and it displays a P0420 error code? and the mechanic says need to replace the exhaust manifold i need some help on this any suggestions?

from where can oi get a exhaust manifold

A P0420 code is usually indicative of a Catalytic Converter failure. What causes the failure can range from the actual converter going bad to a sensor going bad to any issue that has to do with exhaust gases (which can include manifold cracks, manifold gasket leaks, to down pipe issues). So when your mechanic said the manifold needs to be changed, did he tell you why ? Because you need to know that the manifold failure is exactly what is causing the Cat Con error to popup.

If he just said you need to change the manifold just after he saw the error code, you are better off going to a different garage. 

I had the catalytic converter changed as there was a loud noise from my silencer after the cat was changed the sounds stopped and while changing the cat the guy told the cat near the manifold has to be replaced that that is also gone bad

and some are suggesting a pcm flash to get rid of the check engine light

wondering what to do

• 8 months later...
On 8/4/2023 at 11:21 AM, fahiq riza said:

I had the catalytic converter changed as there was a loud noise from my silencer after the cat was changed the sounds stopped and while changing the cat the guy told the cat near the manifold has to be replaced that that is also gone bad

and some are suggesting a pcm flash to get rid of the check engine light

wondering what to do

Reviving an old thread because I got the same error.

What did you do finally.? Are you using regular petrol or Super /95?