• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2008 Audi A5

shane6399

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Audi is about to unveil the all-new 2008 Audi A5 at the 2007 Geneva Motor Show. It was designed to rival the BMW 3-series coupe and the upcoming Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe. Audi is expected to include a 3.2-liter FSI V6 variant, among others.

Transmission choices for the new two-door will include six-speed manual, CVT, and DSG gearboxes.

3 litre TDI, Interseting for a coupe! The lines on back of the car looks abit CLK, new 3 Series coupe' ish., Front looks too much like the TT. Come to think about it the designer has'nt done much in the designing area. Lazy. However the car is attractive. Like most audi's it might look better in the flesh. I bet this car will sell well in europe, specially in the UK.

Audi Design chief promised the A5 will be the most beautiful car he has ever designed. Honestly I'm quite dissappointed with this. :(

then what about these two

NEW TT

IPB Image

R8

IPB Image

then what about these two

NEW TT

IPB Image

R8

IPB Image

I think the R8 looks and seems like an amazing car. Just read a review on thecarenthusiast a few days ago...got some great pics and comments on the car on there (http://www.carenthusiast.com/roadtests.html?mode=article&id=1723).

as for this A5..i'm not a fan of the rear, but i sort of like the styling of the new audis...quite a bit more pointy and aggressive than the old ones (especially the front)..and their interiors are just perfect i think. looks like a great car overall!

Agreed. the A5 does smack of a touch of design laziness, But IMO i'd still pick it over a 6-series anyday (except possibly the M6 :D, unless there is an RS5....... :lol: )

I'm not an Audi fan but the R8 looks realy great & I'm not impressed with the A5. I would pick an M3 instead of the A5.

rear looks a bit merc too me n the front has a tad bit of a beemer look attached to it.. seems to me most o em concepts and future cars are a a combo o previous designs...

the previous gen of audis looked quite eh.. executive but kinda glad that these got those looks removed quite a bit..

Zz

front n rear are trademark new generation Audi with the oversized Grill & rear light cluster

only different between that n é new A4 lights is é angular edge on é bottom section if é inner part of é brake light assembly...but apart from that its all é same

its good to have an across é border design theme to show that a vehicle is of é same family - but this is jus being uncreative

even Mercedes r guilty of this

only BMW seemed to have pulled off that effort , be it to a small degree...

"inculusive of manufacturer DNA but distinctive in appearance" - thats what they should aim for!!!