• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Civic Type R 07

maliths

Very Futuristic looking styling. I 'feel' it will date quickly. It has had mixed reviews. CAR magazine is raving about it while Autocar criticised it.

It will not be available as an official import but should come as a used import from Japan or UK. I'm guessing a price of about 7.5 million.

i am a big fan of honda, and lotz european journalists still call it the king of hot hatches (although there are faster more powerful hot hatches, considering everything they vote for this CTR)... but for me this car is not progress from previous ones... sure this is more refined, datz it.

Very Futuristic looking styling. I 'feel' it will date quickly. It has had mixed reviews. CAR magazine is raving about it while Autocar criticised it.

It will not be available as an official import but should come as a used import from Japan or UK. I'm guessing a price of about 7.5 million.

u reckon 7.5 million even 4 a used one?

i am a big fan of honda, and lotz european journalists still call it the king of hot hatches (although there are faster more powerful hot hatches, considering everything they vote for this CTR)... but for me this car is not progress from previous ones... sure this is more refined, datz it.

u reckon 7.5 million even 4 a used one?

I was thinking that price for about a year old one. New will probably be more like the Golf GTI which is a direct rival.

You're right about it not making progress. The suspension is a step backwards. However the engine is said to be more flexible and need not be revved like crazy like before.

I was thinking that price for about a year old one. New will probably be more like the Golf GTI which is a direct rival.

You're right about it not making progress. The suspension is a step backwards. However the engine is said to be more flexible and need not be revved like crazy like before.

OH Shit! first i must apologize for posting on ma bro's account... sorry i did not see he was already logged in... so the above posts in this thread are not randiljosh's they are isurujosh's :action-smiley-060:

on the subject now... yah i too read in top gear that torque is available in lower rpms now and VTEC zone also comes early... still no match for torque of turbo's... but ppl dont buy this for torque... they buy it for VTEC fun.

bdw has anyone bought da VW Golf GTI in colombo showroom... i thot itz been there for some time now :D ... any clue on price?

OH Shit! first i must apologize for posting on ma bro's account... sorry i did not see he was already logged in... so the above posts in this thread are not randiljosh's they are isurujosh's :action-smiley-060:

on the subject now... yah i too read in top gear that torque is available in lower rpms now and VTEC zone also comes early... still no match for torque of turbo's... but ppl dont buy this for torque... they buy it for VTEC fun.

bdw has anyone bought da VW Golf GTI in colombo showroom... i thot itz been there for some time now :D ... any clue on price?

Ten point two Million SLR!!!!

damn really.... :( ... datz real bad value for money... spend a few more more bucks and buy an EVO and u get to Annihilate a VW GTI... same goes for Honda's as well, bad value for money(on performance)... all coz of our CRAAAAAAZY tax system.

Bloody Helll... Ten Million?? for a car that size..

well the standard civic of this type seems to come with a decent turbo diesel unit which has the same horsepower as the 1.8 petrol unit.

I just love the interior of this model. the one with the sat nav screeen is quite nice

Bloody Helll... Ten Million?? for a car that size..

well the standard civic of this type seems to come with a decent turbo diesel unit which has the same horsepower as the 1.8 petrol unit.

I just love the interior of this model. the one with the sat nav screeen is quite nice

yap the 2.2L diesel is said to be a good pick for euro buyers (i mean non-performance honda civic buyers) ... but that car is said to be noicy than the accord's installation.

7.5milion? i dont think so, should be around 9. and i doubt anyone will have gutss to bring this down here

7.5milion? i dont think so, should be around 9. and i doubt anyone will have gutss to bring this down here

duhhh what on earth are you suggesting... u think a used CTR (one year as GTAm anticipated) is gonna cost 9 mn???? datz even more than used EVO/STI :blink:

other than for some track racing application in a certain class itz not wise to invest such big money on a costly CTR... again real bad value for money... but heck some people just love the type R VTEC character and forget about value-for-money and still buy these cars... all these are wonderful cars in their own right ;)

bdw this euro version has only 197-200hp but i guess the jap CTR is 220ps now.

Edited by isurujosh

duhhh what on earth are you suggesting... u think a used CTR (one year as GTAm anticipated) is gonna cost 9 mn???? datz even more than used EVO/STI :blink:

other than for some track racing application in a certain class itz not wise to invest such big money on a costly CTR... again real bad value for money... but heck some people just love the type R VTEC character and forget about value-for-money and still buy these cars... all these are wonderful cars in their own right ;)

bdw this euro version has only 197-200hp but i guess the jap CTR is 220ps now.

