• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

::: Autolanka.com Sets A New Web Traffic Record !!

MADZ

You wouldnt believe how popular AutoLanka is, last week i saw Big Leyland (about 4, of the same owner) lorries having Autolanka stickers.!!

but i think they werent originals as they were green in color, do u have green?

these lorries carry big rocks and stuff 4 road work.

Madz do u know the owner?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wouldnt believe how popular AutoLanka is, last week i saw Big Leyland (about 4, of the same owner) lorries having Autolanka stickers.!!

Madz must be the owner of them :lol: . Autolanka Transporters Limited

Congratulations madawa for the hard work :lol: I can see the site is growing day by day :D and I’m so happy as a sri lankan to be a part of team autolanka. All the best for the rest of the year :D

another Scooby lover in the making da?

....or Evo....?

outta curiosity are there any older Evo's - genuine ones of the pre VI generation?

I'm guessing an Evo 3 convert. Oh well, we'll find out soon :lol:

Oh, sorry unoffical moderator. I anyway posted it with censored letters

I love the way this dude applies double standards. Calling others "unofficial moderator" after all the bs .... ah well, good for a laugh.

100,00 unique visitors yet only a bunch of 20 odd members in the posting level.. but 5 million hits is way outta the league of any other SL based forums so kudos to the modz and adminz o AL.. congratz bro!!

Bout the 20 odd members in the posting level.. more could be done to promote posting yeah? lol... but hel.. the purpose is to inform/educate so gracias once again modz/adminz!!!

keep it up!

Zz

Censored letters? Wow, good job.

:D Thank you sir

now now....HOLa did acknowedge é whole moderator thing né

:D

....& u say "we'll see" - but were@Peri?&when?? :S

I didnt quiet get the last bit bro

100,00 unique visitors yet only a bunch of 20 odd members in the posting level.. but 5 million hits is way outta the league of any other SL based forums so kudos to the modz and adminz o AL.. congratz bro!!

Bout the 20 odd members in the posting level.. more could be done to promote posting yeah? lol... but hel.. the purpose is to inform/educate so gracias once again modz/adminz!!!

keep it up!

Zz

Yeah i think the forum is one of the best part of AL. So much fun,education,sharing knowledge

i was thinking abt this yesterday myself....

lotsa ppl visit the site - but i dont think they realise how much of fun posting is - and there's so much u can gain interms of info n stuff from other members...

it would be awesome to have more views - otherwise threads get boring..

how abt some conflicting opinions chaps!?!

....i dar someone to say AL is bad :D ....let see if this sparks a post! :D

Ah that must be my Bro-in-laws :D

Thats good stuff guys, keep it up! Its good to hear that a Sri Lankan automotive website's doing so well.

Madz, how about improving the Automotive News section. I know its there but at the moment its a bit 'hidden' away. If you bring it to the top and put more emphesis on it. And if gets updated more frequently, like say 'Top stories of the week'. I think that would bring a lot more new visitors into the site.

Just a suggestion, I know it'll be a lot more work.

From this year we are hoping to post more articles related to local motor races and other related activities....these days we are looking for good authors. If you guys know any good person please ask him to contact me. I’m even willing to pay if necessary. My contact details are below...Thanks!

yup & also how abt that "wanted" section for those loking for specific cars - and mayeb even a seperate "parts n accesories" section plus reviews of car care products n services available in the local market?

Thanks DevinaZ for reminding about Wanted section...will be doing it soon.

Congrats Autolanka team.. This proves A/L is becoming ever so popular among car lunatics.. :D

I would say that A/L the classifieds section is among the most popular for online car classifieds in Sri Lanka. At the moment this section is quite simple and easy to use but I believe there is still room for improvements.

I feel for people who are not frequent visitors of A/L it is a bit difficult to search for the vehicle they want coz the section is not categorized in any way. So Madz, how about categorizing classifieds according to Car make, Production year and providing a good search facility..?

And also Madz, it’ll be really user friendly if there is the possibility of indicating sold vehicles coz most of the time when tried to contact the owner, the vehicle is already sold. :-) .

Seriously, I believe A/L classifieds has the potential to be the best online classifieds facility for local motor cars and related products. So, these are a few of my comments. Cheers…!!

ooops yep you are correct...there is a small bug in search facility it will be fixed ASAP !!

Further I'll look into the other issues you have mentioned above...thanks a lot MrCat.

