• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

L300 no crank no start

One One

Question

I brought a 2000 mistibishi l300 turbo diesel van (manual)

since iv owned it iv had to connect a small wire onto to positive terminal for the starter to turn over.(if I don’t there starter motor won’t turn over).

anyways afew days ago that little wire fell off and I have since reconnected it but every time I try to start the van starter doesn’t turn over at all only hear one or two clicks coming from the back of the drivers seat witch I’m guessing is the starter relay or glow plugs relay ?

1 answer to this question

I would say first and foremost....go take the van to a proper auto electrician and get the wiring sorted out. A lot of Sri Lankans just take vehicle electricals for granted and fix random wires here and there. Doing things like this can lead to the vehicle catching fire.

Also, once the electricals are sorted out...you can figure out what is going on with the starter and do a permanent repair. As long as you take the connect a wire here and there approach, the starter motor working would only be a temporary fix-up.