Yup, so no one will dare to bring one down for the price

Yup, so no one will dare to bring one down for the price

who knows pal... we even got a NSX recently eh :P ... this is a country of lotz rich ppl and with rising inflation rich people becomes even richer... datz the theory of economist's... :D

who knows pal... we even got a NSX recently eh :P ... this is a country of lotz rich ppl and with rising inflation rich people becomes even richer... datz the theory of economist's... :D

You are right. When The golf GT goes at 10.9. (for some reason i cant get the GOLF GT out o my head)

Oh yes.. Well for a country of our size we certainly do have a large number of high end exotic cars.

yap the 2.2L diesel is said to be a good pick for euro buyers (i mean non-performance honda civic buyers) ... but that car is said to be noicy than the accord's installation.

Yes i have read that the diesel is quite good. Some say its a better buy than the 1.8 petrol model cos it gives better torque at lower revs. Ok its certainly not for someone looking for performance.

Oh yes.. Well for a country of our size we certainly do have a large number of high end exotic cars.

Yes i have read that the diesel is quite good. Some say its a better buy than the 1.8 petrol model cos it gives better torque at lower revs. Ok its certainly not for someone looking for performance.

but toyota has come up with a powerful diesel in europe for their auris(corolla as we know).

but toyota has come up with a powerful diesel in europe for their auris(corolla as we know).

oh is the auris the same as the corolla?? well i checked the toyota website and there is a 2.2 Diesel unit but when u go to build ur spec the 2.2 is not available the only available one is a 2.0D. But i think the civic offers better value like u get more gadgets :D compared to the toyota.

oh is the auris the same as the corolla?? well i checked the toyota website and there is a 2.2 Diesel unit but when u go to build ur spec the 2.2 is not available the only available one is a 2.0D. But i think the civic offers better value like u get more gadgets :D compared to the toyota.

Click Here Auris 2.2 has 177 hp according to this... this site is very reliable... interesting articles in that site... just read 'em.

damn really.... :( ... datz real bad value for money... spend a few more more bucks and buy an EVO and u get to Annihilate a VW GTI... same goes for Honda's as well, bad value for money(on performance)... all coz of our CRAAAAAAZY tax system.

that CTR cockpit looks stunning! :) ...almost looks like a cross of é Knight Intustries 2000 & é bridge controls aboard the USS Enterprise!!!! :lol:

& forget about Diesel cars - with é tax rate its not worth getting them down-cuz when u work out é numbers it'd take far too long to make a return in fuel savings against é duty figure.. :(

(for some reason i cant get the GOLF GT out o my head)

Same here mate. Its near perfect in every sense except price!

that CTR cockpit looks stunning! :) ...almost looks like a cross of é Knight Intustries 2000 & é bridge controls aboard the USS Enterprise!!!! :lol:

Yes have to agree the int looks very Sci Fi in the pics and I like it. Must see it in the flesh though. I liked the exterior as it was revealed but it already seems a wee bit dated. Still its a lot better than the prev model. I think the EG8 hatch looked the best from all the civics!?

Yes have to agree the int looks very Sci Fi in the pics and I like it. Must see it in the flesh though. I liked the exterior as it was revealed but it already seems a wee bit dated. Still its a lot better than the prev model. I think the EG8 hatch looked the best from all the civics!?

Oh yes..... It certainly does look very "Star Wars" doesn't it? but you're right, the best ever Civic design-wise was the EG8 generation.....

Oh yes..... It certainly does look very "Star Wars" doesn't it? but you're right, the best ever Civic design-wise was the EG8 generation.....

I just love this... I havent yet seen an interior like this

IPB Image

IPB Image

I just love this... I havent yet seen an interior like this

Very futuristic. I love this sort of interiors. (may be the reason we all hate indian cars)

just check the prices in UK. It is starting from 17 600 £. Thats something like 3.7 M rupees in current exchange rates if you convert into SLR. Can afford one in UK but dont think so in Sri Lanka. :(

its a bit hard to read IMAO....cuz when decreasing speeds é umbers change too frequently to read sometimes n é same goes when accelerating... :(

but between é S2000 , Civic n Rx8 - é Civic has undoubtably é best n biggest display but yet i'd preffer a analog metre...