• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

SLARDAR Katukurunda Circuit Meet I

MADZ

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the entries of SL-GT upto 3500cc event for SLARDAR Katu on 10th & 11th

1. Feroz Omar - Subaru STI 8 Spec C

2. Dinesh Jayawardana - Mitsubishi Evo 8 RS

3. Aravinda Premadasa - Mitsubishi Evo 7 RS

4. Mahinda Premarathna - Mitsubishi Evo 6 GSR

5. Dinesh Deheragoda - Mitsubishi Evo 9 GT

6. Reyaz Farook - Mitsubishi Evo 7 RS

7. Janaka Dias - Subaru WRX

8. Rohan de Silva - Mitsubishi Evo 4 RS

Event of Group N will run as SL-H upto 3500cc this time and it will be running as two sparate races without mixing up SL-GT and SL-H.

List of entries for SL-H upto 3500cc event will update in the forum as soon as i get them.

I wish all the best and good luck for the competitors and hope they give us a good race to enjoy .......

Edited by Grand Civic

Here are the entries of SL-GT upto 3500cc event for SLARDAR Katu on 10th & 11th

1. Feroz Omar - Subaru STI 8 Spec C

2. Dinesh Jayawardana - Mitsubishi Evo 8 RS

3. Aravinda Premadasa - Mitsubishi Evo 7 RS

4. Mahinda Premarathna - Mitsubishi Evo 6 GSR

5. Dinesh Deheragoda - Mitsubishi Evo 9 GT

6. Reyaz Farook - Mitsubishi Evo 7 RS

7. Janaka Dias - Subaru WRX

8. Rohan de Silva - Mitsubishi Evo 4 RS

isnt Janka going to run that new Sti9 ?? :lol: he brought it to compete in the Gt class né ??

Edited by Devinda_Z

isnt Janka going to run that new Sti9 ?? ;) he brought it to compete in the Gt class né ??

The Subaru STI 9 which Janaka bought down has to be modified according to Group A specifications…till he do the modifications completely he will be racing with his old Subaru(Katkurunda and Tissa). You will see Janka in action with his new STI 9 in April at Foxhill.

The Subaru STI 9 which Janaka bought down has to be modified according to Group A specifications…till he do the modifications completely he will be racing with his old Subaru(Katkurunda and Tissa). You will see Janka in action with his new STI 9 in April at Foxhill.

uh "goday" question comming from ignorant me -

what exactly are these "specfications" and what these "group A" stuff???

i know that u get seperate classes depending on engine capacity but what otherways do they segment the cars at races?

also what other of thoese Specifications will change from GOup / CLass to another ???

:blink:

&are these international regulations or loca ones?? :huh:

uh "goday" question comming from ignorant me -

what exactly are these "specfications" and what these "group A" stuff???

i know that u get seperate classes depending on engine capacity but what otherways do they segment the cars at races?

also what other of thoese Specifications will change from GOup / CLass to another ???

:(

&are these international regulations or loca ones?? :huh:

Correct me if i'm wrong. Standard and modified. If i expand on that

Group N, Cars run in its standard form with minor modifications from manufacturere specification.(limited upgrades) but group A on the other hand, the cars can be set up to its maximum potential if one wishes to but without exceeding displacement. ie. the SL-GT event not exeeding 3500cc. anti-lag, Springs,aerodynamics,Brakes,ecu,internals...or even since of late Nos.

Cars are classed according to Power to weight ratio, same make, desplacement limitations and so on

The classification of the groups and classes are governed by FIA regulations.

Edited by Overdrive

Group N, Cars run in its standard form with minor modifications from manufacturere specification.(limited upgrades) but group A on the other hand, the cars can be set up to its maximum potential if one wishes to but without exceeding displacement. ie. the SL-GT event not exeeding 3500cc. anti-lag, Springs,aerodynamics,Brakes,ecu,internals...or even since of late Nos.

