• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Police Radar Detectors And Jammers

gpmac

What d u mean outlawed helmets, can someone enlighten me pls

ur getting me to open an old can of worms. Unfortunately I lived thru the late 80s in my teens. There were a few assasinations and some other attempts that were said to have been carried out by motorcycle gunmen wearing helmets. DOH! The enlightned govt came up with a ban on all helmets and I think later reduced it to full-face helmets. there was even a time when rider would get pulled over for using a hanky for a dust mask. Obviously this hurt many people who depended on motorcycles as their only mode of private transportation. there were many fatal accidents what may have been prevented had they been wearing helmets. I would even say that there were more ppl killed without helmets than ppl assasinated by ppl wearing helmets. It would've made more sense to outlaw jackets and duffel bags so they cant conceal the FREAKING T56 RIFLE

I still remember one accident on the Kelani bridge where a young female rider was thrown and killed instantly. I went thru minutes after the accident and her brain was splattered over 10 feet pass her body. If there is a problem, get to teh root case of it instead of trying to remedy teh symptoms! governments should be proactive and not reactive...hence, not chase thambili carts for a year after the rupavahini bomb in 94. but then this lunacy is not limited to SL politicians.

again; Fumb Ducks!

his M3 puts down 500hp!

what kinda turbo does he have in there?

Edited by dhp
  • Like 1

lemme elaborate; there is this "parking/ distance sensor" sold mostly in europe that most of the guys on M5boards talk about all the time. Its a hardwired unit that is also known to play havoc on some Laser guns. Now jammers are illegal in most countries and in some states in the US. but a working parking sensor that might have a side effect on a laser gun is a case for a higer court... not sure what the SL interpretation would be.. after all, this is the country that outlawed helmets. Ricking Fartards!

Any idea what the brand is dude? i thought electronics were meant to operate at a certain regulatory level (which gotta be approved by eh.. cant remember the bloody dept.. ya knw that wordings o certain electronic devices say "this device is rated class --- by the some electronic foundation thingy". And saying it would not cause any interference with existing electronic devices... anyways everythings good if we could jump the fine :alc:

Valantine is a bloody costly setup from what i remember when i was hunting.. though most of the detectors nowadays got forward and rear sensors... Valantines implementation is far more accurate with a very low failure level.. cool stuff.. does this come with voice prompts warning you with visual alerts?

as for the laws.. lol.. certain laws are just to prove that "they" are in control.. lmao.. i wonder if any of our wonderful law makers got any doctorate... lmao..

Zz

On the subject of speeding.. yours truly got booked today for 131kmph, thats a record for me even though I think I was hitting 140+. I just smiled when the cop showed me the gun.. cause I had just slipped my belt on as it was a premeditated run lol :P And I was all set for a cool 150+ maxing out 3rd on Elivit Mw. so anyway the cops were quite amused as it was the highest reading they'd got in the past 2 weeks! ;):D So I made use of the opportunity to have a look at the speed gun first hand.. Its was a laser one for sure and it took about second to calibrate on to a vehicle. The speed reading kindda bounces until the cop presses a button which locks the reading. So IMO any jamming device needs to do its job between the time the device calibrates and the moment the cop presses the lock button.

Would appreciate if someone can bring a jamming gadget down and this thing is beginning to be a pain in the ars*.. Its the 3rd time I've got booked for the year. And its taking the fun out of sunday drives. On the brighter side they copped virtually every vehicle that passed. (Other than a so called V*P car) The other motorists were all bitching for getting the book at 61-65etc :D

On the other hand I would have been booked in several countries for getting caught at that speed: Check this list out:

Speed limits in specific countries:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limit#S...cific_countries

Any idea what the brand is dude? i thought electronics were meant to operate at a certain regulatory level (which gotta be approved by eh.. cant remember the bloody dept.. ya knw that wordings o certain electronic devices say "this device is rated class --- by the some electronic foundation thingy". And saying it would not cause any interference with existing electronic devices... anyways everythings good if we could jump the fine :lol:

Zz

Lidatek is something the bmw crowd has been raving about for years. Its a hard-wired system and is out of sight. no personal exp though! I dont drive that fast anymore :)

Litadek

Edited by dhp

cool unit dhp.. bloody price of 400$ odd though.. and it aint on ebay for a good discount :) i guess this hard-wired system would be outta my sight till i get some good $$$.. btw.. do those guys ship to SL or abroad for that matter?

Zz

U proly won't find this one on ebay. If one comes up fo sale, one of the other bimmer guys snatch it up. not sure about the shipping.. I can be the intermediary if ur interested and trust me enough :lol:

I am like you, I dont speed enough to justify buying this. The Cobra works fine for me! Common sense is the best tool against getting most tiks (unless u run into a dUck-head cop). plus I drive boring looking cars, cops dont pay attention to me.

