• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sl500 In Sl

jterminator

well apart from Rusi Captain's SL55AMG there arent many if at all any newer generation SL's here..

But Asgi Akbarally does have some of é older R129's in his collection...

which did u see new or old?

The Dharmadasa's have a SL500. There are a couple of SL350 s as well.

well apart from Rusi Captain's SL55AMG there arent many if at all any newer generation SL's here..

It was the new body shape. I didn't see the actual model but i was assuming it was a 500. Could've even been a 600 or 55AMG, i just assumed its the lowest model coz i didn't think anybody in Sri Lanka could afford a 55MG or a 600 (same price right both of em?). But the car was absolutely gorgeous.

Correct, The new SL 500 (I think) is owned by Akbar Bors. it is park near their warehouse off Darley Road. I saw it last afternoon.

There's also a SLR 350 s, owned by Danuka Ramanayake, That can really sprint....

check é NISMO meet album on the Autolanka gallery for pictures of Dhanuka's Silver CLS 350!

but quite a few CLS 's around né - even Ot*ra Ch*ndhiram's got one :D funky combo that ;)

I saw Sumal Pere**** in a blak 2 door whats that one, you know how good I am about cars thats why I am asking you

Ya... Sumal's gud ole 300- still looks good though..

That's a CL600. 6.0 V12 engine and a coupe based on the W140 S-class, successor to the W126 SEC (like my one).

Pity no one ever brought a single W220 CL Coupe. Which IMHO is one of the most elegant Mercs of recent times.

That's a CL600. 6.0 V12 engine and a coupe based on the W140 S-class, successor to the W126 SEC (like my one).

Pity no one ever brought a single W220 CL Coupe. Which IMHO is one of the most elegant Mercs of recent times.

I think you're referring to the W215 CL Coupe ? - Sure would like to see one of these on our roads... :blink:

IPB Image

IPB Image

isnt it a tad too large to be a sport coupé? ...very much a Bentley wanna be cozy Gt car,which had é potential to "move" :D

but outta curiousity, is that engine é biggest motor in é island??

bar those big rigs (though litle by int'l standards) , which vehicle has the biggest engine in Sri Lanka in terms of displacement???? :huh:

isnt it a tad too large to be a sport coupé? ...very much a Bentley wanna be cozy Gt car,which had é potential to "move" :D

but outta curiousity, is that engine é biggest motor in é island??

bar those big rigs (though litle by int'l standards) , which vehicle has the biggest engine in Sri Lanka in terms of displacement???? :huh:

The Primemovers and Tourist Coaches that are in Sri Lanka are also HUGE (4-12,000CC usually) when it comes to displacement ;). Not sure bout the Military, Port and Airport vehicles.

For a Motorcar, it probably is.

The Primemovers and Tourist Coaches that are in Sri Lanka are also HUGE (4-12,000CC usually) when it comes to displacement ;). Not sure bout the Military, Port and Airport vehicles.

For a Motorcar, it probably is.

is it true that those new TATA coaches - é big ones used for é Jaffna runs - have a 3.somethin litre TWIN TURBO charged engines???

:huh:

....but wut on earth would a bus do with a 12L enigne?!! :blink:

is it true that those new TATA coaches - é big ones used for é Jaffna runs - have a 3.somethin litre TWIN TURBO charged engines???

:huh:

....but wut on earth would a bus do with a 12L enigne?!! :blink:

Run the bus full of tourists and their bags at high speeds on Autobhans. Power the huge A/C unit (Some busses come twin engined though).