Cars are classed according to Power to weight ratio, same make, desplacement limitations and so on

right makes sense

but power to weight will be calculated on é stock output i assume as there is no way to dyno test out here né?? :(

Let me add something for what you said. You are absolutely right about what you said on Group N regs, but however this event was scrapped with effect from 31-12-2006 and instead a new class was introduced as SL-H upto 3500cc which incidentally gives room for more modifications over the earlier Group N. However even for SL-H class the internals of the engine should remain as per manufacturer specifications.

As for Group “A” (now referred as SL-GT upto 3500cc) in this case I am referring only to the Super Car event, you are right about the displacement to be limited at 3500cc (in the case of turbo cars the displacement will be multiplied by 1.7 inorder to arrive at the final capacity i.e. 2000cc turbo X 1.7 = 3400cc)

However the above is not the only limitation as of 2007 regulations. Following are the rest which we have to adhere to from SLARDAR Katu to be worked out over the week-end.

01) Standard turbo as per manufacturer spec.

02) Standard intake and exhaust manifolds

03) Standard doors and bonnet (door panels could be removed)

04) Fuel is restricted to CPC or IOC and no additives are permitted (Max. is Av. Gas)

05) NOS is banned with effect from 01-01-2007

Rest of the modifications are free, provided the car is race worthy and in the Super Car event (SL-GT and SL-H) and all other modified events are classified according to the displacement and rest classes on power to weight or one make series.

As for the FIA regulations, unfortunately we do not follow them yet, but instead have our own set of regulations setout by SLAS and that is why you will see the word “SL” before every class. We did have FIA regulations for 2 years (2005/6) but it was scrapped by SLAS and may be it will be re-introduced in time to come. :(

Edited by mivec.turbo

List of entries for Group SL-H upto 3500cc ( Previously Known as Group N )

1. Nalin D. Perera - Subaru STI 7 Spec C

2. Kapila Jayasundara - Mitsubishi Evo 4 GSR

3. P. Jeyanthan - BMW M3

4. Sarath Pathirage - Mitsubishi Evo 5 RS

5. Nishan Weerasooriya - Mitsubishi Evo 9 GT

6. Kanchana Rathnayake - Mitsubishi Evo 3 GSR

For this event there will be only one race of 5 laps and also not a championship event.

SL-GT event is a championship event and there will be two races of 6 laps each.

List of entries for Group SL-H upto 3500cc ( Previously Known as Group N )

1. Nalin D. Perera - Subaru STI 7 Spec C

2. Kapila Jayasundara - Mitsubishi Evo 4 GSR

3. P. Jeyanthan - BMW M3

4. Sarath Pathirage - Mitsubishi Evo 5 RS

5. Nishan Weerasooriya - Mitsubishi Evo 9 GT

6. Kanchana Rathnayake - Mitsubishi Evo 3 GSR

For this event there will be only one race of 5 laps and also not a championship event.

SL-GT event is a championship event and there will be two races of 6 laps each.

Awesome Grand Civic. Seriously Thumps Up to All the Race Drivers in Both Categories. Imagine the Amount of Preparation gone into Make these cars and these races are so fast, that the amount of mental strain on the drivers to take right decsions and driving tactics is just a mere split mili second. Infact all these cars i guess touch the maximum speed putting all these cars under pressure too.

Its nice to see Nishan Returns to Track Racing after a long Lapse. Anyway all the best all you guys on both events. This a Super Event Guys, so dont miss it , Be there !!!

Let me add something for what you said. You are absolutely right about what you said on Group N regs, but however this event was scrapped with effect from 31-12-2006 and instead a new class was introduced as SL-H upto 3500cc which incidentally gives room for more modifications over the earlier Group N. However even for SL-H class the internals of the engine should remain as per manufacturer specifications.

As for Group “A” (now referred as SL-GT upto 3500cc) in this case I am referring only to the Super Car event, you are right about the displacement to be limited at 3500cc (in the case of turbo cars the displacement will be multiplied by 1.7 inorder to arrive at the final capacity i.e. 2000cc turbo X 1.7 = 3400cc)

However the above is not the only limitation as of 2007 regulations. Following are the rest which we have to adhere to from SLARDAR Katu to be worked out over the week-end.

