• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lankan Black List

Devinda_Z

Question

• Answers 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

i'd hate to admit it,but even i'd fancy ur EVO's vs. an Auto nsx...

afteral 4wd grip & a identical P:W ratio gives a manual car é edge

My point is NSX is not a super fast car when it comes to Drags bt @ Track its a different story bt In SL Most PPL Drag and only Few go to Track and show their Skills

So i personally think In Our Black List we cant put the NSX to a Top 5 maybe 8 or 9 cus I think This NSX cant beat Nige Subaru/Ashans Evo/kanchans Evo/Shenals Evo/Ayodhya Subaru/Nirosh Subaru

Then hw do we know its fast ?

because "fast" means the speed it can and does go at, not the acceleration... :rolleyes: Therefore drags are a very bad indicator, coz lotsa jap cars are limited to 180. Which leads me to wonder if them Spec Cs and stuff are limited too? :blink: The Skyline is limited to 155mph. Must ask Javid next time I see him.

NSX weight around 1350 kg Bt i think 2L AWD Turbo cars r quicker than the NA Mid-engine; RW drive 3.2L DOHC V-6

The autos have a 3.0l V6. U haven't been paying attention in TipiTip mama's tution classes :D

As for this BM, its obviously a BM driven by a white dude, but whats the reason for calling it a fake? Are u saying an Alpina BM can't do this speed? Or did u guys mistakenly think this was supposed to be the NSX? There is no message posted with the pics which does cause confusion. Hola, whats the pic for?

because "fast" means the speed it can and does go at, not the acceleration... :rolleyes: Therefore drags are a very bad indicator, coz lotsa jap cars are limited to 180. Which leads me to wonder if them Spec Cs and stuff are limited too? :blink: The Skyline is limited to 155mph. Must ask Javid next time I see him.

Ah brother thats my point most JDM cars max speed is limited to 180 so Drag is perfect indicator to check the Acceleration and mid range power but in Sl we cant check the Top End cus we dont have Any Drag tracks in SL

I have some videos of Thailand Drags man even thailand got a Awesome Drag Track bt we dont :angry:

So In Sl the benchmark is the " Quarter Mile Drag "

The autos have a 3.0l V6. U haven't been paying attention in TipiTip mama's tution classes :D

As for this BM, its obviously a BM driven by a white dude, but whats the reason for calling it a fake? Are u saying an Alpina BM can't do this speed? Or did u guys mistakenly think this was supposed to be the NSX? There is no message posted with the pics which does cause confusion. Hola, whats the pic for?

Ahh Ok then Auto cars dont have Extra .2 L :D Anyway TipiTips is coming to Sl tomorrow n for sure hes gona reply abt this NSX thing,

I personally Think Ashans EVO III is the fastest Quarter Mile Drag Car in SL

Abt the speedometer something is Wrong the Digital meter say 255.2 bt the Analogue one say 270 ? :blink::blink:

"AUTO NSX

The DOHC VTEC C30A is a 3.0 L version, producing 201 kW (270 bhp) and 285 N·m (210 ft·lbf) of torque".

Edited by GihanFX

Abt the speedometer something is Wrong the Digital meter say 255.2 bt the Analogue one say 270 ? :blink::blink:

the 255.2 is the trip meter.. so it can be correct. but im skeptical as well because the other lights are on such as the check engine and battery light, could this just be a reset at start....

Ah brother thats my point most JDM cars max speed is limited to 180 so Drag is perfect indicator to check the Acceleration and mid range power but in Sl we cant check the Top End cus we dont have Any Drag tracks in SL

I have some videos of Thailand Drags man even thailand got a Awesome Drag Track bt we dont :angry:

So In Sl the benchmark is the " Quarter Mile Drag "

The perfect indicators don't match the topic question, and that opinion is therefore, OT. And Top End isn't tested on drag tracks coz drag tracks are only timed over 400m!

