• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Who Is The Land Rover Expert In Sri Lanka

landy_man

I am afraid machan i havent seen any in uk. but osanda told me he can take another vacuum line from the brake booster to the clutch pump. and i have seen him doing that. but later discovered that it has lot of drawbacks. indika told me that its not a wise idea coz when u are in traffic and in constant use of the clutch you will loose the vacuum delivery to the master pump which will inreturn make you run out of brakes. ( which we dont want to encounter by any means ) . boosting the clutch is doable. but practically you wont enjoy the outcome.

machan..i know its painful but we have to live with it..i guess.

Edited by lakshank

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am afraid machan i havent seen any in uk. but osanda told me he can take another vacuum line from the brake booster to the clutch pump. and i have seen him doing that. but later discovered that it has lot of drawbacks. indika told me that its not a wise idea coz when u are in traffic and in constant use of the clutch you will loose the vacuum delivery to the master pump which will inreturn make you run out of brakes. ( which we dont want to encounter by any means ) . boosting the clutch is doable. but practically you wont enjoy the outcome.

machan..i know its painful but we have to live with it..i guess.

uh that last thing i'd want is a 3 tonne jeep with no brakes!!! :(

but dunno if there is any other more feasible way... :huh: machan you should ask Indika and see if he can design a mechinsim like that né,that could use a seperate pump to boost it? if anyone can make somethin for a Landy,Indika is probably the man to do it né...you should ask him n see

hmmm then i guess all that remains is to "dathmiti kaagena paaganna" until such an innovation comes along! :mellow:

but i guess there is no such thing as a perfect vehicle né,so gotta trade of on some aspects...

Machan Dev & Lakshank we found a solution to the cluch issue!!

Remember you asked how hard my cluch is? There is a Lucas Girling slave cylinder available with local agents (bit expensive) and that helps a bit.Now mine is not as heavy as it used to be! agents told us that a Borg & Beck 3 piece aftermarket kit is available with them but we cannot fix it due warrenty isssue!

machan mini,

what did you fix this part in to. is it to a defender. ..from where did you get it done.

thanks for the info..

Yeah Defender 90 what else!!! Its the Lucas Girling after market cluch slave cylinder im talking about.Agents have it!!

Borg & Beck 3 piece aftermarket kit is also available for installation with them.that's an expensive item and not sure about the outcome! I cannot fix it to my model as mine still under warrenty.