01) Standard turbo as per manufacturer spec.

02) Standard intake and exhaust manifolds

03) Standard doors and bonnet (door panels could be removed)

04) Fuel is restricted to CPC or IOC and no additives are permitted (Max. is Av. Gas)

05) NOS is banned with effect from 01-01-2007

Rest of the modifications are free, provided the car is race worthy and in the Super Car event (SL-GT and SL-H) and all other modified events are classified according to the displacement and rest classes on power to weight or one make series.

As for the FIA regulations, unfortunately we do not follow them yet, but instead have our own set of regulations setout by SLAS and that is why you will see the word “SL” before every class. We did have FIA regulations for 2 years (2005/6) but it was scrapped by SLAS and may be it will be re-introduced in time to come. :(

oh didnt know about the group n change. last time i was there in sep. standart turbo hah, that's why everyone is getting new evo 9's then!! nos banned, great news.

so based on that é EVO Pajero is about as big an engine that can be raced i take it ?

so no chance of someone bringing in a Bowler Wildcat or Tomcat then B)

Um, no man, those rules were for cars. In the top-line Trucks and Jeeps category (T&J Open), anything goes so even a Bowler would be legit.

a Bolwer 5.0L signature Vs. Evo9 - thats a race i'd kill to watch on local soil B)

What KLM said is, different classes. They don't all run at the same tim. U'd only be able to compare timings. And if u wanna do that, check the top gear board. Only on a gravel track like Tissa or Foxhill would it be interesting to even compare times.

What KLM said is, different classes. They don't all run at the same tim. U'd only be able to compare timings. And if u wanna do that, check the top gear board. Only on a gravel track like Tissa or Foxhill would it be interesting to even compare times.

yes peri i realize that they were in seprate classes after what KLm said but i'd like to see a seperate head to head race (not an regulated event) between the two & also like u said see what the timings would be on a timed thing like@pelawatte

Here are the timings of Supercar events for SLARDAR Katukurunda Circuit meet I on the qualifying day.

SL-GT upto 3500cc

1. Dinesh Deheragoda 1.00.999

2. Dinesh Jayawardane 1.02.576

3. Reyaz Farook 1.02.587

4. Feroz Omar 1.03.385

5. Aravinda Premadasa 1.03.780

6. Janaka Dias 1.05.153

SL-H Upto 3500cc

1. Nishan Weerasooriya 1.03.658

2. P. Jeyanthan 1.04.240

3. Sarath Pathirage 1.05.772

4. Nalin D. Perera 1.09.366

Mahinda Premarathna & Rohan de Silva did not took part in GT Class. Kapila Wijesundara didnt took part and Kanchana Rathnayaka didn't run for qualifying may be due to a technical issue.

Aravinda did only one lap for qualifying and retuned to paddocks due to smoke generated from back of his car and Deheragoda did only two laps as his left front tyre blown in his 3rd lap on the main straight. i hope both will sortout thier issues and will turnup tommorow for stunning race. :alc:

Edited by Grand Civic

Thanks for that Grand civic. Any results on the other events. Did they have any FF1600 events? BtW does anyone know If nigel is running his Subaru this year? I remember him saying that he is planning on running this year?

Thanks for that Grand civic. Any results on the other events. Did they have any FF1600 events? BtW does anyone know If nigel is running his Subaru this year? I remember him saying that he is planning on running this year?

from what he's told us, the car's for sale so i'm not so sure he'd want to race it...

Ahhh, excellent days racing. Some good competition, thrills and not much spills ;) Good to see some keen, close racing, rather unlike the normal Katu where the field sorts out after the first corner and boringly plods along after with a aver widening gap. Some great photos, if I do say so myself. Madz should have it out shortly. :D Should have a interesting season if this sorta competition is maintained. Y'all should try to make it to see the races this year.