I personally Think Ashans EVO III is the fastest Quarter Mile Drag Car in SL

Probably. But that doesn't say anything about the topic parameters. I've seen that car do Katu, and it absolutely hammers down the straight and then looses all that time in the corners. I've no idea why that is tho, I woulda thought that driver/car combo would do better in the twisties. Its not like Ashan is a newbie or summin.

What maked u think thats a digital speedo? :lol: more likely a trip meter or summin. Would a BM owner elaborate? Max?

the 255.2 is the trip meter.. so it can be correct. but im skeptical as well because the other lights are on such as the check engine and battery light, could this just be a reset at start....

Beaten to the punch ! so many things to check...

could well be real tho. I don't see a battery light (which one do u mean) but looks like a oil temp and pressure. And at that speed, I believe it :D my rice works remember ;)

I've seen that car do Katu, and it absolutely hammers down the straight and then looses all that time in the corners. I've no idea why that is tho, I woulda thought that driver/car combo would do better in the twisties. Its not like Ashan is a newbie or summin.

This is Endless like we discussed abt the NSX in that Site :lol: anyway Ashans car is build for Drags so hes running at Higher Boost ( I think 2 Bar 30 PSI ) so for Track racing its not suitable

What maked u think thats a digital speedo? :lol: more likely a trip meter or summin. Would a BM owner elaborate? Max?

Never used a car with Digital trip Meter :unsure:

This is Endless like we discussed abt the NSX in that Site :lol: anyway Ashans car is build for Drags so hes running at Higher Boost ( I think 2 Bar 30 PSI ) so for Track racing its not suitable

Never used a car with Digital trip Meter :unsure:

Eh? Even I have a digital trip meter...

If I may comment, IMO this could be a real photo,

1. as D_z pointed out, it says ALPINA (which corresponds with the stitching on the steering wheel-Alpina Colours) , which means of course no speed limiters.

2. its a left hand drive car, (notice the A-pillar on the LHS of the pic), so most probably an Autobahn pic

3. the tach position just about corresponds to the speed, (from what i know, on a startup check, the needles on an E36 beemer dont swing..... but not sure about Alpinas

4. and last but not least, the Fuel consumption readout, (the little meter at the bottom of the tach, which says "L/100km"), which only moves when the engine is running, is at a correspondingly high figure.... :lol:

either way, we desperately need the comment of the person who posted the pic, and of a BMW expert....

i dont think there is any doubt about é fact that é photo is real - those cars r tuned well enought to be that quick

exctly how gutsy/stupid é guy was to be bothered taking pictures whilst doing such an obscenely high speed is another question altogether!!! :D

but i was under é impression that é whole "fake" thing was cuz we were on abt NSX's n this was no nsx dash....

Check out this old Apina....

http://www.bmwm5.com/articles/tripbiturbo/alptrip_6.htm

The meters look the same.

"Producing 360 HP from double turbochargers with a top speed over 290 km/h......." even this old one is certainly capable of the speed. I don't recall seeing any BWM Alpina's on the road... they probably look like a M unless you notice the badge anyway.

Edited by bart simpson

Alpina looks alike the normal BMW except for the Badge & the skirtings.

Do we have any Alpina's in SL??

No machan -sadly we have very few European tuner modded cars in sri lanka - mainly cuz no ones ever heard of em even!!! :(

that E34 Bimmer is a solid peice of kit

ah there is one clear differentiator with normal Bimmers & a common denominator amoungst all ALPINAs

the RIMS

IPB Image

No machan -sadly we have very few European tuner modded cars in sri lanka - mainly cuz no ones ever heard of em even!!! :(

that E34 Bimmer is a solid peice of kit

ah there is one clear differentiator with normal Bimmers & a common denominator amoungst all ALPINAs

the RIMS

IPB Image

Its also called M3 isnt it? Sorry if im wrong, but my knowledge on beemers is nil