• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Swap D15b3 With B18c Type R

speeddemon200

Hi Guys, im contemplatin swappin da d15b3 on ma '88 grand civic to a b18c type r.

ne idea on da cost of a complete b18c type r block wit da tranny and mounts?

guess i'll have to improve brakes and shocks.

ne good performance shock that'll fit? i've got 15" low pro wheels at da mo...

was plannin to go wit prelude/ or brembo brakes...

ne other upgrades i may need to accomodate da engine swap?

ur ideas please...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at da mo im runnin da stock engine dat came wit car, with arnd 150k-200k on clock....cant remember....in for painting at da mo... ne ways even after removing da high pressure fuel pump, n replacin wit original which da prev owner had installed i've only gone frm 4.5kmpl-7kmpl approx....not much change in power either, seems a bit low compared to other ef2's....(single carb)...

i hear da v-tech is more economical and more powerful as well...(saw a supercharged ef2 turbo with a b18c type r block, very tempting, 400hp, 200hp with just stock b18cr)

how much bhp can this chassy take, without compromising safety...pls advice abt good brakes as well...

not able to put beat barrel as well cause of low fuel....

got abt 200k i hear can get a good vtec for arnd 80k....

really need da performance shocks tho...cause very bumpy ride at da mo....(dont wanna lose da profiles<_< )....

at da mo im runnin da stock engine dat came wit car, with arnd 150k-200k on clock....cant remember....in for painting at da mo... ne ways even after removing da high pressure fuel pump, n replacin wit original which da prev owner had installed i've only gone frm 4.5kmpl-7kmpl approx....not much change in power either, seems a bit low compared to other ef2's....(single carb)...

i hear da v-tech is more economical and more powerful as well...(saw a supercharged ef2 turbo with a b18c type r block, very tempting, 400hp, 200hp with just stock b18cr)

how much bhp can this chassy take, without compromising safety...pls advice abt good brakes as well...

not able to put beat barrel as well cause of low fuel....

got abt 200k i hear can get a good vtec for arnd 80k....

really need da performance shocks tho...cause very bumpy ride at da mo....(dont wanna lose da profiles<_< )....

forget beat barrel for now. How is your gear box? hope its manual

For your budget you maybe able to do a decent baby vtec d15b. The B18C5 is a bit too serious as Max says. Dont ask how much a chassis can handle. It will work in a straight line for sure on corners I dont know. But none the less I share a different opinion to Max on that :)

For your budget you maybe able to do a decent baby vtec d15b. The B18C5 is a bit too serious as Max says. Dont ask how much a chassis can handle. It will work in a straight line for sure on corners I dont know. But none the less I share a different opinion to Max on that :)

yep manual...whats da power & economy on dis engine?

yep manual...whats da power & economy on dis engine?

hmmm. tricky question... well the D15 vtec should have 130hp but we are talking about an old engine here... so most likely less that that.

fuel econo around 9km-12km ... but i know some EG's been complainin real bad fuel econo too...

hmmm. tricky question... well the D15 vtec should have 130hp but we are talking about an old engine here... so most likely less that that.

fuel econo around 9km-12km ... but i know some EG's been complainin real bad fuel econo too...

speeddemon200, just as my good friend Isurujosh another guy to consult is Gaya Alwatha aka Racersedge. He is the local temple of Hondas in SL. His number is mostly at AL classified. Please call him up for more info too

speeddemon200, just as my good friend Isurujosh another guy to consult is Gaya Alwatha aka Racersedge. He is the local temple of Hondas in SL. His number is mostly at AL classified. Please call him up for more info too

how can you not mention Zackie's Tuned-iChip for Honda's bro... i call it the Temple of VTEC-Colombo

@speeddemon200: Zackie can get a good D15 tuned to do really good on fuel in low RPM s and extract the full potential of D15 in high end. (I am talking about revving as high as 8500 here)... for starters i can tell you that i got a fuel econo improvement even after dumping a beat barrel with his tuning. (mind u ma car was in very good shape b4 da tune up too - so the improvement is def. coz of his genious oh hondas.)

how can you not mention Zackie's Tuned-iChip for Honda's bro... i call it the Temple of VTEC-Colombo

@speeddemon200: Zackie can get a good D15 tuned to do really good on fuel in low RPM s and extract the full potential of D15 in high end. (I am talking about revving as high as 8500 here)... for starters i can tell you that i got a fuel econo improvement even after dumping a beat barrel with his tuning. (mind u ma car was in very good shape b4 da tune up too - so the improvement is def. coz of his genious oh hondas.)

never met Zackie. I always rely upon the agents/Porkster for my car

TO DO Conversions there is Only One person in SL thats MR Nigel, there are many Honda guys in SL bt those guys only mod cars bt this guy do lots of conversions

He imports things from malasia the best thing is he gives u a guarantee the take less time compairing to Nilantha and other who done some nice conversions

Bt B18C swap is very expensive i think its better to do a SIR Swap cus u can find SIR engines in SL

TO DO Conversions there is Only One person in SL thats MR Nigel, there are many Honda guys in SL bt those guys only mod cars bt this guy do lots of conversions

He imports things from malasia the best thing is he gives u a guarantee the take less time compairing to Nilantha and other who done some nice conversions

Bt B18C swap is very expensive i think its better to do a SIR Swap cus u can find SIR engines in SL

:D be honest and say that evo3 conversion is the best :P .. i did suggest that to this guy over e-mail ... apparently the modz here have restrictions nd i got to stay within the rules ;)

:D be honest and say that evo3 conversion is the best :P .. i did suggest that to this guy over e-mail ... apparently the modz here have restrictions nd i got to stay within the rules ;)

I only said Nigel do gud conversions with a guarantee thats it :blink:

4G63 Conversions, SR20DET conversions Honda B/H conversions

thanks guys...will have a look at ur advice to try to get da best out of ma budget...

@PILA sorry dude...didnt have da time to search....ne way since all of us here are petrol heads n' like talkin abt cars/motor vehicles.....im hopin u wouldnt mind ma questions...

this was ma aim (minus bodykit of course....too low).....http://www.modifiedcars.com/cars/Honda/Civic-Turbo-1990-15567.htm

but alas too costly for da mo....:((

Edited by speeddemon200

as nice as that car seems,you need to ask yourself if its really worth going to all that trouble to modify a car - given that é full list of mods u want will set u back a sum close upon é very Value of ur enitre car! :(

well i did say i was goin to do all possible mods within 200k.....

cant afford better car at mo.....due to our lovely tax system...

well i did say i was goin to do all possible mods within 200k.....

cant afford better car at mo.....due to our lovely tax system...

Waitup. What are the exact details of your car. Becuase of the lovely tax sytem every car in the island got a market now. Even 2 doors to Isuzu Geminis. What are the details? Options, body condtion. If we could sell it over AL and find a good one it wil take a big headache out of you