U proly won't find this one on ebay. If one comes up fo sale, one of the other bimmer guys snatch it up. not sure about the shipping.. I can be the intermediary if ur interested and trust me enough :lol:

I am like you, I dont speed enough to justify buying this. The Cobra works fine for me! Common sense is the best tool against getting most tiks (unless u run into a dUck-head cop). plus I drive boring looking cars, cops dont pay attention to me.

lol.. ill def let ya knw once i got myself loaded with some $$$.. but it seems like the trap locations have changed quite a bit.. and put into use more in the town area rather than the rural areas.. cuz I went to Kandy with avg speed of 90 odd and there was not a single coppa waiting for me :) then there was this Sonata dude who i had a small compete with and he ended up getting copped bout 5 km before the Kandy town once I let him overtake..

even the same goes to the down south roads.. talk about boring looking cars hehe.. it seems that justifyin the costs of getting it and installing it.. is kinda pointless in a way.. dude.. there is this system i think would suit US and the UK.. this device is flashed to update it with the latest location of speed traps etc. and works in conjunction with GPS.. it has a database of maps of all areas where there is "fine" risk.. would warn ya in advance n stuff.. though it is quite costly.. pretty amazing how technology would help ya lmao...

Zz

but guys isnt there a simpler alterntive like finding é odd deserted rd where they're arnt gonna be any cops abt....?

....i know i know...small countyr...LOTSA cops crawling around...but still with é new one was system in Cinnamon gardens i've found that it makes for an exceent drive with some lovely corners :blink:

but guys isnt there a simpler alterntive like finding é odd deserted rd where they're arnt gonna be any cops abt....?

....i know i know...small countyr...LOTSA cops crawling around...but still with é new one was system in Cinnamon gardens i've found that it makes for an exceent drive with some lovely corners :blink:

give t time.. n they be pointing da freakin laser at ya.. :lol: just make sure you be a DK around those corners k... lol

Zz

lol surfaces arent smooth enough to get proper drift without b&ggering é tires n suspension....but é rear stepping out is a sensation all on its own :blink:

ado.. if it would interest ya.. i found a stretch of beautiful tarmac on me way to matugama down south.. the road is so smooth n begs for some tyres to screech lol.. n yes,, the fun part.. there are loads o corners.. does ya car have LSD dude?

Zz

sounds cool ....but ppor olé me never gets outta colombo...é AL G2G will be 'w Z's "comming out" of sorts :blink:

as4é LSD- no machan - standard diff so it will lock up if u try anyhting too barmy i figure..

was watching the Drift Bible by BMI and it seems standard dif. LSD s dont do a perfect job eh... but hel.. its worth a bloody try man.. if i were ya n have a pocket full o notes to waste i woud def try some drifting lol... 6 bloody techniques they say.. good grief..

Zz

ALL HAIL é GREAT KEICHI !!!!!

Dori-King ta Jaya Wëvä!!!

:blink:

if only we had "safe" controlled environments with easy access withing a 20km radius of é city i'd deffa try it out - afterall u only live once né :lol:

i doubt i'd do toom uch damage with just a days mild drifting :)

A bit OT................I got copped Sunday night around 11.30pm on Galle Rd in Wellawatte. I was having what I thought was a cool cruise home. I saw the cop waving the flash stick v far away. I did not see him using the radar gun.

When I got to the point he showed me 76km/h. Which I found very hard to believe.

What I suspect is that, that was not my speed. That was a previous vehicle. And the cop was yarning for a bribe.

What I want to know is shouldn't the radar guns have date and time of the speed recorded? Or else since most cops are corrupt they'd flash you down just to make money. Any legal experts out there?

A bit OT................I got copped Sunday night around 11.30pm on Galle Rd in Wellawatte. I was having what I thought was a cool cruise home. I saw the cop waving the flash stick v far away. I did not see him using the radar gun.

When I got to the point he showed me 76km/h. Which I found very hard to believe.

What I suspect is that, that was not my speed. That was a previous vehicle. And the cop was yarning for a bribe.

What I want to know is shouldn't the radar guns have date and time of the speed recorded? Or else since most cops are corrupt they'd flash you down just to make money. Any legal experts out there?

I though the radar gun works only in day time. May be because I never got copped in the night for speeding. :D

when it is wellawatte ya d say just passing the savoy cinema towards bambalapitiya yeah? prob is there is more than enough camouflage around that area to keep these coppers hidden dude.. and usually one guy does the measurement and the other the trapping..

even i came across a similiar experience myself when i was caught jumping the red though it was definitely green.. their word is taken more seriously than ours yeah.. best thing to do is that when ya feel they are stopping ya for speeding though ya r doin below 60 kmph just drive thru.. am not recommending it but witnessed it and those moronz just stood stil aghast .. it aint a solution but a method to save yaself from a un-needed fine/bribery..

Zz

give t time.. n they be pointing da freakin laser at ya.. :D just make sure you be a DK around those corners k... lol

Zz

Guys ,

They already are. Last Saturday afternoon there was a Cop car parked on Duplication road somewhere near British Council and they were pointing a speedgun at the oncoming uniflow traffic.

what really sucks is getting a "speeding ticket" for doing 60kmh :D bloody speed limit is 56kmh in Colombo and suburbs according to the cop i got busted to recently :P

Mind you i got busted for going on the right hand side lane when the left lane was vacant. Apparently according to traffic laws, you can only get onto the right lane to either overtake a lefty or to turn right :o

Worthwhile investing on a decent laser/radar detector to save numerous trips to cop stations and all that hassle especially if you get copped out of colombo :)