• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which car/Suv should I buy

C_J

Question

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out which Japanese  car has the most comfortable seats. I like to have a sofa like sitting experience, which Premio offer as most of you already mentioned.

Is there any better alternative?

Edited by C_J
Thread went on a different direction, hence changed the title

5 hours ago, C_J said:

Do you think Nankang is OK?

It's manufactured in 2023 but they didn't confirm if it's Taiwan or Chinees. Ask for 54K for each tyre.

Do you have any recommend place to check for available stocks?

Considering I am not in Sri Lanka...I have no idea on recommendations on shops. Especially after the whole country going down the bin situation.

Nankang is fine. I have used it in my RAV4 in Tanzania (I got them put on in Japan before exporting/importing it in to Tanzania). The tire was a hard rubber type so it was a bit noisier than the Bridgestones the car came with and in extreme conditions (deep sand driving) it felt like the tire slipped a little bit more than the Bridgestones and under heavy rain the tire didn't handle as much speed as the Bridgestone. On the other hand the tire did not wear out as easily as the bridgestones as well and took a lot of abuse on bad roads. Of course all this could account for the model of the tire as well.

3 hours ago, C_J said:

MARSHAL Korean tyre is available in 235/65R17 size. It's an alternative.

No idea about it. Maybe someone else can comment on the tire.

3 hours ago, C_J said:

Do you think it's OK to go with 235/65R17

Yes...should be...the drop won't be that drastic (sorry I can't see the image. Small screen...bad eyes...the usual situation). You might feel some changes in characteristics of how the car handles. You will notice that the car rolls more and easily at low RPMs. With slightly narrower tires you might feel that the wheels seem like they will lose grip sooner than before (if you drive hard and is sensitive to steering and chassis feedback). Since there is a smaller surface patch equals lesser resistance there will be a change in the fuel comsomption as well (depending on your driving style/habits).

• Like 1