Anyway if madz can create a page like Membes Rides it will be more usefull cus then the world can see our members rides

Yes Gihan definitely we will be do it within few months time...it's one of our high priority Mods which is still pending since last year...

ah mahcnag that was in reference to Gihan suprising everyone - Peri said possibly with an Evo3

so i wanted to know how & when we'll get to see it - cuz apart from the AL G2G (which u missed hola - shame:( )

i dont know of any other times AL members meet up...? :D

i was thinking abt this yesterday myself....

lotsa ppl visit the site - but i dont think they realise how much of fun posting is - and there's so much u can gain interms of info n stuff from other members...

it would be awesome to have more views - otherwise threads get boring..

how abt some conflicting opinions chaps!?!

....i dar someone to say AL is bad :D ....let see if this sparks a post! :D

yeah dude.. frankly conflicting opinions is what makes da forum more fun heehee... but they tend to result in argument which ll lead to unwanted words such as ********** n stuff ;-)

@ Hola - wut i meant 2 say buddy is that havin more unique visitors without em ever posting is kinda like defeatin da purpose o sharin view/opinions.. letz say 100,00 unique people with only bout 20 odd posting.. that means over like 100% obviously of the total unique visitors r just browin da forumz lol..

n sry bout nt replyin ;-) lw credit n bad economic period 4 me.. heehee..

Zz

Edited by Pericles

ah mahcnag that was in reference to Gihan suprising everyone - Peri said possibly with an Evo3

so i wanted to know how & when we'll get to see it - cuz apart from the AL G2G (which u missed hola - shame:( )

Yes, i missed it, but infact i was with an AL member and his small gathering. Isuru called me and he knows about it. In April (hopefully with Madz's go ahead) we all be able to meet again...

Yes, i missed it, but infact i was with an AL member and his small gathering. Isuru called me and he knows about it. In April (hopefully with Madz's go ahead) we all be able to meet again...

another g2g in april cool sense cus i missed all Al g2g's bt i know some members including preveen, shark,fuzzo,dragster,kim etc bt hopefully ill do my best to come to the next g2g

....& u say "we'll see" - but were@Peri?&when?? :S

I don't know. I just said we'll see it sometime. :P And I'll get the pics so everyone else can see it too

keep it up!

Zz

I think ur underestimating the numbers on the forums. There are at least 50 contributors who post regularly and quite a few others I see logged in but never posting :D

As I recall, the last poll had more that 50 votes :alc:

Well, thats ok. It was addressed to me and I got it. Thats whats important.

I am purely speculating :D with no basis whatsoever other than the availability. As for when do we meet, dude we meet up all the time in all kindsa places. I haven't been to a car show yet that I haven't bumped into someone from the forums. Races, trackdays, night time drags, autocross, clubmeets. :D This mini family of auto nuts meet up all over. Or at least bump into each other :D

Come to Katu on for the races on the 10-11, see how many of the AL crowd are hanging out there. Speaking of which, need to start a thread to see whos coming on the 11th :D

yeah dude.. frankly conflicting opinions is what makes da forum more fun heehee... but they tend to result in argument which ll lead to unwanted words such as ******** n stuff ;-)

Like I said before, not on this forum.

@ Pericles - just gave a figure 2 prove ma point ;-) doesnt necessarily mean am accurate lol...

wel atleast a plus is dat da sudden inflow o memberz atleast!! dude/dudettes who post ;-) letz hope da trend continues.. i mean.. people joinin n posting dat is...

Zz

@ Pericles - just gave a figure 2 prove ma point ;-) doesnt necessarily mean am accurate lol...

wel atleast a plus is dat da sudden inflow o memberz atleast!! dude/dudettes who post ;-) letz hope da trend continues.. i mean.. people joinin n posting dat is...

Zz

speaking of "dudetts" - why are there no female poster on AL ?? i know,i did make a comment abt the female species' lack of enthusiasm on motoring,but NeXgen's comment made we wonder if there actually are any of the fairer gender in our midst?? :huh:

speaking of "dudetts" - why are there no female poster on AL ?? i know,i did make a comment abt the female species' lack of enthusiasm on motoring,but NeXgen's comment made we wonder if there actually are any of the fairer gender in our midst?? :huh:

There is a seperate thread for women in AL , please check it out and you will be surprised. I cant find it

wel frankly there were.. i jst cant remember da nickz hehe.. there was even the ocassion in which there were 2 members of da fairer gender lolz.. loggin in via the same ip with 2 dif nicks.. i do wonder too nevertheless.. statistics would talk a lot!

imagine the lady owner of the Aston DB9 being a member here.. woofah.. not that it matters that she HAS to be a lady but just having a DB9 owner in our midst..

Zz

Nads is still checking things out, tho rarely posting. Judy has left us to the sandy climes of the middle east. Am I missing anyone guys? Other than Mrs Duncan and her friend? And Sparco? :lol: