• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Survey:do U Do Interior Cleaning/detailing

Hola

Survey:Do u do interior cleaning/detailing  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a do it yourself dude or "let others do and i pay" dude

• Yes - Specify the services you do
    • No - I do almost all by myself

Hi Guys,

Just wanna do small survey and need your support. I need to know how many of you take your beloved car to the car detailing/interior cleaning/waxing joints. Im not talking about full service where washing is anyway is involved.

Some just dont wash their cars themself due to time, space etc

Some dont bother to clean the car by themself at all, and wait till the next trip to the service joint.

Some do themself. Like me, its my weekend exercise to do the car washing and waxing,vacum cleaning. :D

If you choosed YES then please state what you do? Some just do the washing. Some always do the interior cleaning and waxing etc.

Thanks Guys!

Hola

IPB Image

IPB Image

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont quite trust anyone else outside of é home crowd to pay around with é car...

but i did have it serviced by paid proffessionals once - no major complaints but didnt see wut all é fuss was abt!!! - less stress doing it @ home then having to worry about outsiders making a mistake...

when i had my car every sunday i clean it, wash/vacume/wax etc

Bro, You mean atleast once in a while you wont go for a cut and polish?

i dont quite trust anyone else outside of é home crowd to pay around with é car...

but i did have it serviced by paid proffessionals once - no major complaints but didnt see wut all é fuss was abt!!! - less stress doing it @ home then having to worry about outsiders making a mistake...

Not service men. I mean things like interior cleaning, waxing,cut & polish etc. Those stuff

Guys, why are you doing it yourself? is it financial?

To be honest I try to do it myself becuase of the cost. Washing in our area is 250/= per car and 450 per van. Then vacuming and washing is 450/= per car and 700 per van.

And when it comes for car waxing , i like to do it myself becuase of the good work out plus the joy seeing your car getting shined from your own hands. :-)

Wel.. i do the washing basically and ocassionally the waxing but due to not having the right equipments i tend to allow the professional do their specialied services such as interior cleaning, waxing and polishing.. am hoping to purchase some good equipment once me financial position grows a bit.. so i gues it would al change wit time...

Interior cleaning is obviously somethin i let the pros do as stuf such as shampooing n vacuuming requires (as i said earlier) some good equipment..

Zz

Guys, why are you doing it yourself? is it financial?

To be honest I try to do it myself becuase of the cost. Washing in our area is 250/= per car and 450 per van. Then vacuming and washing is 450/= per car and 700 per van.

And when it comes for car waxing , i like to do it myself becuase of the good work out plus the joy seeing your car getting shined from your own hands. :-)

Can you recommend a place to get an interior detailing done close to ja-ela. I'm looking for a full detailing including shampooing etc. etc.

Can you recommend a place to get an interior detailing done close to ja-ela. I'm looking for a full detailing including shampooing etc. etc.

come on saturday-i will do it for you :D 1000 for me, bring wax urself.

Ni im kidding, there is a place in Negombo, thats not far away for you ne?

Ni im kidding, there is a place in Negombo, thats not far away for you ne?

I'm ok as long as they do a good job. I have some stains in my door upholstry etc (mostly left there by mechanics :D). So I guess a good shampooing is in order ...

Tell me the place.. I can always drop by your place, for refreshments while they are attending to my car innit ?

Edited by Memphis

when i had my car every sunday i clean it, wash/vacume/wax etc

dude, when you get ur 'new' car, i want a ride, OK!

I do it myself most of the time But I rate Siji's place as one of the best and I would visit him more often if time was not an issue

pilawoos, can you be more descriptive about the 'Siji's place, please share the info. address, contact nos, and then the rates for specific services. many thanks.

I'm ok as long as they do a good job. I have some stains in my door upholstry etc (mostly left there by mechanics :D). So I guess a good shampooing is in order ...

Tell me the place.. I can always drop by your place, for refreshments while they are attending to my car innit ?

ok, no issue. Im geeting some clean fresh pol raaa by tomorow. Will share it.

pilawoos, can you be more descriptive about the 'Siji's place, please share the info. address, contact nos, and then the rates for specific services. many thanks.

Just call him on 0777300208 mention my name. He's in the Dehiwela area.

Sorry Mods.. please delete if I'm out of line.

thanks.. i will call him and see tomo. BTW how are the charges? he has a place or? :unsure:

Edited by Kim

Bro, You mean atleast once in a while you wont go for a cut and polish?

I repainted my previous car with gud quality paint & lacker and its painted by a professional painter so the paint quality is still there n no need to do a cut & polish

Nt sure these days my economy is down :( ya i give u a ride

Not service men. I mean things like interior cleaning, waxing,cut & polish etc. Those stuff

waxing is done once a month or so at home...

too much of a risk to let unknown ppl mess with é car - had a bad experience with a well known detailing cntre who use Helix/Shell stuff in Mount with another vehicle :( - so since then prefere é home approach

interior is very straightforward - between a bit of Amourall,sheen & a hand held vacume most work is sorted :D

but will be going in for a cut n polish to é ppl who handled é paint job next week :)

I get mine done at 3M or Laughs .. waxing is done at home by me.. cut and poilish I get a guy to come home and do it so that I could see what he's doing.. and could point out on the spots he misses...

i use dash interior and tyre's, wax I use 99

if your not very busy at the moment, can you list the service types with his charges? dat would be very helpful, ther are lotz of ppl those who are around colombo here as far as i know..soooo will be helpful should say.

Edited by Kim

i know about ur plans dude.. :P so i want a ride, as soon as u get her! ;)

yesterday saw a unreg skyline R32 for sale at a car sale near my house bt is AT and saw another honda Eg8 the car condition is super and that car got a turbo kit bt its AT :(

still no plans dude

yesterday saw a unreg skyline R32 for sale at a car sale near my house bt is AT and saw another honda Eg8 the car condition is super and that car got a turbo kit bt its AT :(

still no plans dude

hmmmm....will c..

Edited by Kim

still no plans dude

how much is the sky ?