• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Favourite Car Chase?!?

ashan

Out of bordem just thought i'd check with ya'll...whats you favourite car chase in a movie? ...and why? Fire away guys!\

My all time fav. is from "Gone in 60seconds" and the chase is where Cage out-runs the PoPo in a 1967 Shelby Mustang GT 500...awsome run....forgetting e fact that its just a movie...damn a car of that age pulling out those stunts...AMAZING :action-smiley-033: !!!

My all time fav. is from "Gone in 60seconds" and the chase is where Cage out-runs the PoPo in a 1967 Shelby Mustang GT 500...awsome run....forgetting e fact that its just a movie...damn a car of that age pulling out those stunts...AMAZING :action-smiley-033: !!!

Ditto ++

Memphis + Eleanor FTW !!!

Memphis: " I just stole fifty cars in one night! I'm a little tired, little *wired*, and I think I deserve a little appreciation! "

Edited by Memphis

My top 5.

1. 406 Vs E34 5 Series BM in "Ronin"

2. Citroen 2Cv VS 2 Peugeot 504 s in "For Your Eyes Only" (007)

3. Alfetta GTV VS German Police 5 series in "Octopussy" (007)

4. Stang VS Charger in "Bullit"

5. Mini VS the French Police in "The Bourne Identity".

And the worst? That's easy....

Sly Stallone in the Indy car on the streets in "Driven" :lol:

My top 5.

1. 406 Vs E34 5 Series BM in "Ronin"

2. Citroen 2Cv VS 2 Peugeot 504 s in "For Your Eyes Only" (007)

3. Alfetta GTV VS German Police 5 series in "Octopussy" (007)

4. Stang VS Charger in "Bullit"

5. Mini VS the French Police in "The Bourne Identity".

And the worst? That's easy....

Sly Stallone in the Indy car on the streets in "Driven" :alc:

Hey Guys,

You're forgetting the Car chase through the streets of Turin in the Original Italian Job. That has to be one of the all time greats......

Hey Guys,

You're forgetting the Car chase through the streets of Turin in the Original Italian Job. That has to be one of the all time greats......

Yeah it is good. But it's more to do with the smallness of the mini. And the Brits trying to over-rate their products than a breath taking car chase. That's why I left it out.

The best moments in that movie for me are,

1. The Mafia Boses arriving and departing in the gorgeous Fiat Dino Coupe - Hearing the Ferrari V6 rev :D

2. And of course the Lambo Miura drive at the begining - the V12 resonating off the tunnel :alc: Heaven!

John Frankenheimer's Ronin fo' sho'. The Matrix freeway bike chase was great too, as was Bullitt.

Did any of you guys see the BMW Movies with Clive Owen? Five top directors did a short 5-minute video each with a nice storyline and a BMW car. They were all great but the best were by Guy Ritchie (feat. Madonna) and John Frankenheimer. Check www.bmwfilms.com to see if they're still up.

In fact, Frankenheimer also did 'Grand Prix', by far the finest racing movie of all time.

Did any of you guys see the BMW Movies with Clive Owen? Five top directors did a short 5-minute video each with a nice storyline and a BMW car. They were all great but the best were by Guy Ritchie (feat. Madonna) and John Frankenheimer. Check www.bmwfilms.com to see if they're still up.

Yeah, I saw the one with the Z4. Cool stuff :D I think that was John Woo or summin.

Check this out more of a mating dance than a car chase. Michael Cairn in the Alfa Montreal and Maureen Kerwin in the 911. Note the awesome sound of the Alfa V8. The movie is "Marseille Contract" from 1974.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU-nw3hI-EI

As one comment says don't you think the chase in GoldenEye (007) is very similar? The one with the Ferrari 355 and the Aston DB5? Even the location seems similar.

Check this out more of a mating dance than a car chase. Michael Cairn in the Alfa Montreal and Maureen Kerwin in the 911. Note the awesome sound of the Alfa V8. The movie is "Marseille Contract" from 1974.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU-nw3hI-EI

As one comment says don't you think the chase in GoldenEye (007) is very similar? The one with the Ferrari 355 and the Aston DB5? Even the location seems similar.

nice scene - but wut on earth was with é carnival/Merry-go-round sounctrack!!? :D

n as nice a that V8 burble n blip was when michael cain downshifted he still managed to loose it proper when he took it on é outside of that bend!! - u can see him having to stop n then correct n set off agian! :)

Edited by Devinda_Z